Is it just me, or are men more prone to

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 7:10 am

Be p***** off about remaining friends with someone they're emotionally attached to but can't have?
I for one have been tempted many times to delete that Heather girl from my life... but girls seem to often be on about remaining friends and that... as a guy it sometimes makes me cringe... and it seems a great irony that an egotistical proud mad man :lol: feels imprisoned.

I have to break free I feel.
Odd stuff though due to how she actually likes me... now if she told me that then I'd think she's playing games, but due to the fact that it wasn't me she told actually a close friend of mine and hers then I'm discombobulated and frustrated beyond measure.

But it still often makes me cringe that I have to be friends with people who hurt me...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 7:39 am

That's the story of my life.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ioini
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2007, 7:52 am

Yeah, it's pretty hard. This girl in my life is definitely not ready to have a relationship but she wants to remain friends for now, hardest thing that I have to accomplish.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 7:54 am

Everybody I am attracted to is either not wanting a relationship or already in one.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ioini
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2007, 8:03 am

Yeah, I talked to this woman that came to my class. Talked to her for a bit ended up she already had a boyfriend, I felt like I got kicked in the nuts.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:04 am

Rough stuff. I wouldn't mind too much if she didn't have a boyfriend but simply said she doesn't want one... instead of "You're too late a guy did it before you did" I wish the world wasn't so based around guys always making every single goddamn move. :roll: lol
Not to offend any girls here. :P

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:49 am

samtoo wrote:
Be p***** off about remaining friends with someone they're emotionally attached to but can't have?
I for one have been tempted many times to delete that Heather girl from my life... but girls seem to often be on about remaining friends and that... as a guy it sometimes makes me cringe... and it seems a great irony that an egotistical proud mad man :lol: feels imprisoned.

Odd stuff though due to how she actually likes me... now if she told me that then I'd think she's playing games, but due to the fact that it wasn't me she told actually a close friend of mine and hers then I'm discombobulated and frustrated beyond measure.

But it still often makes me cringe that I have to be friends with people who hurt me...

I know so well how you're feeling, and it means a lot to me to see someone in a similar situation. It's hard, because it doesn't make sense. I wish I understood better than you. In my case, I want to be around her even if it is only as a friend, but I know how she feels and I know how I feel, and it kills me. She never gave me a reason why we couldn't be together.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:50 am

samtoo wrote:
Rough stuff. I wouldn't mind too much if she didn't have a boyfriend but simply said she doesn't want one... instead of "You're too late a guy did it before you did" I wish the world wasn't so based around guys always making every single goddamn move. :roll: lol

Ahh, that's a little different.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:53 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
samtoo wrote:

Ahh, that's a little different.

:(
But my sympathies anyway.

liberty
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Nov 2007, 9:03 am

samtoo wrote:
I wish the world wasn't so based around guys always making every single goddamn move. :roll: lol

Sorry. When we make a move, guys run. So, we wait on you...forever, it seems. :roll:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 9:56 am

Ioini wrote:
Yeah, I talked to this woman that came to my class. Talked to her for a bit ended up she already had a boyfriend, I felt like I got kicked in the nuts.

wow, dude, I would wear a cup!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 10:13 am

I remember that problem quite well. She's interested enough to have you as a friend. You're interested in her romantically. She has a BF, but you're so easy to talk to, and hang out with. She starts telling you things that drive you up the wall, "my BF is so difficult to communicate with, but you're so nice." The word 'nice' keeps coming up. You want to learn how to be a real bastard so she'll fall in love with YOU instead. It's a relationship that's going nowhere ....

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2007, 10:24 am

liberty wrote:
samtoo wrote:
I wish the world wasn't so based around guys always making every single goddamn move. :roll: lol

Sorry. When we make a move, guys run. So, we wait on you...forever, it seems. :roll:

I second that.

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2007, 10:29 am

samtoo wrote:

Sam - she told your friend because she assumed he would tell you. It's a girl's way of getting you info without feeling she's being too forward. Forget what I said earlier, go talk to her and tell her you want to date her and that you want her to ditch the guy she obviously doesn't really want to be with. It's that, drive yourself crazy trying to be friends with her, or walk away.

These relationship games are evil. It would be so much easier if people were direct about what they want.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 10:48 am

liberty wrote:
samtoo wrote:

Despite all these articles in Cosmo and so forth saying women should make the first move, it still isn't necessarily appreciated. Any wonder relationships are confusing for both sexes?

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 11:01 am

Spot17 wrote:
Sam - she told your friend because she assumed he would tell you. It's a girl's way of getting you info without feeling she's being too forward. Forget what I said earlier, go talk to her and tell her you want to date her and that you want her to ditch the guy she obviously doesn't really want to be with. It's that, drive yourself crazy trying to be friends with her, or walk away.

These relationship games are evil. It would be so much easier if people were direct about what they want.

I'm certainly capable of deleting people from my life... in due time I may tell her this stuff... and then maybe shortly after I'll delete her... don't know quite yet.
I can be ruthless... it's not a natural side to me but I sure as hell can be. Unfortunately after doing something ruthless I have a guilty conscience.

hmm... come to think of it do you reckon because I did delete her before that she told that dude that stuff just so I re add her and nothing else?
If this is deceit then that's very strange...