Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:18 am

Saw it on youtube. Unbelievable!
What do you think of the book? etc

Space
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 2:26 am

No, but I did download "the mystery method." I'm sure most of this stuff does work, of course it all depends on the person, but you need to take what you read with a grain of salt. The "mystery method" says you need to go out "sarging" (starting conversations/practicing on women in the bar) at least 3 times a week, 4 hours at a time. So you can eventually get good enough to start picking up women for 1 night stands etc... Still some things will definitely help you in these materials, the problem is that they assume a basic level of experience and competence with women, and people in general. Also they assume you have basic things in order, IE: job/money, lifestyle, you don't live with your parents, you don't have aspergers syndrome, etc I don't think that just because we have AS that we can't get any of this stuff to work, but I think it is obviously harder. I have tried to look at this stuff and gain some basic pointers to help me talk to women/people, I wouldn't treat them as scientific texts on picking up women. However, if anyone here has success using these methods and wants to talk about them, I would love to hear it :)

Brainsforbreakfast
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2008, 9:13 am

Yes, I've seen and read D'Angelo's and Mysteries vids and books.
Lets just say that for someone with Asperger, or most people in general, you can't just pick up out of the box and get succsesfull with it.

That, and I don't realy like the idea of randomly picking girls up based solelyon their looks for one night stands and build a 'harem'.

What it does offer, however, is a lot of pointers and insights in how NT dating mechanics seem to work. In that sense, it offered me important information that other 'dating' books just miss.

ThePhantomN
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2008, 2:23 pm

Space wrote:
No, but I did download "the mystery method." I'm sure most of this stuff does work, of course it all depends on the person, but you need to take what you read with a grain of salt. The "mystery method" says you need to go out "sarging" (starting conversations/practicing on women in the bar) at least 3 times a week, 4 hours at a time. So you can eventually get good enough to start picking up women for 1 night stands etc... Still some things will definitely help you in these materials, the problem is that they assume a basic level of experience and competence with women, and people in general. Also they assume you have basic things in order, IE: job/money, lifestyle, you don't live with your parents, you don't have aspergers syndrome, etc I don't think that just because we have AS that we can't get any of this stuff to work, but I think it is obviously harder. I have tried to look at this stuff and gain some basic pointers to help me talk to women/people, I wouldn't treat them as scientific texts on picking up women. However, if anyone here has success using these methods and wants to talk about them, I would love to hear it :)

Actually, Mystery and DD are practically made for people with AS. And Mystery's advice on sarging 4 hours a night, three nights a week is good advice. You need lots of practice so that you can experiment. Really, no dating guide or pick-up guru can help you if you don't go out and practice. Now while its true that you should have your life in order to be a pickup artist, you can still go out and practice openers and pretty much everything up to the C3 stage even if you don't have a house of your own.