Would you ever date an extrovert? (MBTI)

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 4:55 am

lil_hippie wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well I am very extroverted myself.I think i am ENTJ/ENTP/ENFJ mix .I am willing to date any meyer briggs type.I would be fine marrying a introvert even if my wife happens to be introverted.But ideally she would be extrovert.

ENTJ/ENTP/ENFJ is actually a pretty good mix haha. I wish I was an ENFJ.

Lol thanks.I appreciate it.

bottleblank
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2023, 7:18 am

I've come to think that I'm not as introverted as I always believed I was, so yes, probably.

Given a suitable outlet to channel my social energies into, an environment where I'm able to explore that side of myself more and actually engage with people without social anxiety and poor self-esteem telling me I can't, I suspect I'd be much more capable and willing than I've ever been able to give myself credit for.

But it's difficult to discover that when you're stuck in a world without confidence that people actually want to be around you.

Likewise, you could be the horniest person on the planet, but if you don't have anybody to express that with, well, it doesn't really matter in the end, does it? Because you'll never know how you'll react when it comes down to actually experiencing that reality with another person.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Mar 2023, 4:24 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
lil_hippie wrote:
That's my favorite part too when you allow an extrovert to carry the social interaction and they love you for it.

I'm surprised you'd be introverted in your own home though, I have not heard that one before. I thought even introverts would be comfortable in their own home to be a little more social.

I am introverted in my own home. It's not that I'm uncomfortable here, I just find people incredibly draining, even ones I care for and like to be around. I require tons of alone time in order to be okay. It's hard to do that when you live with someone. I've had a few ex's live with me over the years. It can be tough to juggle that need for space and the desire to not hurt them from needing that space. Some people roll with it better than others. *shrugs* The best ones are the types who are secure and have a big friend group to rely on so they don't look to me for their sole social interactions. I love independent people. They rock.
Me & my girlfriend are both like that but not with each other. We can spend a lot of time together but we both tend to do our own things while hanging out. The TVs are next to each other so we can play different game systems at the same time, or one games while the other watches TV, or one or both of us does something on our phone/tablet, or she does diamond painting at the table nearby while I'm sitting down in front the TV, or I wash dishes while she diamond paints or does something in front the TV, you guys get the idea :lol: She has a very close relationship with her family but finds visiting draining because she feels she has to focus on socializing with them. Whereas she says I'm much less demanding & easy which seems odd to me cuz I've been called demanding quite a lot by my mom but mom was talking about ways other than socializing. I tend to be quiet with everyone including Cass thou I'm much more talkative with her than anyone else but I'm still quiet which is good because Cass tends to talk alot. If she's not talking to me she's talking to pets or herself. She tends to suddenly switch topic & who she's talking to so I often ask if she was talking to me & she often has to repeat herself because I wasn't listening or she was talking too low. I tend to find it funny or cute thou so I'm not usually majorly bothered. I imagine that I would find it a lot harder & draining to socialize with an extrovert. She would complain about me being too quiet, she would pressure me to go out with her, or she would go out without me & I'd spend most of my time home by myself.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition