Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2008, 9:44 pm

I'm certain there is at least one other person here that was desperate to fall in love with anybody. Whoever was desperate in love, can add its input here.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 10:02 pm

I entered a relationship when I was desperate, and it was a disaster.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Caravaggio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2008, 10:21 pm

I'm not so much desperate as willing to accept any positive actions from women, so long as I find them worth being around.

No way I'd just go out and date whatever walks on two legs...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 10:26 pm

Caravaggio wrote:
I'm not so much desperate as willing to accept any positive actions from women, so long as I find them worth being around.

No way I'd just go out and date whatever walks on two legs...

Same here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 10:46 pm

I don't do it because makes me you strange to people but I'm not willing to take a chance with despair and desperate.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 10:57 pm

Mine's about the same as Tim's. Got into one and I failed to keep our relationship going. I was doing a lot of drinking at the time and so was he. He got put in jail for something so I eventually lost contact with him. Still think about him once in a while. :(

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2008, 11:32 pm

I'm so desperate that I'm willing to take on any avaible girl that has more ability (calculus-wise) than I do.

simfish

23 Feb 2008, 11:50 pm

I used to expect to be single for a long time. But then a girl dated me and broke up with me 3 times. She told me that she couldn't talk to me again 1.5 weeks after our 3rd breakup, which left me psychologically devastated (and I'm still emotionally attached to her and waiting for the unlikely event that she might e-mail me again - plus I deactivated facebook). So now I'm kind of desperate to date anyone who is intelligent and thoughtful (I think ALL the time and thus intelligence is necessary).

So I don't know... I'm willing to take girls on the Internet, but the guy/girl ratio on nerdy forums is just enormous. There seem to be *very* few people who are thoughtful, socially isolated, and desire social interaction (mostly by exchanging thoughts with each other).

that being said, I'd consider anyone who is bold enough to PM me asking for a relationship. (and I wouldn't be offended, although I would be uncomfortable in case of perceived incompatibility)

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 1:21 am

I'm not desperate, but I'm not exactly thriving on bountiful love. Actually I get the most desperate and filled with despair after a failed attempt at finding love.

Since it's been a while since that last happened, I'm doing quite well.

My despair is not about interacting with women so much anymore, the woe is me I'll never be able to even approach or attract someone kind. I know I could attract something I've seen it happen... but my heart wouldn't be in it. It's more of a despair that someone who I could really love is actually out there, I want to connect with someone mentally...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 2:50 am

I've always felt akward in the very few relationships I've had. Mine's expressing the same feeling that the other person expresses to me. Never been good at approaching guys for a date. I think for me, I'd have to build a little friendship up.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:04 am

It's so hard to know when the right thing to do is to settle in desperation for someone, or when to keep waiting for a better partner who you may never meet...when you're being desperate and taking anyone you can get and when you're just being realistic. It's wretched.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 2:35 am

A350XWB: I've Been there, no joke. When you're feeling desperate its often a symptom of a deeper problem. So the real cause of your feelings isnt that you dont have a gf. Do you have a therapist? Or possibly a shrink? They might actually be able to help you take an edge off of those feelings. If I were you I would do the online dating thing; but be aware: Women are very good at picking up on signs of desperation! To them is it a TURN-OFF; it makes you look low status and thats no good. So when creating a profile online do NOT disclose your true feelings! Make it look like you have interests, passions, and hobbies that are the primary focus of your life rather than just meeting women.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 5:40 pm

Something needs to happen that will allow us to evolve into a state called "Disassociative Index-Based Mating." Rather than the beautiful women marrying the beautiful men and letting the ugly men and women drown in the despair of their own nausea, the beautiful will help the ugly, so that we won't have to feel that despair. And it somehow needs to be made romantically fulfilling.

What do you think of this idea?

Sorry if it sounds a little sarcastic. I'm just trying to promote sympathy for the less fortunate, as always.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:30 pm

A350XWB wrote:
I'm so desperate that I'm willing to take on any avaible girl that has more ability (calculus-wise) than I do.

so what's the rate-limiting factor, your desuetude, or your stipulation? :wink:

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:38 pm

Being single for a long time has actually made me more picky - all relationships are difficult, drama is inevitable, etc - so why bother if it's not with someone really worthwhile? I'm used to being single and I'd rather remain so for the rest of my life than get into a bad relationship.
For the right girl, I would offer fidelity, commitment and to be there for her - but these things are out of fashion and few want them.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Hachiko
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Feb 2008, 9:21 pm

I always have relationship issues.
its either I am too withdrawn or I am to out there,
Some people think i am creepy :oops:
I am way picky ........ and when i find people who meet my criteria I always scare them away