I'm a girl, and most/all of these are news to me. 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 77

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:42 pm

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/65560/8-surprising-turn-ons-for-men

Quote:
Ask a group of guys what turns them on about a woman, and you'll sometimes get the predictable answers: full lips, full bosom, full booty.

These are a few quick-and-dirty biological imperatives that will turn many a man's head. But a lot of women fulfill those requirements already. So what makes certain women boy magnets, and leaves others spending Saturday nights watching Saturday Night Live skits?

As always, men are more complicated than a lot of people give them credit for, and when it comes to turn-ons, the masculine gender has plenty of surprises up their metaphorical sleeve. Here, some of the ways to effectively rev the masculine engine:

1. Standing Tall

Don't get me wrong: it's not that we want a woman who can balance a beer tray on her head. It's what good posture says about her. A woman who stands tall typically a) dresses well, b) exercises often, and c) is confident about her body and what it's good for. And if she's proud of her figure no matter what shape or size, that makes men take notice, as well.

2. True Grit

Men know that women cry. Men know that women can get hurt. Men want to be there to help whenever they do. But there's something insanely attractive about women who can bite their lips, buck up, and grit out some of life's twists, turns, sprains, and pains.

Note: Before you throw e-daggers my way, I'm not suggesting that it's not OK to cry or that women shouldn't seek proper attention when they're in pain, either physically or emotionally. (Nor am I saying that lots of men don't need to heed this advice as well.) I'm simply saying we're often drawn to partners who can walk off life's minor insults.

3. Baseball Caps

When we were growing up, we used them to show our team allegiances. In college, we used them to hide bed head. Past the age of 30, we mainly wear them to cover our bald spots. But no matter what team we root for, we like a baseball cap the most when it's worn by a woman. The look sends all kinds of messages about the kind of woman she is: sporty, strong, comfortable kicking back, Sox fan. (All the better if it's a Cubs hat - she's an optimist with a great sense of humor.)

4. Software Savvy

Maybe it's a giant sexual metaphor, but women like men who know hardware, and men like women who know software. Show a guy a woman who knows her way around systems, networks, and connections, and he'll be dazzled by her smarts - and appreciate her talents.

There's something sexy about a woman who can click a few buttons and get something working exactly the way she wants it to. (That is, as long as the buttons she pushes aren't his.)

5. Sexy Shampoo

Men typically are stereotyped as needing visual cues to feel attraction. While it's true that men need their share of eye candy, they also are mightily turned on by the olfactory sweets, as well. Perfume and body lotion are nice and all, but the smell of her freshly washed hair that's nestled up under the chin on a Sunday morning is a reminder of all that's good about relationships.

6. Understated Underwear

Slinky and small lingerie works for anniversaries, birthday surprises, honeymoons, and other seduce-me moments. But the look that makes men feel both comfortable and excited is when she's wearing boxers (waistband rolled) and a thin-as-can-be T-shirt that's neither too tight nor too big. Call it supreme sexiness in the understated. The same effect can be achieved by wearing his old dress shirt and a pair of panties.

7. Dirt and Sweat

Of course, men like to see their women dolled up for a night out. But many men appreciate the exact opposite: The woman who hikes, bikes, mows the lawn, hacks trees and branches, and otherwise pulls her weight. Seeing the dirt, mud, sweat, and occasional road rash is something that stokes our primal side.

8. A Few "Duh" Moments

Men like smart women (see "software savvy," above). But there's a small part of a man's brain that wants her to have an occasional dollop of ditziness. Why? Because if she can show that she may not know everything, it reinforces something deep inside a man that he's needed, that he's trusted, that he can be there to help.

And it says that when we screw up on occasion (and we will, oh yes, we will), she'll understand. Hypercompetence is something we just can't compete with. And ultimately, this game isn't about competition, it's about crossing the finish line together.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:45 pm

Personally, I'm a fan of 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8.

Last edited by Ragtime on 10 Oct 2007, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:47 pm

all stupid :roll:

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:47 pm

I think point 2 explains why female bassists are so sexy.
D'Arcy Wretzky and Kim Deal, if I must prove my point

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 1:52 pm

For me, 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and maybe 5 are true.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 2:19 pm

Basshead wrote:
I think point 2 explains why female bassists are so sexy.
D'Arcy Wretzky and Kim Deal, if I must prove my point

I agree that female bass players can be sexy, but what does 2 have to do with playing bass? Who said it's impossible to cry and play bass at the same time?

I think that no more than half of these apply to the kind of guys I hang out with. I mean, I'm a rocker and I hang out with rocker guys who like rocker girls, not girls who wear baseball caps and use pungent shampoo.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 2:23 pm

Personally, I think the list is too narrow, and is directed toward yuppie types. Baseball caps make girls look a little cuter in my opinion, but I wouldn't date a girl because she was wearing one. Same goes for all the other criteria he listed.

Last edited by Ragtime on 10 Oct 2007, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 2:23 pm

the bass is a rather masculine instrument.
Thick strings that require strength and so on

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 2:34 pm

5, 6, and 8 are the only ones that apply to me. 2 and 4, I can pretty much take or leave. The others are turn-offs if anything. I don't want a girl who's too rough around the edges, mostly because I'm not that manly myself.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 2:58 pm

i think men are most attracted to my #8 aspect.

i just walked into a pane-glass window in front of everyone at the lab today (cause the glass door was right beside it and i missed--lol)................. im sure ill be hearing about it for at least a week (enough time to run into everyone a couple times after the incident)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 3:07 pm

ouch :(
thats not funny :x

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:04 pm

it wasnt that bad... i had my back to it cause i was reading something and as i turned around to go out the door... i shoulda turned left but pivoted right instead and hit the window instead of pushing the door open... full compression, but not much force... woulda been funny if someone had had a camera on the other side of the glass

lol

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

edal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:05 pm

1 Not at all, I prefer smaller women. There's a blonde woman who works at our health club who's well below average height but amazingly cute.

2. Not really.

3. Never

4. Well, my girlfriend does software support so that would be a yes.

5. Nothing better than a woman who smells good.

6. A good looking woman will look good in anything, so no.

7. Maybe.

8. Maybe.

Ed Almos

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:16 pm

Really? Seriously? I've never heard that *anywhere*, I wear them to hide bad hair. I take one to the gym with me to put on and hide my "workout hair" after. And it was funny, because I was incredibly confused when I was walking home from the gym in a baseball cap with a ponytail, and workout clothes, carrying a water bottle and a guy started flirting with me. Do some guys really find this look attractive?

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:22 pm

6, 3 and 7 are BS in my hones opinion. :P

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:24 pm

It is funny that people take lifestyle journalists to be 'expert' advice. You do realise they make it up?

Sure of course some of those criteria fit. Not really profound. It is a massive generalisation to say that all men prefer this. There is a contingent of men that like nothing more than a woman who is stupid and on all fours as well as every other possibility. This includes the Men's Health/David Zinczenko readership. :lol: