Appearance: Feminine Women, Androgynous Women?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What type of person do you find sexier?
Feminine women (if you are heterosexual male) 47%  47%  [ 26 ]
Androgynous women (if you are hetoersexual male) 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Masculine men (if you are heterosexual female) 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Androgynous men (if you are heterosexual female) 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
I am homosexual or bisexual 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 55

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:11 pm

For heterosexual men, do you prefer women to, well, look like women? I have seen here before guys expressing interest in women of more androgynous appearance, but a woman who displays the so-called secondary sexual characteristics of the female sex looks, well, sexier to me. The same question could be posed to heterosexual women: masculine men or androgynous men?

A woman who looks too androgynous has a certain effect (at least in my case): (1) I am unlikely to notice her; (2) if I do happen to notice her or interact with her, say, at a store, I will not mentally think of her as being a woman (rather, I'd mentally categorize her in a more or less genderless zone of generic person). I am naturally sexually aroused by women who look like women. Now I know there is some movement to consider it "sexist" to be attracted to women who occupy more traditional gender roles (at least in physical appearance) much as there is a movement to consider "fatties" to be attractive in their own light, I find this attraction to be pretty much instinctual.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2008, 8:26 pm

I can't answer this, because there is no option for "not caring either way". I'm not just saying that to make myself look good, i've met alot of different kinds of women, some feminine, some tomboyish, but they're all just as unlikely to be my type. I'd be ecstatic just to meet a woman I have something in common with that I find attractive, how feminine she is just isn't a factor.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:29 pm

I am a very physically feminine female (& autistic). I am attracted to masculine men, bypassing 'androgynous' appearing/behaving males. I tend to like NT men too (I don't know why, just instinct - I may change that, but in general, I like NT men).

I tend to just like men better, in general, with exceptions, than females. I am shy and not socially inclined, but I almost seek out men, not females.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:32 pm

I am indifferent in terms of masculine/feminine dress. I am attracted to curvy, voluptuous women, though.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:32 pm

Daewoodrow wrote:
I can't answer this, because there is no option for "not caring either way". I'm not just saying that to make myself look good, i've met alot of different kinds of women, some feminine, some tomboyish, but they're all just as unlikely to be my type. I'd be ecstatic just to meet a woman I have something in common with that I find attractive, how feminine she is just isn't a factor.

Describe your ideal woman.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:49 pm

I'm not sure exactly what your asking.

Masculine and Feminine could be describing cultural norms or secondary sex characteristics. By cultural norms, the femininity of my appearance varies by occasion, though I never shave my legs, and seldom spend time on my hair or wear makeup--which to some, due to cultural norms, appears masculine or androgynous. My body type, though, is unmistakeably feminine.

I am capable of being extremely attracted to a very wide range of body types, and also to a very wide range of cultural presentations of genderedness . . . though drag is not attractive to me.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:52 pm

ok, well. . .
not so far.

though I've occasionally found androgynous clothes worn in an opposite gender way to be attractive on someone.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2008, 8:52 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Describe your ideal woman.

Well, thanks for asking. I guess my ideal woman would understand me, and constantly challenge me. Find things that I do naturally attractive, and understand that i'm flawed.
What i'd want from her is a form of genius, a woman who always amazes me with her reasoning skills, and keeps me guessing. I'd want her to want to spend time with me and I would want to spend time with her.
Physically speaking, I don't know what i'd want from her, but I would prefer her to be close to my height and be anything from slightly underweight to slightly overweight, the only thing I couldn't imagine my perfect woman being is obese. As far as a deeper physical description, that's where my imagination ends, she could look like anything, I honestly wouldn't care.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:54 pm

I voted for androgynous-looking women, although I like a lot of people who go against the typical gender roles - my last two major attractions were to a fairly flamboyant guy and a buff wrestling girl.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:59 pm

What do I want? Simple. I want a woman who looks like woman and dresses like one. She doesn't have to be a genius, 'cause what's a genuis? No taller than me, not too skinny or too heavy. Boobs are always a plus.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:10 pm

slowmutant wrote:
What do I want? Simple. I want a woman who looks like woman and dresses like one. She doesn't have to be a genius, 'cause what's a genuis? No taller than me, not too skinny or too heavy. Boobs are always a plus.

What does dressing like a woman mean to you?

To me, well, I'm a woman, so however I dress. . . I'm dressed like a woman.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:21 pm

Daewoodrow wrote:
I guess my ideal woman would understand me, and constantly challenge me. Find things that I do naturally attractive, and understand that i'm flawed.
What i'd want from her is a form of genius, a woman who always amazes me with her reasoning skills, and keeps me guessing. I'd want her to want to spend time with me and I would want to spend time with her.

Awe.

I still feel a pleasant twinge of reassurance every time I see/hear a guy mention that he prefers his women with substantial brains. Had some pretty scarring early dating experiences in that respect. My current boyfriend is awesome about that . . .

What you describe is also a lot like what I'm looking for; someone who is at least in some respects stronger than me, who always pushes me . . Kindness is very important to me as well, though.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:21 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I voted for androgynous-looking women, although I like a lot of people who go against the typical gender roles - my last two major attractions were to a fairly flamboyant guy and a buff wrestling girl.

You're bisexual, so you're skewing the results (I would suspect bisexual people would have somewhat different opposite-sex preferences than heterosexuals).

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:31 pm

Quote:
What does dressing like a woman mean to you?

To me, well, I'm a woman, so however I dress. . . I'm dressed like a woman.

Huh? I do not understand the question, if in fact it was a question.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2008, 9:36 pm

Jainaday wrote:

Awe.

I still feel a pleasant twinge of reassurance every time I see/hear a guy mention that he prefers his women with substantial brains. Had some pretty scarring early dating experiences in that respect. My current boyfriend is awesome about that . . .

What you describe is also a lot like what I'm looking for; someone who is at least in some respects stronger than me, who always pushes me . . Kindness is very important to me as well, though.

Thankyou. For me, the idea of liking a woman is complicated. I've met alot of attractive women, but how attractive they are meant absolutely nothing when I tried to talk to them. I couldn't imagine spending time with a woman who doesn't challenge my mind at all simply because she looks good, I may as well just watch a TV show for that.

And clothes and makeup are just variables. If I can make a woman fall for me by wearing expensive clothes and getting a nice hairstyle, then what does that say about her? She would never have found me interesting if I had been less presentable, so she obviously doesn't love me. I use the same logic for women. If I go for a woman because I like her dress and makeup, how far could that really go?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:39 pm

Try it and find out. You never know until you try. Women may end up liking you for more than your brains. :wink: