Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
Location: Iowa

08 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm

I couldn’t resist telling my fellow WP users. I met her at a Halloween party last week. I went up to her and started awkwardly making conversation. She was like “why are you asking me all this? Just say it”. So I told her how I felt. Her and I went out that night and things have gone alright since.

So, there it is…. Things are looking up for CBB for once!


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,269
Location: Chez Quis

08 Nov 2023, 8:19 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I couldn’t resist telling my fellow WP users. I met her at a Halloween party last week. I went up to her and started awkwardly making conversation. She was like “why are you asking me all this? Just say it”. So I told her how I felt. Her and I went out that night and things have gone alright since.

So, there it is…. Things are looking up for CBB for once!



:heart: :heart: :heart:


That's the way to do it!!

What do you like about her so far?


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
Location: Iowa

08 Nov 2023, 8:38 pm

She’s pretty, her and I are able to have conversations and we’re quite alike in some ways.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,587
Location: Hell

08 Nov 2023, 8:49 pm

That’s great news!


_________________
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. – Satan and TwilightPrincess


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,793
Location: United Kingdom

08 Nov 2023, 10:05 pm

Good luck with your new date, CBB.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 25,905
Location: Right over your left shoulder

08 Nov 2023, 10:31 pm

Congrats.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,037
Location: California, United States

09 Nov 2023, 5:55 pm

well your doing better than lots of other men on the spectrum, its not unusual and not unheard of for lots of autistic men to surpass their mid-20s or older, enter 30s and older and have never been with anyone, your more advanced socially. I have a feeling she's gonna be better than my ex was, even though she didn't feel like a true GF.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,202
Location: .

09 Nov 2023, 6:01 pm

Nice! :D


_________________
.


dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 6,659
Location: The Labyrinth of Leviathan

09 Nov 2023, 6:18 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I hope things continue to go well for you two :)


_________________
Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"


MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,328
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

10 Nov 2023, 1:50 pm

Assuming you're (still) in a relationship, you are going to have to develop some new habits.

You need to be sensitive to her feelings. Without being weird about it (more easily said than done) you must try to know how she feels about things that relate to her relationship with you. You may be inclined to assume she feels certain ways about things without actually knowing the truth. In particular you need to be careful to not hurt her feelings via an offhand remark. She may take things you say seriously that weren't meant seriously. She needs a certain degree of reassurance that you really like her. You may think she's the most adorable creature on Earth, but she probably doesn't see herself that way. And don't assume she always wants to do what you want to do. Make certain you know what she wants to do. And don't demand more of her attention than she can give. Conversely, make certain she gets your attention even if you feel overwhelmed. At times, you probably WILL feel overwhelmed.

I don't know how autistic you are, but you should go on the Internet and look for examples of women complaining about autistic boyfriends. Don't be one of those dudes.

Hope this helps!


_________________
My WP story


TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,587
Location: Hell

10 Nov 2023, 1:57 pm

He’s not expressed concern or asked for any advice.

Every woman is different. You can find people complaining about anything online.


_________________
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. – Satan and TwilightPrincess


MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,328
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

10 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
He’s not expressed concern or asked for any advice.

Every woman is different. You can find people complaining about anything online.

From experience I happen to know he needs the advice. But fine, tell him to ignore me if that's going to make his life better.


_________________
My WP story


CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
Location: Iowa

10 Nov 2023, 4:06 pm

MaxE wrote:
Assuming you're (still) in a relationship, you are going to have to develop some new habits.

You need to be sensitive to her feelings. Without being weird about it (more easily said than done) you must try to know how she feels about things that relate to her relationship with you. You may be inclined to assume she feels certain ways about things without actually knowing the truth. In particular you need to be careful to not hurt her feelings via an offhand remark. She may take things you say seriously that weren't meant seriously. She needs a certain degree of reassurance that you really like her. You may think she's the most adorable creature on Earth, but she probably doesn't see herself that way. And don't assume she always wants to do what you want to do. Make certain you know what she wants to do. And don't demand more of her attention than she can give. Conversely, make certain she gets your attention even if you feel overwhelmed. At times, you probably WILL feel overwhelmed.

I don't know how autistic you are, but you should go on the Internet and look for examples of women complaining about autistic boyfriends. Don't be one of those dudes.

Hope this helps!
I have in fact been doing that. I asked to touch her the first time I did, same with when I kissed her the first time. Last night after I had been spending several hours with her, I told her how I still like to have alone time. I wanted to see how bothered she would be if I abrubtly left. It didn't seem to bother her. At least on the surface, she seems very chill about how often her and I hang out together and when I decide to leave.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


Last edited by CubsBullsBears on 10 Nov 2023, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,328
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

10 Nov 2023, 4:10 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Assuming you're (still) in a relationship, you are going to have to develop some new habits.

You need to be sensitive to her feelings. Without being weird about it (more easily said than done) you must try to know how she feels about things that relate to her relationship with you. You may be inclined to assume she feels certain ways about things without actually knowing the truth. In particular you need to be careful to not hurt her feelings via an offhand remark. She may take things you say seriously that weren't meant seriously. She needs a certain degree of reassurance that you really like her. You may think she's the most adorable creature on Earth, but she probably doesn't see herself that way. And don't assume she always wants to do what you want to do. Make certain you know what she wants to do. And don't demand more of her attention than she can give. Conversely, make certain she gets your attention even if you feel overwhelmed. At times, you probably WILL feel overwhelmed.

I don't know how autistic you are, but you should go on the Internet and look for examples of women complaining about autistic boyfriends. Don't be one of those dudes.

Hope this helps!
I have in fact been doing that. I asked to touch her the first time I did, same with when I kissed her the first time. Last night after I had been spending several hours with her, I like to have alone time. I wanted to see how bothered she would be if I abrubtly left. It didn't seem to bother her. At least on the surface, she seems very chill about how often her and I hang out together.

Was your departure deliberately abrupt? I hope you at tried to find out how she felt about it. For her, that might have been upsetting.

EDIT she may have thought you were angry. Women often react to autistic male behavior as anger. I'd be careful.


_________________
My WP story


CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
Location: Iowa

10 Nov 2023, 4:30 pm

MaxE wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Assuming you're (still) in a relationship, you are going to have to develop some new habits.

You need to be sensitive to her feelings. Without being weird about it (more easily said than done) you must try to know how she feels about things that relate to her relationship with you. You may be inclined to assume she feels certain ways about things without actually knowing the truth. In particular you need to be careful to not hurt her feelings via an offhand remark. She may take things you say seriously that weren't meant seriously. She needs a certain degree of reassurance that you really like her. You may think she's the most adorable creature on Earth, but she probably doesn't see herself that way. And don't assume she always wants to do what you want to do. Make certain you know what she wants to do. And don't demand more of her attention than she can give. Conversely, make certain she gets your attention even if you feel overwhelmed. At times, you probably WILL feel overwhelmed.

I don't know how autistic you are, but you should go on the Internet and look for examples of women complaining about autistic boyfriends. Don't be one of those dudes.

Hope this helps!
I have in fact been doing that. I asked to touch her the first time I did, same with when I kissed her the first time. Last night after I had been spending several hours with her, I like to have alone time. I wanted to see how bothered she would be if I abrubtly left. It didn't seem to bother her. At least on the surface, she seems very chill about how often her and I hang out together.

Was your departure deliberately abrupt? I hope you at tried to find out how she felt about it. For her, that might have been upsetting.

EDIT she may have thought you were angry. Women often react to autistic male behavior as anger. I'd be careful.
I edited the previous comment to have it make more sense for you.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,328
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

10 Nov 2023, 5:24 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
MaxE wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
have in fact been doing that. I asked to touch her the first time I did, same with when I kissed her the first time. Last night after I had been spending several hours with her, I like to have alone time. I wanted to see how bothered she would be if I abrubtly left. It didn't seem to bother her. At least on the surface, she seems very chill about how often her and I hang out together.

Was your departure deliberately abrupt? I hope you at tried to find out how she felt about it. For her, that might have been upsetting.

EDIT she may have thought you were angry. Women often react to autistic male behavior as anger. I'd be careful.
I edited the previous comment to have it make more sense for you.

That does make more sense. Well I wish you luck!


_________________
My WP story