Increasing popularity of friends-first approach

Page 15 of 16 [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 4:39 am

Pepe wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jono wrote:
Just to show that it's not only me saying this, I found this video on the topic:

Personally, I think being able tell them about your feelings in the makes things easier if you lack social skills, not harder.

I never suggested working opinions regarding this topic was a binary, remember? ;)

"To each their own."
Both ways, perhaps all ways, pay "dividends" at times.

Ole'!

If "all ways" are valid, or, "pay dividends" (at times), then the approach doesn't really matter, does it? At least, in that (lack of) context. So I guess being a smart funny person with a great personality, lying to people to trick them into sex, and exploiting someone's poverty for your own personal gain, are all equally "effective" since they can all "pay dividends". That would explain a lot of the weird ideas about how to get sex "dates" presented on this site.

You seem to be in distress.
I think you need to settle down.

You constantly change the context that other ppl are using.
My context didn't involve lying or exploitation.

Since you seem to be doing this with others, also, I am not taking things personally.

You seem to be overreacting to little things.

I never said your context involved such things - merely that, in the absence of clarity, such things are possible.
Would you care to elaborate? With more than what you "didn't say"?

Dip dodge duck dive and dodge!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 5:57 am

Pepe wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jono wrote:
Just to show that it's not only me saying this, I found this video on the topic:

Personally, I think being able tell them about your feelings in the makes things easier if you lack social skills, not harder.

I never suggested working opinions regarding this topic was a binary, remember? ;)

"To each their own."
Both ways, perhaps all ways, pay "dividends" at times.

Ole'!

If "all ways" are valid, or, "pay dividends" (at times), then the approach doesn't really matter, does it? At least, in that (lack of) context. So I guess being a smart funny person with a great personality, lying to people to trick them into sex, and exploiting someone's poverty for your own personal gain, are all equally "effective" since they can all "pay dividends". That would explain a lot of the weird ideas about how to get sex "dates" presented on this site.

You seem to be in distress.

You constantly change the context that other ppl are using.
My context didn't involve lying or exploitation.

Since you seem to be doing this with others, also, I am not taking things personally.

You seem to be overreacting to little things.

I never said your context involved such things - merely that, in the absence of clarity, such things are possible.
Would you care to elaborate? With more than what you "didn't say"?

Dip dodge duck dive and dodge!

No... 8)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 6:41 am

Didn't think so... 8)

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:01 am

Rexi wrote:
Jono wrote:

That's true but a little too soon and they might not be ready for it and pull away or think it's a red flag so soon, if they themselves tend to not be so fast to feel.

You can always just ask them out for coffee and not call it a date. The important thing is just to not put pressure on them, just asking to meet one-on-one doesn't necessarily mean that they have to decide right now whether they want to be in a relationship with you. Once they know that you're interested, give them all the time they need.

I'd be more concerned about when and where is the appropriate time to ask.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 11:23 pm

Didn't think so... 8)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:22 am

Pepe wrote:
Didn't think so... 8)

I'm not a clock. I'm a fraction. By definition, that makes me "rational" :wink:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 1:44 pm

Really? And I thought you were the uncommon denominator. :wink:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Mar 2023, 5:59 pm

Jono wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Jono wrote:

That's true but a little too soon and they might not be ready for it and pull away or think it's a red flag so soon, if they themselves tend to not be so fast to feel.

You can always just ask them out for coffee and not call it a date. The important thing is just to not put pressure on them, just asking to meet one-on-one doesn't necessarily mean that they have to decide right now whether they want to be in a relationship with you. Once they know that you're interested, give them all the time they need.

I'd be more concerned about when and where is the appropriate time to ask.

Did you hear, Pepe. We haven't had our first coffee date. :mrgreen: I'll bring along a thick mask, I don't want to choke on the smell. Not your smell, but coffee's.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Mar 2023, 6:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
Didn't think so... 8)

Bring your clock with you. You know I love tinkering.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:05 pm

Jono wrote:

Really? And I thought you were the uncommon denominator. :wink:

That's correct. That's WHY I'm a fraction :wink:

On occasion, I've been known to be an improper fraction :jester:

Too much to drink, and I may become a mixed fraction :ninja:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:23 pm

Rexi wrote:

Did you hear, Pepe. We haven't had our first coffee date. :mrgreen: I'll bring along a thick mask, I don't want to choke on the smell. Not your smell, but coffee's.

It will have to be decaff.
You know what happens when I have "real" coffee, right? 8O

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

It will have to be decaff.
You know what happens when I have "real" coffee, right? 8O

I have known you for long enough, caffeine included. You can have some even on our date. :mrgreen:

Experiments on skunks. You have more a werewolf body than ever before, a howlskunk. Part of it is lizard, possibly, too. Want some of my shimmery pink glow La Vie Est Belle cream?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:38 pm

Rexi wrote:

Experiments on skunks. You have more a werewolf body than ever before, a howlskunk. Part of it is lizard, possibly, too. Want some of my shimmery pink glow La Vie Est Belle cream?

Pass.
I am going for the rugged non-binary look. 8)

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 4:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Pass.

Anything you like, bae. Nb superhero.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 12:21 am

My neighbor Anita and her husband Phil started out as friends first before dating

On the other hand my other neighbor Glenn and Maureen created their relationship out of thin air (without starting out as friends) and they are older adults so there may be truth to these statistics!

My relationship was created the same way as Glenn and Maureen's

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 12:57 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Pass.

Anything you like, bae. Nb superhero.

Something fishy about those pictures. :scratch: