Guys: How important are a woman's looks to you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Guys: How important are a woman's looks to you?
Very 24%  24%  [ 29 ]
Somewhat 34%  34%  [ 42 ]
Not very 14%  14%  [ 17 ]
Not at all 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
Just want to see results 20%  20%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 122

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2008, 3:17 pm

Guys, please register your opinion.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:27 pm

Do we all have to look like Eliot Spitzer's call girl, 'Kristen?"

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:30 pm

Extremely, and I'm unrepentant.

No, it's not shallow. Have you ever tried to get an turned on over someone you don't find attractive? It doesn't work. We can't help it.

No, I'm not saying looks are everything. Far from it. I'd say they're equal, or possibly less important than the person's personality.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2008, 3:32 pm

Zsazsa wrote:
Do we all have to look like Eliot Spitzer's call girl, 'Kristen?"

Of course you don't (personally, I don't find "Kristen" attractive). I'm preparing to make a larger point to the guys a little later on and need some research first.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:39 pm

A girls looks are kind of subjective to a guys opinion of them. Girls that I find attractive, aren't attractive to other guys and vice versa. I've also noticed that a girl can appear very beautiful, until she opens her mouth and reveals that she's a total b***h, than suddenly she loses all appeal and looks rather ugly to me. And also some girls that at first don't appear to be really noticeable at first, grow on me and they become more and more attractive.

Like my ex, my #2brother thought I could get a much prettier girl, but I thought she was beautiful and wasn't interested in other girls. Of course he's got some super high standards on how his perfect girl looks.

Anyways, I voted somewhat.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:42 pm

"You don't love someone for being beautiful, you find them beautiful because you love them."

I couldn't care less what people look like, but then again I am asexual.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:44 pm

It is a difficult question to answer.

I don't get attracted to somebody until I get to know them. Looks wise I like interesting features, I'm not attracted to the plain public image of beauty. I would say it is about equal.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:59 pm

I like lots of different things and not any single woman has everything but they all have something attractive. I've had girls that were my friend first and I didn't find the attractive at all even thought just the opposite but later after I got to know them and became good friends I kinda fell in love with them although it's more accurate to say I had a really big crush on them. Basically personality can out do looks but takes time and effort whereas looks are fast but don't last long, especially if I can't stand being around them or there friends.

criss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 4:21 pm

As wilde said, "only a fool does not judge by appearances"

I discriminate very much whom I find attractive.

Like wilde, my whole being is wrapped up in the sensuality of the senses.

I find women who are judgmental and critical, have a hardness which I find is more often than not written in their face. However conventionally attractive they are I feel repelled.

Gentleness and tenderness of spirit are beautiful qualities, and if a woman's face conveys this, I melt at the knees, regardless if the world says she is imperfect.

Like most men in the spectrum I find daggy women much more attractive that the conventional.

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 4:48 pm

I like appearance, but not really looks.

It's a whole bunch of other things, outside of the basic building blocks of 'good' looks she has. More about what she has done with what she's been given.

The style of clothes she wears, her smile, her general attitude that she has. These are what I look for, not specifically anything physical.

Of course I'm the kind of guy that's more attracted to what goes on inside a girl's brain than anything else...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 4:59 pm

Men generally go for beautiful because subconsciously are looking for woman that will prejudice healthy offspring. This is especially important if a man is going to invest time bringing up the child.

Personally I don’t go as much by looks as a regular guy. But I will have to face the fact that if I am going to have children, age, looks and spectrum do have big implications.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 5:00 pm

Women's bodies are works of art, and so looks are a very pleasant bonus. Great looks are not necessary for me, but I appreciate them a lot. Great looks do provide an extra glue that keeps a guy sticking to a beautiful woman he's involved with. But again, they are not necessary for a satisfying and long-lasting relationship, and again, I said "extra" glue, meaning that a man is perfectly capable of staying with a woman who is thought not to have classic beauty to spare.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:01 pm

Not at all really. If anything I am actually a little repulsed by stereotypically attractive girls. They just seem rather "unclean" to me or something....

I guess it has to do with going through over 3 years of High School now and listening in on a lot of conversations I was not a part of since I'm normally so quiet.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:12 pm

Somewhat. I can't fall in love with someone I'm not sexualy attracted to.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:13 pm

There are certain body types that I find attractive.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:28 pm

I chose somewhat. I am a sucker for a nice ass. It's not absolutely required, but, would definitely be appreciated. Big or small, breast size can vary. I don't really have a favorite cup size. All I really want, is a nice behind and a compatible mind. Is that too much to ask?

Those who know, don't speak.