I'm so limerent... with two girls

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tentativetitle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2007, 6:26 pm

the title says it, but it's hard to live with. Somebody help me.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 6:29 pm

Ehhhhhh...

We're gonna need more information than that.

-SpaceCase

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

16 Dec 2007, 6:31 pm

Wait and see which one makes you mad first.

tentativetitle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2007, 6:34 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Ehhhhhh...

We're gonna need more information than that.

-SpaceCase

i've like them both for a very long time and each day gets worse and worse, yet better at the same time.

I need help expressing my feelings without scaring them

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 6:38 pm

"did you ever have to make up your mind...pick up on one, and let the other one ride - Rascals?..;)

yep, a little background, please. One thing...you need to figure out what the relationship is between you and each. If one finds out about the other....ouch.

tentativetitle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2007, 6:42 pm

pakled wrote:
"did you ever have to make up your mind...pick up on one, and let the other one ride - Rascals?..;)

yep, a little background, please. One thing...you need to figure out what the relationship is between you and each. If one finds out about the other....ouch.

umm... they're like best friends and one is my best friend's sister and the other lives right by me

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 7:08 pm

Hahah, that's ironic. The one time I had limerence for two girls, THEY were best friends.

Look, do either of them feel the same way about you?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

16 Dec 2007, 7:09 pm

I would suppose that you need to wait and get a better understanding of your own feelings before doing something drastic about them. If one of them likes you back, then romance should build pretty naturally. You don't need to make any outright confession of feelings in most circumstances.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 8:38 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Wait and see which one makes you mad first.

That'll be the one for you.

- Emerson

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 8:39 pm

Find out if they're into a freaky three-way :P

I actually did that once to these two women that were hitting on me once... but I stood them up (with every intention to) because they were merely trying to use my knowledge in biology class, not because they were genuinely interested in me...

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 2:57 pm

well once I had two girls that were bestfriends that liked me, and each other, that was a fun night

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 6:19 pm

Sorry about the little joke there... threesomes with two women is just one of my particular fantasies...

After all...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 6:37 pm

pakled wrote:

You know, that seems to be all that my roommate does - he never seems to be juggling less than two for the fact that he's got about as much self-control in that regard as Bill Clinton. I think the one thing he does that smooths things over is he lets the girls know that he's seeing other women right off the top - so its not like they don't already know what they're getting into.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 6:39 pm

tentativetitle wrote:
umm... they're like best friends and one is my best friend's sister and the other lives right by me

Both of those are pretty damn close - ouch. I guess if you can stomach that your ok. If your going to choose between the two, I'd say try and pick the one out of the two where either you could learn more from her, she has a more level head on her shoulders (if that's there), and of course pay attention to how you feel.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 9:38 pm

Reference.COM:

Limerence
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Limerence, as posited by psychologist Dorothy Tennov, is an attempt at a scientific study into the nature of romantic love. The meaning of the word, which was coined by Tennov in 1977, is an involuntary cognitive and emotional state in which a person feels an intense romantic desire for another person, the limerent object.

Okay.... beginning to make sense now. Congrats on having a good vocabulary!

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2007, 11:56 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Reference.COM:

Limerence
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Limerence, as posited by psychologist Dorothy Tennov, is an attempt at a scientific study into the nature of romantic love. The meaning of the word, which was coined by Tennov in 1977, is an involuntary cognitive and emotional state in which a person feels an intense romantic desire for another person, the limerent object.

Thanks. I was starting to think I was the only one who didn't know what limerent meant.