Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 3 of 239 [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 239  Next

Anachronism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2005, 11:04 am

ME-

I am 24 years old, living in Colorado Springs, CO.

I court contant death and work to ensure American freedom by learning everything I can about railroads and exploring old tunnels and mines of the gold-rush era.

I am smarter than the average piece of toast, yet less nutritious.

I fear that someday I will outgrow hot wheels.

Sometimes I feel compelled to listen to Jimmy Buffet and wax nostalgic about an overly romanticed life of a pirate on the high seas.

Yeaaarrr.

I have been called mature for my age.

I view catch and release fishing as pointless and generally cruel, but trout can taste great.

I don't smoke pot, yet also fail to see why it is the blame for all of societies problems.

I think Britney Spears is overrated.

In every way.

I am good at getting the answers in Jeapordy.

I am libertarian, mainly for the jokes.

I watched episode one, and still wish I had that 2 hours of my life back.

It would be great if I could become the Indiana Jones of Economics.

I feel life is not designed to take seriously.

I wish supermodels would return my phone calls.

I believe a genuine smile can go a long way.

Underwriting mortgages is not all the fame and glamour that you would think.

I have proven myself Y2K compliant.

I am a good listener.

I can set ignition timing by ear.

I prefer to be brutally honest, although not everyone prefers to hear it.

I give killer backrubs.

Believe it or not, I have made a few mistakes in my lifetime.

I can beat Super Mario Brothers without warping.

My grandmother likes me.

I will always be a geek at heart.

I am striving to be a hopeless romantic.

I won our 4th grade spelling bee.

Ipve found college is much more worthwhile when you go.

I prefer keeping a quarter in my pocket to a cellphone.

I'm really just a general nice guy that likes to have fun.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world- Those that understand binary, and those who don't.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2005, 10:18 pm

I know this is online, but I am still shy about doing this... :oops: Anyway, here goes.

I am a 22 year old male, who lives in Monroe county Michigan and I am looking for female companionship. I don't care about age or appearances or ethnicity or anything of that sort.

I am open minded and loving, but not very outgoing....I am tall, overweight, and I have brown hair and blue eyes. Some consider me to be very intelligent.

I'm particularly looking for a romantic relationship, but I can use friends also. PM me if there is anything else you would like to know. :wink:

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2005, 5:43 pm

[b] :) my names berta and im a 20 yr old girl who live in norway.

i really just want to meet someone i can "talk" to online. like on messenger or something. i proably should post my picture or something but im kind of self-contious right now, but if u message me ill give you my picture.
i m really not lookin for uhm a boyfriend coz everyone on this site lives half across the world away from me but its fun to have ppl to talk to on messenger and in emails and it makes me feel less alone.
i usually attract the wrong type of guy but it might just be because im a sucker for attention, but then i get the wrong type of attention.
and because of that i currently have 1 friend who lives in a town 2 hours away from where i live. allthough he thinks we are dating, i want to hold on to him coz i have no other friends, and in my town i had 2 friends up until recently, they both left for other jobs.

so please feel free to private message me, i like talking, and i am very much alone right now.
did i mention i live in the middle of the woods. my town is sort of non-existant, and rather boring.
we can talk about anything really, but i really hoped i would find someone in this forum, coz it seems we would have alot (more) in common than the ppl i usually talk to on my computer late at night...

and i feel really at home here too, i feel accepted on this site, wich i dont alot of places.

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2005, 7:50 pm

berta wrote:
i proably should post my picture or something but im kind of self-contious right now, but if u message me ill give you my picture.
i m really not lookin for uhm a boyfriend coz everyone on this site lives half across the world away from me but its fun to have ppl to talk to on messenger and in emails and it makes me feel less alone.
i usually attract the wrong type of guy but it might just be because im a sucker for attention, but then i get the wrong type of attention.
so please feel free to private message me, i like talking, and i am very much alone right now.
and i feel really at home here too, i feel accepted on this site, wich i dont alot of places.

I know what you mean. I am reluctant to pics of myself anywhere too. I don't think much of my looks, though I have gotten attention before, but I don't when I do, its always someone else telling me, "hey she's giving you the eye" or whatever, others I was focused on someone else that did not want me and so was blind to any other choice at the time, and other times, like you, the ones I attract often seem the wrong kind. Aside from family, I do not currently have any regular interactions socially, so you may have one up on me there. I don't know about accepted. I don't feel connected to that term, but I don't seem to stand out as much here nor do my quirks, characteristics, mind, or traits seem so unusual here.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2005, 11:49 pm

I'm starting to think unhealthy levels of self-consciousness about looks are also symptoms of AS. All my life I've been horribly paranoid that my face was somehow deformed in some way that I just wasn't seeing. Even with people telling me that I look fine, there's always that nagging doubt. Whenever someone takes a second look at me, I always wonder if it's because I'm weird looking.

Maybe I'll post a picture of myself later...

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2005, 1:51 am

Anachronism - what a brilliant post! i am still laughing...!

:D

newal101587
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2005, 12:28 am

um hey i'm a 17 year old male from new orleans.....

i like smart, witty girls who enjoy talking about meaningful stuff

i guess that and being attractive (to me) is my only criteria......

but anyway i'd love to talk bc if i'm on i'm probably bored

oh ya and i think i have as ...not sure but i def have a few as traits...

lets see whatever just talk and get to know me-- its worth it

Anachronism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2005, 4:42 am

vetivert wrote:
Anachronism - what a brilliant post! i am still laughing...!

:D

:)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world- Those that understand binary, and those who don't.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 10:19 am

Hey newal, what's New Orleans like? I've always wanted to go there. Is it much like the stereotype they show on TV, or just a regular city?

millyfan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2005, 5:56 pm

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 803/544128 Although the glasses are photoshopped (I made the pic for my LJ friends) the rest is me.

I'm 21, female, female preferring celibate bi *coughcoughvirgincough*, in Southern California (send a message to me if you want to know where).

I'm a Christian, but I am not fundamentalist anymore (obviously, they'd kick me out :P). Politically, I'm a liberal Democrat (except for being consistently pro-life) and fairly outspoken about it.

I like writing, reading, food, travel, laughing at stupidity, humor, anime and manga, video games (mostly quirky type RPGs like EarthBound and Harvest Moon and Sims 2), and holding intelligent conversations online and offline. (If you write in netspeak/chatspeak, please don't bother talking to me: I find it very annoying). I like many other things, but those are high on my list.

I dislike stupid people (i.e. if your favorite word is "WHAZZUP!" or you think pouring gasoline on the ground and lighting it as you urinate on it is cool, you are stupid), netspeak, Mary Sues in fanfics or original fic, people trying to force their ideas or beliefs onto someone else, rabid Bush or Iraq war supporters, shallow people, and emotionally abusive people who think their whole identity is summed up in acting as if they have a constant case of PMS.

I'm also overweight and a slob. Oscar Madison has nothing on me for being able to turn a desk into a disaster zone in a week or less. ;)

If you still want to talk to me after all of that, I think I'd be very happy to meet you.

newal101587
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2005, 7:03 pm

hmm thats a tough one i'd say it's both....like on a day to day basis it's a regular city

but then on weekends and mardi gras (was 2 weeks ago) it gets pretty wild if you go to the right places

Specifically Bourbon street in the french quarter is the "stereotype" that you're probably thinking of

MichaelKnight
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2005, 11:32 am

well it sounds fun so i'll try. 20y/o white male, ~160 iq, living in montreal. I'm about 6'1, 175lbs, with black hair, an aspiring film director

(I could elaborate a lot on the relation between film and asperger but I'll shut up for now since I have to go plan something that I shoot later on today :? )

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2005, 4:40 pm

My name is Alex and iam 21(male) from Salt Lake City, Utah. I enjoy history, anthropology, sports, art, music(anything from opera to straight up gangsta rap). I have blonde hair green eyes at 5-7(half-irish,half-norwegian). Iam also very creative and funny. hit me up if ya wanna talk.

mentalman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2005, 9:57 pm

Hello All,

I'm a 21-year-old college student at the University of Montana's College of Technology in Missoula. I'm majoring in Computer Technology - Information Systems Management, and can talk your ear off about computers, open-source programs and operating systems, and troubleshooting computer systems if you'll let me. I am also interested in Geographic Information Systems, and intend to pursue a four-year-degree in Geography after I am finished with my two-year degree in Computer Technology.

I have quite a few friends that I see on a daily basis, but they are all male, or at least the ones my age are. There are also lots of girls that attend my college, but most are in different majors and the ones in my class I'm just too shy to say anything to.

I am a romantic at heart, and although I don't walk around saying things like, "Hi, I'm Andrew, I'm a Taurus, and I like long walks on the beach..." etc, I would love to have a female friend or girlfriend, just simply to talk to or see a movie with, anything really. I am a good listener and like to have long discussions about philosophy, politics, world issues, and other meaningful topics. I also give good hugs and massauges and compliments freely.

I don't watch TV, or keep up w/ the latest celebreties, soaps, TV series, fashion or sports trends, or other 'trendy' or 'cool' things that most guys are interested in, and couldn't care less about that stuff.

I'm very quiet and cautious, and may not always know the best things to say. I am usually kind of awkward on first conversations, especially with girls, but keep chipping away and I'll warm up pretty quickly. I will also watch all the 'sobby' movies that guys call 'chick flicks' and often prefer them to violent movies or shallow comedies.

I'm primarily looking for anybody in the Missoula area, but will talk to just about anybody via private message, MSN Messenger or e-mail. In terms of long-term relationships I'm looking for somebody who is outgoing and willing to kick me out of my shell, while being understanding about my obsession with computers and frequent absentmindedness.

Send me something if you're interested or just want to chat.

mentalman

einstein99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2005, 1:39 pm

Hi, my name is Cory, I'm almost 15 and I live in Washington State, U.S.A. I have a few doubts as to how this dating section of the website will work. With the internet you'll never see what the person looks like unless they send pictures, you'll never know if they're lying, the person you're dating might be on another continent, and it's nearly impossible to have an intimate relationship online. I mean you'll never be able to hold hands or kiss, things like that. If someone can think of a way to have a successful online relationship, I'm listening.
einstein99

ACG
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2005, 7:50 pm

Hi! My name is Andrew and I'm from Boston area. I'm Jewish and 33. Although my day job is a software engineer, I volunteer from time to time at the Harvard Center for Astrophysics and am in the process of inventing a new educational game. I've learned a great deal about personality typing, and I come out as an INTP on the Myers Briggs and Social 5w6 on the Enneagram. I like to travel, and have gone several 1500-2000 mile road trips by myself. I like virtually all kinds of science and have written several serious song and movie parodies.