Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 150 of 239 [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 239  Next

d510g1c
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

24 year old male, yes thats me in profile pic but have recently grown my hair out. currently in nc but looking to move. looking for a female aspie! im a very affectionate person who loves to cuddle on the couch but also need time alone. very honest and loyal looking for the same.

interests include online poker(currently illegal in us), religion (im agnostic), philosophy, football, music and some video games.

when not working i enjoy running, reading, trying to play keyboard, watching movies, fishing and hiking. i do not enjoy going to parties or social events but will on occasion. pm me anyone interested in talking.

an ASPIE

Acta
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2011, 2:28 am

But yeah. I'm NT (more or less) but AS has touched my life in more than one way. My college bf had AS (though I didn't know it at the time) and my son has it. I worry about him ever finding someone who will tolerate his eccentricities but as I once read--and as I often suspect--his being alone is more of a problem for us than it will be for him. I hope this is true.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:05 am

Acta wrote:
But yeah. I'm NT (more or less) but AS has touched my life in more than one way. My college bf had AS (though I didn't know it at the time) and my son has it. I worry about him ever finding someone who will tolerate his eccentricities but as I once read--and as I often suspect--his being alone is more of a problem for us than it will be for him. I hope this is true.

Thought that this was in the wrong thread as a mistake but considering the title is unlikely.

If you are looking for a partner here you should do some sort of description about yourself(hobbies/interests/what are you looking forward/ a somewhat precise location(doesnt have to be exact but not everyone is into LDRs)...)

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Acta
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2011, 3:21 am

The main point of my post on this thread was to make a joke about the thread title...I didn't realize it was going to show up so tiny. As an afterthought I decided to comment on my concern about my son finding a mate. No big deal...sorry if you felt like it was misplaced or irrelevant.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:37 am

Acta wrote:
The main point of my post on this thread was to make a joke about the thread title...I didn't realize it was going to show up so tiny. As an afterthought I decided to comment on my concern about my son finding a mate. No big deal...sorry if you felt like it was misplaced or irrelevant.

I just wasnt sure wether you were trying to find a partner and wanted to let you know that it was unlikely you´ll find one without some sort of description about yourself.

If you wish you can open a thread where your son´s situation could be discussed in a more detailed way and more members would chime in.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 7:50 am

im a 23 year old 'high functioning' male asplie. i live in Lincoln, Nebraska.

im looking for a girl around my age (18 to 25), who also lives around me (within a couple hours drive). im pretty open, just ask me a question if you are curious about anything in particular. i have a facebook with my picture if you are interested. i would also ask you have a picture of yourself because regardless of what people say, or think, being physically attracted to someone IS important. its not 'shallow' its human nature.

about me: i aspire to work with people, to help them. i want to feel like im helping out 'my fellow man (or woman lol)', and see people light up because of my actions, or how i helped them out. i plan on going to school next quarter to further working on my goals / dreams / aspirations. for now, however, im living at home and working at a less-than-optimal job :? . i definitely want to move out, and im wanting to move out more and more as time goes by, but i wouldnt be able to make ends meet with how much i get paid at my job, and the hours im able to work :C. after my schooling is done im sure i'll be able to find a job that pays enough money that i could move out (FINALLY!) XD. its alright, however, because i really love my family.

Hrm. im definitely a nerd.. im passionate about video games. i play halo, COD, magic: the gathering, and Heroes of Newerth. im a bit of a 'power gamer' in that i like to have access to all pertinent information, and always do my very best to achieve victory. its odd, but im actually not overly competitive. i like the aspect of achieving mastery in video games, or working towards it anyways.

i also like movies, films, anime, and random internet inquisitions into things i sporadically seem to want to explore :D

i massively enjoy cuddling. i would hope any girls who are interested wouldnt be totally against the idea. i know it wouldnt work out between me and a girl if she wouldnt let me hold her a lot (and, probably more importantly, for HER to want ME to hold her), once we got to that part of the relationship. cuddling is my favorite thing to do in the entire world, hands down, bar none. im like to think im pretty phenomenal at it, too. at the very least, i'd hope you could be open to the idea. maybe the reason you are against it is because when you tried in the past it wasnt with someone who cared about you, or was interested in you, or someone you didnt trust.

one thing im sure of is that trust is a very important part of healthy relationships. because of this, ive decided its best to never lie to girls that im interested in. this is because as the relationship grows, i never want the girl i like to be uneasy about anything. i always want to be trusted. this will be especially important if i end up falling in love with the girl. theres nothing more enjoyable (for me, anyways, and im sure others too) than saying 'i love you' to someone and having them say 'i love you too' when you both mutually trust each other 100%.

im a bit of a softie // romantic in that regard :X.

i plan to do many many many many thousands of romantic things in my lifetime. it makes me happy to express how i feel when the other person feels the same way, and is open to receiving :D.

PM me if you are interested. please have a picture that you can show me. :D also if you are shy thats cool too! still find the courage to message me because i think shy girls are pretty cute :wink:

you'll never know if it would work out until you try right?

LexF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

My name is Lex, I'm 38, 5'10" and 190 pounds. I live in Crown Point, Indiana.

I'm a writer with seven books published so far (mainly sci-fi) and I'm currently working on three more.

I've been in numerous short-term relationships, but my girlfriends inevitably try to turn me into a domesticated farm animal after 90 days together. I am somewhat reluctant to switch off my brain and become a goat.

I'm divorced, no kids. I don't drink at all (stopped at age 22, and will never do THAT again!), no drugs stronger than Tylenol and Pepsi (preferably together).

I love a lot of the typical nerd/geek stuff (comic books, Dr. Who, dinosaurs) and lately I've been spending a lot of time reading books on temporal physics.

Would like to meet someone with no kids, and who doesn't want any; someone who doesn't drink and who won't try to change me into a cardboard cutout of a lame sitcom dad.

I am also a forum moderator on one of the larger free dating sites (unfortunately no legitimate prospects after almost 5 years on that site), so I know a little bit about this forum thing.

I see my AS as an "upgrade," so to speak -- in that it has allowed me to become the creative me that, in the end, outweighs any desire to try to be "normal" -- I played the "normal" role for awhile (or tried to, anyway), and found it simply doesn't fit well.

Ran across this site while doing some research on AS, and thought maybe it might be a good idea to try it out. You never know.... 8)

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

why is no one from Ontario, Canada?

:evil: (in this case this emoticon means "extremely frusturated")

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

LostInBed wrote:

Have you considered dating someone elsewhere?

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
LostInBed wrote:

Have you considered dating someone elsewhere?

I can't afford it and long distance only works for so long.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

LostInBed wrote:

I'm from Ontario, Canada.
The city of Guelph actually has a surprisingly large amount of single Aspies.

halfspin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2011, 6:14 am

I'm 30, male, diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome by the professionals but don't really make it part of my identity. I'm hanging out in the Peninsula/South Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area at the moment. Lately I've been spending most of my time working; I co-founded a somewhat successful startup that was acquired by a larger company, and after two years there I've decided to set out again and try something new, no idea what yet. Physically I'm around 5'8", 175 lbs., very athletic/muscular build, short medium-brown hair, gorgeous blue eyes (or so I've heard). I've had a few relationships in my past but nothing that's really clicked yet; on the other hand, I'm not desperate or in a rush to commit to anything foolhardy. My academic/working background is in computer science and I still find parts of it fascinating, but I'm not particularly interested in computer or video games. (I have a TV but it's not plugged into anything right now.) I tend to read a lot of blogs and books and writings about politics, political philosophy, economics, feminist theory, and other assorted subjects. Randroids, Paultards, Koch-suckers, and other glibertarians are not likely to get along with me.

I am interested in getting to know people who I find interesting, and should the moment and the chemistry be right, attractive. I have been fortunate enough to find friends who are outstanding people as well as great companions, and I'm just looking to expand my horizons at this point. In particular I hope to make friendships with more women: I have three younger sisters, and I've watched them each going through their own particular set of difficulties in dealing with the world as adults and in navigating the social terrain defined predominantly by adult men, and it alternately confuses me and pisses me off to watch what they are going through in their various journeys. I really wish I had a better understanding of their perspectives.

I'm seldom hurting for human contact so I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on what I've had to say here.

syntaxrandom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 8:14 pm

LostInBed wrote:

I'm from Ontario, Canada. Still, that's a very large region.

J-snukk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

I'm an 18 year old male, I live on the Shetland islands, so it is pretty remote, but I'm used to long journeys and stays down south, so distance is less of an issue than it might seem. Looking for a female in the UK, of similar age. I like politics, films, reading, writing, video games and oddly shaped female noses. Here is a picture:

feel free to PM or add on Facebook CLICK HERE

"Kiss the hand of the arm you cannot break, while praying to God to break it for you" - Arabian Proverb

SUSNET
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

I'm an almost 20yo student from SE England.

I'm looking for a girl to be friends with to start with, someone I can actually talk to, and maybe a relationship in the future.

Message me for a chat!

Siegfried432
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

Hey there, Name's Josh, 5'10"ish, 240ish, 23 (gonna be 24 on the 24th of this month [November]) I'm from San Leandro, CA, i'm a graduate from SF state with a B.A. in Psychology, i do have asperger's syndrome, i have a car, i love to play games of all sorts but as of late i've been playing World of Warcraft, on Friday i go to my game club at SF state to play various games such as Red Dragon Inn, Settlers of Catan, and other games of the sort. I really love techno music of all types, even the ones with words, but nothing too high pitch. I also like listening to rock and certain hip hip/rap/R&B songs (the ones that actually sing well). When i get the chance or money, i like going to the clubs (like dance clubs like Ruby Skye or Slide Lounge though i usually bring earplugs) because i like to dance and have a little to drink. I love watching movies and tv shows, i've caught up with the 2nd to last seasons of Dexter and House, and watch Adventure Time and Regular show almost religiously. Waiting on the new Avatar the last airbender spin off to come to tv. I've been unemployed for the last year and a half (i feel as one with Asperger's it's hard to find a job that's not super stressful, and this economy sucks b****). I live at home with my parents but i am working with ILS (Independent Living Services) and my Regional Case Manager and Vocational Rehab Manager towards getting a job and living on my own or at least with my best college buddy that i've known since Freshman year of college. I've only been in 3 relationships, the first one lasting about a year and 9 months, the other two only last about a month. I don't do drugs, i don't smoke. I love certain foods a lot (chinese, japanese, mexican, vietnamese, and pizza just to name a few). i don't really do sport, although i love to swim and walk although i prefer to walk with others. and that's all i can think about me at the moment... now on to what you should be:

A lot of people ask for what they want, but i figured i should put what i DON'T want...

(if any of these things apply to you, please don't reply, just saving you the trouble, because I've had it up to here with certain types of people)

if you:

-Can't handle a person with Asperger's Syndrome (well, considering i'm on here, i'm sure you can :) )

-Do drugs of any kind (i'm not 420 friendly, i'm sorry, Homie don't play that [< reference to Living Color])

-can't handle affection of any kind (i say this because i'm a very affectionate/cuddly/touchy-feely person with respect to boundaries of course [this might or might not be an outlier to those who are aspie /shrugs])

-don't have a lot of patience

-are under 21, i prefer people close to my age, mentality, and experience

-have (a) kid(s) (i'm just not ready to support a kid at my age)

-don't like to play games of any sort (and by games, i mean video games, board games, card games [not yugioh or magic or pokemon (especially that last one)], RPGs, etc.)

-are not understanding of people's circumstances

-don't have a good sense of humor (yes my mind tends to go to the gutter sometimes but it's a joke, don't take it serious)

-like to play around and two time people thinking it's ok (i hate cheaters and people who are dishonest)

-have ANY kind of STI/D (I'm clean, i assure you)

-are wanting a Sugar Daddy (No, Homie don't play that, i believe both sides pay their fair share and yes, despite being unemployed i do pay my fair share)

-very political (that means no extreme rightys or leftys or even those on the fence, just not a political person... it's depressing)

-into BDSM (i want none of it, it's not my scene, i rather treat people as human beings, not trash, if you believe otherwise, that's fine, i just don't want into it)

-don't really have a goal in life (i have one, even if it's gonna take me a bit)

-don't live particularly close by (within the bay area/SF area would be appreciative, what with gas prices and all)

-just want sex (as much as i am a man, and do enjoy sex, that is not the only thing i want in a friendship/long term relationship)

-not honest, trustworthy, loving, kind, caring, or any other quality that should be in a good human being (because why can't we all just get along)

-can not handle their liquor (i don't drink often but when i do... well, i don't drink that much)

-need liquor to be able to dance or sing in public (one shouldn't need "liquid confidence" to do so)

-don't really like having conversations about games, books, movies, music, or anything else entertainment wise (can't really enjoy the awkward silence)

-are into new age concepts like crystals, or energy, or angels or that sort of thing or extremely religious (it's the same thing with politics, i'm not very religious/spiritual)

-want an a**hole, or a hick, or a thug, or a hipster, or a douche bag for a boyfriend (i'm just a nice guy with simple needs, although the above might seem otherwise to some people)

-are into sports like hardcore, i just don't really follow sports (in my opinion, sports [except maybe the super bowl or world/euro cup] is boring)

-can't handle the truth! (srsly, there's a lot of foot in mouth with me, but i tend to be pretty blunt. but wouldn't you prefer the truth compared to the ugly ugly lie?)

-dont have much to talk about.

-not as available as you would like to be. (would be nice to hang out at least once or more a week)

if any of these apply to you don't bother, otherwise i would love to talk with you because you are awesome and perfect just the way you are :D