Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 151 of 233 [ 3717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 233  Next

halfspin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2011, 6:14 am

I'm 30, male, diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome by the professionals but don't really make it part of my identity. I'm hanging out in the Peninsula/South Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area at the moment. Lately I've been spending most of my time working; I co-founded a somewhat successful startup that was acquired by a larger company, and after two years there I've decided to set out again and try something new, no idea what yet. Physically I'm around 5'8", 175 lbs., very athletic/muscular build, short medium-brown hair, gorgeous blue eyes (or so I've heard). I've had a few relationships in my past but nothing that's really clicked yet; on the other hand, I'm not desperate or in a rush to commit to anything foolhardy. My academic/working background is in computer science and I still find parts of it fascinating, but I'm not particularly interested in computer or video games. (I have a TV but it's not plugged into anything right now.) I tend to read a lot of blogs and books and writings about politics, political philosophy, economics, feminist theory, and other assorted subjects. Randroids, Paultards, Koch-suckers, and other glibertarians are not likely to get along with me.

I am interested in getting to know people who I find interesting, and should the moment and the chemistry be right, attractive. I have been fortunate enough to find friends who are outstanding people as well as great companions, and I'm just looking to expand my horizons at this point. In particular I hope to make friendships with more women: I have three younger sisters, and I've watched them each going through their own particular set of difficulties in dealing with the world as adults and in navigating the social terrain defined predominantly by adult men, and it alternately confuses me and pisses me off to watch what they are going through in their various journeys. I really wish I had a better understanding of their perspectives.

I'm seldom hurting for human contact so I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on what I've had to say here.

syntaxrandom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 8:14 pm

LostInBed wrote:
why is no one from Ontario, Canada?

:evil: (in this case this emoticon means "extremely frusturated")

I'm from Ontario, Canada. Still, that's a very large region.

J-snukk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

I'm an 18 year old male, I live on the Shetland islands, so it is pretty remote, but I'm used to long journeys and stays down south, so distance is less of an issue than it might seem. Looking for a female in the UK, of similar age. I like politics, films, reading, writing, video games and oddly shaped female noses. Here is a picture:

feel free to PM or add on Facebook CLICK HERE

"Kiss the hand of the arm you cannot break, while praying to God to break it for you" - Arabian Proverb

SUSNET
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

I'm an almost 20yo student from SE England.

I'm looking for a girl to be friends with to start with, someone I can actually talk to, and maybe a relationship in the future.

Message me for a chat!

Siegfried432
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

Hey there, Name's Josh, 5'10"ish, 240ish, 23 (gonna be 24 on the 24th of this month [November]) I'm from San Leandro, CA, i'm a graduate from SF state with a B.A. in Psychology, i do have asperger's syndrome, i have a car, i love to play games of all sorts but as of late i've been playing World of Warcraft, on Friday i go to my game club at SF state to play various games such as Red Dragon Inn, Settlers of Catan, and other games of the sort. I really love techno music of all types, even the ones with words, but nothing too high pitch. I also like listening to rock and certain hip hip/rap/R&B songs (the ones that actually sing well). When i get the chance or money, i like going to the clubs (like dance clubs like Ruby Skye or Slide Lounge though i usually bring earplugs) because i like to dance and have a little to drink. I love watching movies and tv shows, i've caught up with the 2nd to last seasons of Dexter and House, and watch Adventure Time and Regular show almost religiously. Waiting on the new Avatar the last airbender spin off to come to tv. I've been unemployed for the last year and a half (i feel as one with Asperger's it's hard to find a job that's not super stressful, and this economy sucks b****). I live at home with my parents but i am working with ILS (Independent Living Services) and my Regional Case Manager and Vocational Rehab Manager towards getting a job and living on my own or at least with my best college buddy that i've known since Freshman year of college. I've only been in 3 relationships, the first one lasting about a year and 9 months, the other two only last about a month. I don't do drugs, i don't smoke. I love certain foods a lot (chinese, japanese, mexican, vietnamese, and pizza just to name a few). i don't really do sport, although i love to swim and walk although i prefer to walk with others. and that's all i can think about me at the moment... now on to what you should be:

A lot of people ask for what they want, but i figured i should put what i DON'T want...

(if any of these things apply to you, please don't reply, just saving you the trouble, because I've had it up to here with certain types of people)

if you:

-Can't handle a person with Asperger's Syndrome (well, considering i'm on here, i'm sure you can :) )

-Do drugs of any kind (i'm not 420 friendly, i'm sorry, Homie don't play that [< reference to Living Color])

-can't handle affection of any kind (i say this because i'm a very affectionate/cuddly/touchy-feely person with respect to boundaries of course [this might or might not be an outlier to those who are aspie /shrugs])

-don't have a lot of patience

-are under 21, i prefer people close to my age, mentality, and experience

-have (a) kid(s) (i'm just not ready to support a kid at my age)

-don't like to play games of any sort (and by games, i mean video games, board games, card games [not yugioh or magic or pokemon (especially that last one)], RPGs, etc.)

-are not understanding of people's circumstances

-don't have a good sense of humor (yes my mind tends to go to the gutter sometimes but it's a joke, don't take it serious)

-like to play around and two time people thinking it's ok (i hate cheaters and people who are dishonest)

-have ANY kind of STI/D (I'm clean, i assure you)

-are wanting a Sugar Daddy (No, Homie don't play that, i believe both sides pay their fair share and yes, despite being unemployed i do pay my fair share)

-very political (that means no extreme rightys or leftys or even those on the fence, just not a political person... it's depressing)

-into BDSM (i want none of it, it's not my scene, i rather treat people as human beings, not trash, if you believe otherwise, that's fine, i just don't want into it)

-don't really have a goal in life (i have one, even if it's gonna take me a bit)

-don't live particularly close by (within the bay area/SF area would be appreciative, what with gas prices and all)

-just want sex (as much as i am a man, and do enjoy sex, that is not the only thing i want in a friendship/long term relationship)

-not honest, trustworthy, loving, kind, caring, or any other quality that should be in a good human being (because why can't we all just get along)

-can not handle their liquor (i don't drink often but when i do... well, i don't drink that much)

-need liquor to be able to dance or sing in public (one shouldn't need "liquid confidence" to do so)

-don't really like having conversations about games, books, movies, music, or anything else entertainment wise (can't really enjoy the awkward silence)

-are into new age concepts like crystals, or energy, or angels or that sort of thing or extremely religious (it's the same thing with politics, i'm not very religious/spiritual)

-want an a**hole, or a hick, or a thug, or a hipster, or a douche bag for a boyfriend (i'm just a nice guy with simple needs, although the above might seem otherwise to some people)

-are into sports like hardcore, i just don't really follow sports (in my opinion, sports [except maybe the super bowl or world/euro cup] is boring)

-can't handle the truth! (srsly, there's a lot of foot in mouth with me, but i tend to be pretty blunt. but wouldn't you prefer the truth compared to the ugly ugly lie?)

-dont have much to talk about.

-not as available as you would like to be. (would be nice to hang out at least once or more a week)

if any of these apply to you don't bother, otherwise i would love to talk with you because you are awesome and perfect just the way you are :D

Blue_and_Orange
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2011, 6:52 pm

My problem with Aspieaffection is that the site hardly ever gets used. Making and maintaining an account there would be a waste of time, in my opinion.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

Blue_and_Orange wrote:
My problem with Aspieaffection is that the site hardly ever gets used. Making and maintaining an account there would be a waste of time, in my opinion.

Not to mention it doesn't work (as in the site is very, very broken).

Blue_and_Orange
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

Titangeek wrote:
Blue_and_Orange wrote:

Not to mention it doesn't work (as in the site is very, very broken).

Thank you for telling me, one more reason I'm glad I never made an account.

ChekaMan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Nov 2011, 11:25 pm

I'm Thomas, 33 years old, with brown hair and brown eyes, looking for a girl roughly my age, first for friendship and then hopefully for more.PM me and ask me anything within reason.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:31 pm

I'm available, affordable, and will retain value.

TheLostOne
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

I'm female from Newcastle. I really dislike it there but hey
18, love manga and animation. looking someone similar.
I'm quite new here so bare with me

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

deleted

Last edited by Kaysea on 16 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nana80
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

I'm Nana, 30 from Berlin, Germany and a computer scientist.

I am looking for an sweet, intelligent, man, around my age. Write me a PM if your interessted in getting to know each other.

AlienRed
Raven
Raven

18 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

Guess I should post in here ;)

Not really done this before, so here goes....

I'm Mike, 26, Living in Pershore (Just south of Birmingham) at the moment, but home is North Wales but not far from Liverpool.

I have a car, so can travel around a bit, could be up for going to gigs??

Blue eyes, Brown hair, but I do dye it sometimes

Anything else just ask/PM me

Thanks

Mike

cil23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

Well i've been on this site for a little while now but haven't really introduced myself. I am female, 44 and live in Australia. I can't say i have seen many others from aussie but i wasn't going to readd all 172pgs of this topic lol. My main interest is in art and i also love riding my motorbike. I live on the coast in QLD and have a 15yr old daughter who lives with me. I have only recently been diagnosed with AS so i am learning how this has impacted on me throughout my life and especially where relationships are concerned. So if there are others from Australia it would be great to connect. :)

Jam_Jarz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2011, 6:02 am

well here goes.

Hi i'm Jamie.
I'm 24 years old about to turn 25, i live in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, i'm looking for a girl preferrably around the same age as me (no more than 5 years either way) who loves to cuddle and all manners of affection as i to love to show it, i need a girl who can deal with the fact that i am a very cheery person and that when things get bad i refuse to worry i simply sit down and think through the situation logically (my last girlfriend couldn't cope with that)

Height: 6ft
Weight: fluctuates between 14-16 stone
Build: Slightly chubby....cuddly lol
Hair: short, Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Likes: anything gothic, light sarcasm, humour of all forms, days and nights out, going for meals, long walks
Dislikes: smoking, drugs, intollerant people....thats about it lol

hope to hear back from people, i'm always hopefull lol