Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 11:54 pm

do you have any ex bor friends or girlfriends that have hurt you that you have trouble forgiving? When I mean trouble forgiving, I mean they have hurt you like several years ago and you still find yourself upset whenever you think about them?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 1:19 am

i have an ex-fiance who hit me. when i think of him, i'm always tempted to send a nasty letter.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 10:57 am

infilove wrote:
do you have any ex bor friends or girlfriends that have hurt you that you have trouble forgiving? When I mean trouble forgiving, I mean they have hurt you like several years ago and you still find yourself upset whenever you think about them?

Yes. I thought I had moved on and gotten over him but I found out what she (he then) did was abuse and I was not aware she made fun of me and involved her kid in it because I was so naive. It makes me so angry and I still feel angry how she treated me in our relationship and her going silent on me all of a sudden and the fact I lost some stuff but that is okay, it was replaceable and it was only 100 bucks I lost too and a small paycheck which was around $140 and it could have been worse. People have lost far more items than I have and only thing I got back from her was that piece Dish network wanted back from the satellite when I canceled their service. But it was very very stressful because I was being threatened by them with a big fine if they don't get it back and then I really really had a breakdown when they said they will send someone to get it from me if they don't have it in ten days so I told my then boyfriend on the phone about it and she blew up at me cursing and hung up and all I heard was the f**k and the screaming and line going dead so I don't know what she said. I would say that was the worst she ever did to me because of all the anxiety and how she kept it from me and I told her how important it was for me to have it back and why and she just kept insisting it was just a threat and not real. Then I had a breakdown about it because I was scared and didn't know what was going to happen like if I will go to jail and she finally gave it back to me so I don't know if it was a coincidence or if she saw my post on here about it but she justified it by saying if she didn't take down the satellite and bring it with her, it would have been thrown away by the manager and I still would have been having that problem. I still haven't forgiven her for it and that was the last straw in our relationship and I wanted to break up with her. I sometimes think the reason why she went silent on me was because she knew I wanted to break up but I think going silent is worse than doing a break up because then your partner feels trapped in the relationship because they can't get hold of you and they can't move on without worrying about cheating on you so a break up is better so you both can move on. She did a lot of BS in our relationship and this was the worst so no I will never be her friend or even talk to her and I don't care if she has truly changed or not and if she is a different person now. Also the fact we haven't spoken in seven years anyway so I think she wouldn't want to talk to me anyway despite saying how lonely she is on Facebook. I will still get triggers or flashbacks when anything reminds me about her such as thought or behavior or opinion so my responses may be harsh because I will not take that BS from anyone and I sure don't want other people going through it either so I will tell them to dump the SOB and move on or if someone is silent on them, move on. Someone wants them to dump their friends or not want to talk to someone online, the person is controlling leave them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 11:02 am

No; I always get my revenge if a boyfriend does something mean or assinine. Revenge makes me feel better.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 12:19 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
No; I always get my revenge if a boyfriend does something mean or assinine. Revenge makes me feel better.

At least my ex is having her karma. I would say that is better than revenge. :D

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 1:19 pm

No, those that I left with anger simply are out of my mind so I newer think about them in any way. They are "non-existent" people to me.

It's those that I lost contact with (like the girl in college over 30 years ago) that I still think about at times and even obsess about. But those are happy memories, so I don't mind.

fragmentaerie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2015, 7:00 pm

I pretend they don't exist for the most part, but they're not forgiven. I don't waste my energy thinking about them, but on the few occasions I've run into one of them, they get the message very clearly.
I still log in to my last ex's online schedule to make sure he isn't there, if I have to go to that store.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2015, 10:05 pm

No

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2015, 1:05 am

I'm not a forgiving person. Some people say it's not healthy to carry resentment or anger and that you will if you don't learn to forgive, but I don't carry anything with me. I just forget about them and they become insignificant. Applies to any kind of broken relationship for me-- old friends, certain family members I've fallen out with, etc.

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2015, 1:30 am

My ex (been in only 1 relationship) was more of a disappointment to me than anything else. I was setting myself up for failure for a while and ended up being the one who dumped her, so I have no reason to hold anything against her. I went into the relationship thinking we had a lot in common because she enjoyed listening to me babble on and took a lot of interest in our conversations, she learned a lot from me. However, when I really got to know her I learned that she's all talk - I would always want to take her to the beach, forest parks, etc and she always found an excuse not to. Yet, when I would take her out for some drinks, she certainly didn't want to miss that and it was glaringly noticeable how happy it made her. All she wanted to do is get drunk and stoned. I got really tired of that, and it was the death of our relationship.

I thought that our faults would be balanced out by living together - me being moody and not good with people yet hard-working and well off, and her being very social and good with everyone (she's truly gifted when it comes to people, and she's no doubt very good-hearted) but at the same time very dysfunctional and unable to get by in day-to-day adult life. The opposite happened, her faults became unbearable to me, I could not get past the lack of individuality on her part. When I knew it was coming to an end I started to yell at her and throw fits almost everyday, and then I kicked her out of my house, so I have way more to apologize about than she does. I felt terrible for weeks after the whole thing. We are not really talking any more and I don't see any point in being friends with her but last time I saw her she seemed happy, which I'm happy about too, I wish her all the best. I also learned so many invaluable lessons to keep mind for the next girl who comes into my life.