Seeing young women around is so painful...

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:44 pm

^ Shush!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:48 pm

You brought it up! ^

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
What's wrong with viewing your fellow humans as an experience to be checked off or an accessory to finally be seen with?

It is mandatory to state when you are sarcastic here on WP...
Or maybe that only applies to me. :scratch: :mrgreen:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:50 pm

Some places require legal disclaimers. ^

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:51 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Caz72 wrote:
i dont like when people say that everyone over a certain age are unattractive
im 50, and im beautiful even without makeup

I am over 50 and considered "beautiful" by my partner. 8O
I don't wear make-up either, btw. :mrgreen:

I am organising an eye examination for her next week.
A 2 for one prescription glasses deal, atm. 8)

Baby, through all my glasses including prescription ones you are still the same fluffy sexy thing. You can turn and show me your back side but it's not going to work, baby. :cat: They cannot know about your hunter and deer eyes, and certainly not about your bunny lips. :oops:

They do now!! ! D'oh! :wall:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
What's wrong with viewing your fellow humans as an experience to be checked off or an accessory to finally be seen with?

Good thing I'm being sardonic. :mrgreen:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

:lol:

I make sure that all my lovers don’t clash with my favorite purse. I hate that!

Where's mine?! Everyone else gets one and it's not fair to expect me to learn the level of social function required to participate. Someone should be forced to lower their standards until I count, although they need to meet my standards.

Yes! This!

The sense of entitlement in some of the posts in this thread is concerning.

Sadly it's not just this thread, it's pretty much every time the topic comes up.
True.

Quote:
It seems like when women end up in this boat they're prone to just internalizing being undesired; men seem to grow resentful over it - possibly because of how much being sexually active is associated with concepts of masculinity.

I know the people with this sense of entitlement are often offended by having it described as such, but it's fundamental to understanding a big part of the struggle.

You're likely to partner with people you click with, not the people you find most attractive. If you never click with anyone or ignore the people you click with because they're not what you envision, you're bound to struggle a lot more.

I’d rather partner with people I click with than with someone who’s stereotypically attractive.

I don’t really get all of this hyperfocusing on looks. It’s not like being attractive makes one better in bed.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
You brought it up! ^

I got nothing, so I'm just going to insult instead.

Your train of thought is a replacement bus service driven by an Essex stunner :P

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

:lol:

I make sure that all my lovers don’t clash with my favorite purse. I hate that!

Where's mine?! Everyone else gets one and it's not fair to expect me to learn the level of social function required to participate. Someone should be forced to lower their standards until I count, although they need to meet my standards.

Yes! This!

The sense of entitlement in some of the posts in this thread is concerning.

Sadly it's not just this thread, it's pretty much every time the topic comes up.

It seems like when women end up in this boat they're prone to just internalizing being undesired; men seem to grow resentful over it - possibly because of how much being sexually active is associated with concepts of masculinity.

You are known for your sexual exploits.
So I hear.
Just sayin'. ;)

Muse933277 wrote:
I know the people with this sense of entitlement are often offended by having it described as such, but it's fundamental to understanding a big part of the struggle.

But you can see how it looks, right?
You, having experienced more than 20 sexual partners based on what you have said publically, aren't really in a position to judge, I would have thought.
It would be like a millionaire telling poor ppl to "suck it up".

Muse933277 wrote:
You're likely to partner with people you click with, not the people you find most attractive. If you never click with anyone or ignore the people you click with because they're not what you envision, you're bound to struggle a lot more.

I agree with you here.
I have seen too many ppl who want a relationship being ultra selective and only interested in ppl above their physical league.
I am NOT saying the OP has the same attitude.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Good thing I'm being sardonic. :mrgreen:

"Sardonic"..."Ironic"..
Twomatoes...Tomaytoes...
Meh.
Double standards are double standards. 8)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:11 pm

^ Impressive use of ad hominem! Congrats.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
But you can see how it looks, right?
You, having experienced more than 20 sexual partners based on what you have said publically, aren't really in a position to judge, I would have thought.
It would be like a millionaire telling poor ppl to "suck it up".

Is it possible that I'm offering advice based on my own experiences? I've gone through periods being completely undesired and I've gone through periods where I did receive interest. One of the factors that contributed to receiving success was changing how I viewed potential partners.

Thankfully I figured some of this out in high school which almost certainly helped, statistically speaking.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:56 pm

TheUndiagnosed wrote:
I'm 42 ,never had a gf. it's so painful to see all these cute young girls around.
Went close to a university area this morning, and felt so bad and depressed... Today it was a particular warm day in my area, this is also the time of year when girls start dress less and less, both temperatures and hormones seem to go up..
Saw some young couples at the bus stop and it was horrific...
I feel like I have missed so much in my life... I have so many regrets... I've spent most of my youth as an outcast, had really few friends, didn't attend a single party until I was 27, have dated only once (and it went nowhere)
And it's not that I'm going to be young again,
Also I suspect I suffer of ADHD, because I just can't concentrate on anything...
This life seems to me extremely difficult in every aspect, not only in the dating field (which for me has always been a huge unresolved mistery)..
Little things I do cost me a huge amount of energy....
But it is the depression that literally takes away all my energy...
Realizing that I'm too old to ever considering dating a girl at a fertile age and that I'm too socially awkard to even be given a chance by some 40+ woman who probably I wouldn' find much attractive in the first place, is enough to make me lose all motivation ..
Even posting this message requires me to do a massive effort in concentration.. no wonders why I'm also unemployed

i feel reluctant to ask this, because i feel its none of my business, but i'm going to sadly assume the OP is a virgin, or if he has had casual sex, a hook up only, or paid sex.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 12:34 am

I'm guessing the OP is too frightened to show his face on his own thread.
What happened to WP being a safe space?

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 1:52 am

Deal with your other issues as best you can if you want to make yourself more attractive. If you're undiagnosed, get diagnosed. Medication can do a lot for ADHD .

There are many beautiful women over 40. Why not consider them?

Some younger women are attracted to or open to dating older men. My partner is considerably younger, and we're both very happy with our relationship--we've been together nearly 4 years.

But we wouldn't be together if we hadn't connected over shared passions. Try to meet women who share your interests, regardless of their age.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 2:19 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Some younger women are attracted to or open to dating older men. My partner is considerably younger, and we're both very happy with our relationship--we've been together nearly 4 years.

What's the age difference?