Is this the correct location?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2007, 5:38 pm

So many boards, so many choices. Damn choices! *shakes fist at the choices god* Ok...done with the comical interlude... on too the quandry.

If this is the wrong board then please accept my apologies and call me all sorts of names. I promise to be offended and prattle on endlessly in a good natured attempt to figure out what they all mean. :)

A large percentage of us (aspies) fall into two categories.... those who are alone and feel that this is ok and are comfortable with it and those who are alone and not ok with this. (of course there are the lucky ones who are no longer alone, I'm sooo jealous, if I could be jealous that is, ok I'll just be happy for you. How's that?)

I used to fall into the first but as I've gotten older have fallen into the second one where I'm alone and not okay with it. I have friends, finally friends who do accept all the things that I bring to equation both good and bad. But, I lack that special person to share things with. I see my friends pair up, get married, etc....

So recently a couple of them make the statement: "You know, you should really see if you can find a group or something and meet another apsie as you're just too hard and particular to be setup." Well ok, perhaps I'm a bit hard as certain things annoy the hell out of me. I'd rather gouge out my eyes than spend time coping with some of them.

So this brings up two things.

1) Is the friend's statement as soul crushing as it appears to me or am I taking it all wrong?

and

2) How would one go about finding the aforementioned group and/or lady?

Danka

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 5:45 pm

Regarding your friends statement, it sounds like they mean that you are quite picky and that they're not confident of finding someone you would like? I'm sure they don't mean anything negative about you if thats what you're worried about.

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2007, 5:50 pm

I think your friend's comment is pretty insensitive. Maybe they didn't mean it that way.

I think their suggestion is good, though: it might be good to meet other people with AS, and maybe they would understand you better.

I've been to two groups of AS people. One was full of men (I was the only woman) and most of them stared at me or (literally) grunted at me.

In the other group, I met a woman with AS, and we tried to be friends but it didn't work out--in the 3rd meeting.

But... I still think there may be some people with AS who I get along with in person.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2007, 5:52 pm

That was certainly part of the ramble.

Thanks. :) I really want to believe that is the case. So I shall and wander about blissfully in my own little world.

-----

Hijacks his own thread... how often has that been said to you? That you live in your own little world (or variants thereof). If I had a penny for each time, I'd be able to retire and live like a king.

MisterHeron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2007, 1:26 am

You should certainly give dating another go. Just pay attention to anyone that may like you, and try not to be too particular, although don't just take anyone that goes your way.