Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:12 pm

That's right, I said it.

Most girls don't like an as*hole. I was at a rock show downtown with some friends, and I was my usuall kind-hearted, goofy, quirky, wierd, self, and I ended up getting sought after by this really awesome girl.

This past weekend, I finally had some success. I can't believe I didn't totally f**k up!

I met this girl, she made it obvious she liked me (I'm too lazy to go into details) got a number, but I'm not sure when to call her. She pushed her number onto me. I didn't ask.

She texted me when I got home (around 2:15AM) saying she had a great time, and asking if I wanted to see her again...lol...which is kinda funny, because I already asked her if she wanted to go out sometime, and she said yes.

I said "sure, why not?", and I told her I had a great time as well, then I ended it, because I wanted to go to sleep.

I met her friday, and monday. When should I call her?
Should I call her just to talk?

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:34 pm

http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

BTW jkrane, the reason why it worked has Less to do with you being nice to her and MORE to do with her being attracted to you. To spell it out for you folks: Being nice to someone is NOT going to make them attracted to you!
But it isnt just with men, suppose there was a girl who was totally beautiful and sexy but extrememly cruel and sociopathic. Do you think men would want her any Less??? I have no doubt some of you will say you'd never fancy such a woman but even so I dont believe you for a moment :D .

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:42 pm

Wow you changed your tune. :D

Actually it does have to do with being yourself I'm sure. I think that is what D1nk0 was on about. I think it is a bad idea to try to be mean, just as it is a bad idea to try to be nice.

Who actually knows they are a nice person, seriously? I mean if you think you are a nice person, and you want to be seen as nice all the time doesn't that make you self absorbed. No wonder that is not attractive.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 11 Feb 2008, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:43 pm

Just because you were lucky enough to meet a girl who appreciates a nice guy doesn't make it a global rule.

Weeks ago you were nagging like a whore that girls didn't like you because you are nice and yelling that most girls don't like nice girls , and you wanted to pretend the jerk ...just to remind you.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Feb 2008, 4:45 pm

wait at least a day to call her. talk to her for a while and then just casually bring up the invitation to another date.

LePetitPrince wrote:
Just because you were lucky enough to meet a girl who appreciates a nice guy doesn't make it a global rule.

everything's relative to one's own experiences.

Last edited by alex on 11 Feb 2008, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:46 pm

Quote:
Actually it does have to do with being yourself. I think that is what D1nk0. I think it is a bad idea to try to be mean, just as it is a bad idea to try to be nice.

Who actually knows they are a nice person, seriously? I mean if you think you are a nice person, I you want to be seen as nice all the time doesn't that make you self absorbed. No wonder that is not attractive.

EXACTLY!

There are a lot of factors that go into what makes someone attracted to another particular person, HOWEVER-you cannot convince someone who's Not attracted to you to change the way they feel just by being nice to them.Bey yourself, if they dont happen to feel the same way about you then just accept friendship or MOVE ON.

Last edited by D1nk0 on 11 Feb 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:46 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Weeks ago you were nagging like a whore that girls didn't like you because you are nice and yelling that most girls don't like nice girls , and you wanted to pretend the jerk ...just to remind you.

That just it to think in those flip flop states is simplistic.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:51 pm

Girls like as*holes because as*holes are outgoing people with a high self-esteem.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:53 pm

Girls don't like as*holes , fools.
Girls like MASCULINE guys.

Most as*holes are masculine ...that's the secret.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 4:53 pm

I like something 0_equals_true said - how do men who identify as Nice know they are Nice? Isn't that sort of big-headed?

That livejournal link described a lot of what I think. I like men who are actually nice, but men who identify themselves as Nice rarely are.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 5:00 pm

Do you really want my advice? Take a look at my Name and Avatar... OK then.

I say chase her like you are chasing a squirrel. In other words, do it for fun.
Call and go out as often as it makes you happy. Be yourself for her, so it stays real.
If you feel like you are putting too much pressure on her, may be you are, or maybe you should ask her.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 5:03 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Girls don't like as*holes , fools.
Girls like MASCULINE guys.

Most as*holes are masculine ...that's the secret.

I've owned a lot of as*holes in various strength activities at the local gym, but still they're far more popular amoung the girls. Most of the as*holes my age are in fact slightly feminine guys who wear the latest fashion clothes and drive brand new BMWs which they got from daddy's Visa card...

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

hog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2008, 6:31 pm

>>Girls don't like as*holes , fools.

nothing's universal, but of course they do

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 6:35 pm

meh I don't care what girls like anymore
I refuse to bend back over head for someone I probably won't do anything with :roll:

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2008, 6:45 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
I like something 0_equals_true said - how do men who identify as Nice know they are Nice? Isn't that sort of big-headed?

That livejournal link described a lot of what I think. I like men who are actually nice, but men who identify themselves as Nice rarely are.

They'll consider themselves 'nice guys' because that's what people keep telling them. That's totally different to people who just say it because they think it is what people want to hear.

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 11:18 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
Fer sure! Those who identify as nice because of the usual reasons wrt this thread may or may not be nice, but they almost certainly feel they are entitled to something, which is commonly deemed obnoxious.