Your boyfriend to be shorter than you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Women, do you hate for your boyfriend to be shorter than you?
Yes you hate it 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
No you don't mind 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
Not a woman or just want to see results 72%  72%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 46

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:19 am

I just saw the "your boyfriend to be slimmer than you" poll and I figured it would be interesting to see how women felt about shorter men also.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:28 am

...and this would mean...;)

I imagine it depends on the woman...

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 1:36 am

It wouldn't bother me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 1:06 pm

It bothers my mother about my bf, I think even more than that he's from another country and another religion. I do not mind. :D

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 2:58 pm

Obres wrote:
I just saw the "your boyfriend to be slimmer than you" poll and I figured it would be interesting to see how women felt about shorter men also.

I haven't yet seen that topic/thread.
Admit that I do prefer my partner to be taller than I-but I don't think that height is sole indicator of who I've been involved with-one of my boyfriends in college was about same height as me (5'6" or 5'7"). It's not like there was some guy who was wonderful in every way except for that one parameter, it's not some sort of "deal-breaker"-and it's not intentional/conscious that most of my companions over the years have been taller.
So I didn't vote in the poll because the options were too absolute/hardline.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:19 pm

I don't care how tall my boyfriend is really. My last boyfriend was the same height as me and I prefer my boyfriends to be the same height or a little taller.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:35 pm

as long as he doesn't get intimidated by me wearing ridiculous shoes that take me well over the six foot markhe's ok by me.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:51 pm

Heh. I'm 5'9". He's 5'6". He seems to have no problem with it, so therefore I didn't either.

Howevere, I once teasingly asked him how he'd feel if I started wearing 4" heels every time we went out. He said that'd be mean. :D

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:14 pm

you won't get any accurate answer here , Women of WP are a small sample of overall womenkind and since many women here are aspies then they can't be a representative sample. Also,note that people are usually dishonest in such public surveys , especially when it is posted on a public community site where many members know each others...people tend to be idealist when they are asked with such questions ...and not real , there's the element of embarrassment to be taken into consideration too.

Only observation can tell what women really prefer about height:
Stats studies show that only 0.3% of husbands are shorter than their wives. Of course , this 99.7% can't be just a coincidence and can't be because most men are taller than women , in fact there are plenty of women who are taller than many men but this percentage only show the preference of 99.7% of male/female humans regarding the height.

You don't believe this study? Let's play a game ...go to a nightclub or to a party and try to count the couples where the man is shorter than the woman and count the couples where the man is the taller , you'll be amazed how rare to find the first case compared to the last one....that in case if you were lucky enough to find couples of the first case.

So ....don't waste your time with this thread , your question can be answered by seeing the world.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:26 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
you won't get any accurate answer here , Women of WP are a small sample of overall womenkind and since many women here are aspies then they can't be a representative sample. Also,not that people are usually dishonest in such public surveys , especially when it is posted on a public community site where many members know each others...people tend to be idealist when they are asked with such questions ...and not real , there's the element of embarrassment to be taken into consideration too.

Only observation can tell what women really prefer about height:
Stats studies show that only 0.3% of husbands are shorter than their wives. Of course , this 99.7% can't be just a coincidence and can't be because most men are taller than women , in fact there are plenty of women who are taller than many men but this percentage only show the preference of 99.7% of male/female humans regarding the height.

You don't believe this study? Let's play a game ...go to a nightclub or to a party and try to count the couples where the man is shorter than the woman and count the couples where the man is the taller , you'll be amazed how rare to find the first case compared to the last one....that in case if you were lucky enough to find couples of the first case.

So ....don't waste your time with this thread , your question can be answered by seeing the world.

Hurray! My boyfriend and I are a SUPER special couple :D :D :D

Seriously, I'm sure you're right. This poll is not going to be a good representative sample. But then, couples you see in nightclubs aren't necessarily accurate representations of "the real world" either.

In fact, since we are all (or mostly) aspies here, a lot of feedback you get on any general inquiry posed to this community is likely to gather opinions or feedback that would differ from what you might get from most of the population.

Why should that defer anyone from gathering those opinions though? It's interesting, and easier to get real feedback from a community you're comfortable with.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:30 pm

^^ if you think that nightclub is a shallow environment ...then you can play the same game in malls and in schools/universities , you will get very similar results....I can assure you that.

Do you know how I can know that these 2 strange people are couples even if they were not showing affection? From their height and body size ...I swear , because of a long observation my estimation is becoming 100% accurate ...just by looking at their height and body size I can mostly know that this guy and girl are a couple.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 8:02 pm

If you want to say that it's completely proven, I have one thing to say to you:

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 4:11 am

ford_prefects_kid wrote:
Hurray! My boyfriend and I are a SUPER special couple :D :D :D

Seriously, I'm sure you're right. This poll is not going to be a good representative sample. But then, couples you see in nightclubs aren't necessarily accurate representations of "the real world" either.

In fact, since we are all (or mostly) aspies here, a lot of feedback you get on any general inquiry posed to this community is likely to gather opinions or feedback that would differ from what you might get from most of the population.

Why should that defer anyone from gathering those opinions though? It's interesting, and easier to get real feedback from a community you're comfortable with.

Building on that, not only is it possible that people will say "oh, I'm cool with a guy who is shorter than me" in order to sound nice (and when it comes down to it, pair up with a taller male)-but also it's just as possible that some females might imagine they would not be attracted to a shorter male (and would honestly state this in comment)-yet in real life meet some guy who happens to be shorter & pair up with him.

The uncertainty of theoretical admissions compared with what actually occurs can go both ways. Agree that nightclubs (or movies, tv, etc.) are hardly a representative cross-section, in terms of reflecting behavior/selection process of individuals that form couples, and who gets together with who.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 8:48 am

Obres wrote:

This is interesting. Because I am almost completely sure that women do care about height more then shown in this survey. I must come to the conclusion that I cannot take my survey "your boyfriend to be slimmer than you" by face value.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 1:13 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Obres wrote:

This is interesting. Because I am almost completely sure that women do care about height more then shown in this survey. I must come to the conclusion that I cannot take my survey "your boyfriend to be slimmer than you" by face value.

It could be that people with asperger's find physical proportions less important for a number of reasons. It could also be the wording of the question. I purposely used the exact same wording (but I couldn't help but fix the spelling mistakes, sorry my OCD). Given a choice between "hate it" and "don't mind", I think most people would only put "hate it" if they were almost completely closed to the possibility, while even those with a moderate to strong preference for bigger/taller but who would consider a skinnier/shorter man would put "don't mind".

hollybee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 1:13 pm

My boyfriend is and I don't mind at all. He's only 2" shorter (I'm 5'7", he's 5'5") and jokes about being short and stuff but neither of us minds at all. First time I've been out with someone shorter but hey, it's really not a thing to worry about!