Any girl in the UK wanna start dating? erm maybe not then...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2007, 8:16 pm

Getting to mid 20s and still haven't had a serious relationship. Im starting wonder if will ever get married and have kids (which I want really badly). I used to think, I got plenty of time to do that.

But now I feel like im desperate to get my life moving. Oh how do I meet new people?

HELP!

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2007, 9:51 pm

Hey I know you probably wanna girl to reply. But I think a good idea is always think what your hobby's are, try and join clubs invilving them. When you are desperate to find someone it nevere happens. It only happens when your enjoying what you're doing, and it happens out the blue.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Dec 2007, 4:22 pm

Jonny wrote:
Getting to mid 20s and still haven't had a serious relationship. Im starting wonder if will ever get married and have kids (which I want really badly). I used to think, I got plenty of time to do that.

But now I feel like im desperate to get my life moving. Oh how do I meet new people?

HELP!

You sir are exactly in the same position as I am, I want to start a family now that I see I can be a decent provier, not rich, but just doing OK.

I am 25 and this year marks the first time in my life I feel that perhapse I am aging and need to start getting serious about relationships so I can make my ultimate dream of a family come true (well that or adopt if I fail in relationships, many children need loving parent(s) and a good home, good childhood as I was fortunate enough to have)

I am definatly going to keep coming back to this thread to read what others write.

I know their is someone out their for us.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2007, 9:37 am

Yeah, I know how you feel. I never really thought about it before now but there isn't really a huge window for me to meet new people. Its not like uni where you get to meet loads of cool people. After graduation i kinda forgot about it and as i said had the 'oh i got plenty of time' attitude. It suddenly hit me now.

I've been getting on MSN a lot lately to catch up with old friends hoping to widen my circle. A girl I was interested in now has a bf, I was too afraid to tell her before, now im kciking myself. But then i was never going to be good with long distance relationships.

I think its true as you say there ist someone for all of us. But we still gotta go out and look for them! Being an aspie is a huge obstacle....

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2007, 3:14 pm

Jonny wrote:
Yeah, I know how you feel. I never really thought about it before now but there isn't really a huge window for me to meet new people. Its not like uni where you get to meet loads of cool people. After graduation i kinda forgot about it and as i said had the 'oh i got plenty of time' attitude. It suddenly hit me now.

I've been getting on MSN a lot lately to catch up with old friends hoping to widen my circle. A girl I was interested in now has a bf, I was too afraid to tell her before, now im kciking myself. But then i was never going to be good with long distance relationships.

I think its true as you say there ist someone for all of us. But we still gotta go out and look for them! Being an aspie is a huge obstacle....

Ya, I used to never be interested, and in school and in bars and stuff I would typically meet decent women who I now realize they liked me and wanted to talk to me, instead cause I was shy and did not know what i was doing I non-verbally conveyed to them I was not interested, they left, I never got another chance and now I too am kicking myself.

Definatly, I think the both of us are smart to realize at our age that time is limited and we may have a problem and to try and solve it. I dont see this alot in most people my age, we may be wise beyond out years even and I hope this will assist us cause indeed we do have some short commings that make it hard, but not impossible.

Good luck and have a Merry Christmas.