Attracted to creative 'artistic' girls...

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 1:03 am

If there is one thing that can instantly pique my interest in someone, it has to be an artistic side.

Something about creativity and the unique perspective that it brings, the striking and deliberatly different ways she goes about her life.

Who else falls easily in love with the free spirits out there?

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 11:45 am

I find myself strongly attracted to creative, unconventional, nonconformists too. Moreover what Ive noticed in particular is that
they seem to be the type whois attracted to me. Trouble is, I am not an artist so I dont have a lot of oppertunities to meet such people. Ive noticed a personality divide when it comes to the arts. You have the *visual artist* archetype, the *musician* archetype and the *performer* archetype. Often the latter 2 go together but NOT ALWAYS. I find that I really dont get along well with people in the performing arts; ESPECIALLY the theatrical types. Performing artists are often very social-the theater people are narcissists, dancers are exhibitionists, and musicians have Really BIG ego's. The only problem I have with visual artists is their tendency towards pretense-whcih I CANNOT STAND.

vimster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2008, 1:07 pm

I too am attracted to arty girls. I just like the fact they're more able to comprehend someone like myself who doesn't really fit into any boxes. Appreciating any sort of art, high or low, involves having to think outside your preconceptions, and it generally extends to other areas.

Mind you, artsy girls are usually very popular, you have to be something a bit special yourself, some part of your personality that interests them.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 2:32 pm

i like to dabble :)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

vimster

25 Feb 2008, 2:55 pm

That's finger painting isn't it? :)

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 3:06 pm

I prefer scientists to artists. I like people who have a passion that they actively work at, but I think you're wrong about artists being unique and deep and free-thinking. There are tons of trendy artists who've never had an original thought in their lives.

vimster

25 Feb 2008, 3:32 pm

Obres wrote:
I prefer scientists to artists. I like people who have a passion that they actively work at, but I think you're wrong about artists being unique and deep and free-thinking. There are tons of trendy artists who've never had an original thought in their lives.

You're absolutley right, there are tons of scenesters and hangers-on who like the lifestyle but don't actually do anything. I'm more interested in the sort of women who just get on with it, they're independent of thought and are confident in their ability to express themselves.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 3:58 pm

I am attracted to artsy women who are into indie music/films, and of course, animated sitcoms.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 4:49 pm

What Ive noticed about women in science and engineering is that they overwhelmingly tend to be Conventional people. Im really not sure why this is but AFAICT it seems to be true.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 5:13 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
What Ive noticed about women in science and engineering is that they overwhelmingly tend to be Conventional people. Im really not sure why this is but AFAICT it seems to be true.

What does conventional mean?

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 5:32 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:

Normal and not stand-out.

To be honest, it seems like every girl in college I run into is the "artsy" type. Frankly I'm sick of 'em. :lol:

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 6:00 pm

vimster wrote:
That's finger painting isn't it? :)

no, just means i don't do art seriously..... i wanted to go to school for it but my parents wouldnt let me and i had other interests anyway.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 6:22 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:

Normal and not stand-out.

To be honest, it seems like every girl in college I run into is the "artsy" type. Frankly I'm sick of 'em. :lol:

Send 'em my way.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2008, 10:21 pm

Phagocyte wrote:

what college do you go to?
I went to the US college with the most art students.
CSULB
I was one of those artsy girls. I wanted to be close to Art because I had the need of it.
most art students,I mean Fine Art, really want to express themselves
those who don't might just be snobs

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 10:40 pm

Looks like I hit on quite the loaded term.

I don't really mean high brow or low brow... or anything like that... or part of a 'scene'. Just someone who understands the creative process, and likes to express her unique view of the world.

Heck this could show up in other fields. The best would be someone who knew the creative aspects of Mathematics.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 11:46 pm

Phagocyte wrote:

There are "artsy" type and there are artists, just like there are intellectual snobs and actually intelligent/wise people.

When somebody really has something - money, talent, intelligence, culture, a good heart, beauty, uniqueness, etc... - that somebody doesn't have the need to brag about it, "show it off" or try too hard to make people know they have it. One can notice.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to find "artsy" types and intellectual snobs - I think "artsy" is the new "superficial" - than actual artists and actual intellectuals. I guess Pugly wants to meet girls in the latter category.