Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 12:25 am

Bah! I dont even observe valentines day if Im single. :wink:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:10 am

I already have a thread up... I guess we can officially commemerate the valentines day-bashing season to be open...

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2008, 3:37 am

It's always been hard on me since it's forced me to believe in astrology. Valentines day is exactly opposite my birthday, and bad things like spontaneous nosebleeds tend to happen to me.

The only consolation is that an August birthday means my day doesn't have to compete with ANY BS holidays. Of course it also always meant that summer vacation was essentially over.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2008, 4:43 am

I feel I should get used to the idea that I may never be married, have a family and find true love, that saddens me, but that may be the cards that were dealt to me anyways. Gotta play um I guess.

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2008, 4:49 am

What's wrong with being single. Ask any married man that's married to a nagging wife, got three kids got to work over 40 hours a week to support, and has to ask for permission to watch sports or do something he likes from the Misses, and I bet you they wish they were single.

I think lot you guys have a very overly-romantic view on relationships, marriage, and even love.

Be happy with your freedom, having your own identiy, your space. Relationships, even for non Aspies, are a LOT of work. Eventually what it boils down to in long run is, IS THE EFFORT, HASSLE, AND WORK worth WHAT YOU GET BACK FROM RELATIONSHIP. In most divorces, the answer is a no.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2008, 5:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:
What's wrong with being single. Ask any married man that's married to a nagging wife, got three kids got to work over 40 hours a week to support, and has to ask for permission to watch sports or do something he likes from the Misses, and I bet you they wish they were single.

I think lot you guys have a very overly-romantic view on relationships, marriage, and even love.

Be happy with your freedom, having your own identiy, your space. Relationships, even for non Aspies, are a LOT of work. Eventually what it boils down to in long run is, IS THE EFFORT, HASSLE, AND WORK worth WHAT YOU GET BACK FROM RELATIONSHIP. In most divorces, the answer is a no.

I just want someone to shair my life with and have a few kids with, I have no problem giving up my freedom and working all the time if it means providing for my family and letting them live well.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 7:54 am

I don't think Valentine's Day is very romantic. But that's just me.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 9:25 am

from what i can gather, most NTs hate valentines day too. it is pretty much universally hated, apart from by businesses that produce chocolate, jewellary, perfumes etc, and restaurant owners.

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 9:29 am

I don't really mind the Valentine's Day season, but that is only because my birthday is 4 days before valentines day. :D

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 10:07 am

I mostly didn't notice it.

Once in school everyone was exchanging cards except me and I didn't really know what it was about. People would give several cards to different people. I thought I might as well try, so I picked a girl at random who happened to be called Lori. I made her a card, it said 'Happy Valentine Lori' and drew a lorry (truck) underneath. She said thanks.

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2008, 11:47 am

Riddick124 wrote:
I don't really mind the Valentine's Day season, but that is only because my birthday is 4 days before valentines day. :D

well then, happy birthday!

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 5:56 pm

its just a corparate shill to get money from couples.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 6:19 pm

I don't like V-Day because

1. I'm single

2. It's a bunch of capitalist BS :P