Being In a Long Distance Relationship

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 1:33 am

How to make a LDR work? I know communication is important. My boyfriend lives in France. Does anyone know how to make a relationship work long distance?

MetalCloakJeep
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2024, 7:42 pm

My wife and I were long-distance for the first two years of our relationship.

We made it work by doing the same thing we do now, even though we have lived together for eight years. We had regular text messages or Facebook check-ups, Skype calls, and phone calls throughout the day, evenings, and weekends. On special occasions, we would take a flight to see each other.

It is easier now that we have been living together for a long time, but since we both work all day, most of the day hasn't changed that much. Our only time together is in the evenings and weekends. The rest of the time might as well be long distance.

Make communication a priority, as it should be in any relationship, and spend "quality" time together doing whatever you can do over long distances.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 8:28 pm

I don't know because all of my relationships were with either people who lived near me or people who live at the most 3 hours away in the same state

I have NEVER dated someone in a foreign country!

Can he come to live with you or vice-versa?

Is it possible to go to France?

Sending romantic letters through the mail is one of the easiest ways to keep a long-distance relationship alive and protect its integrity

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 8:48 am

I agree that Skype, Zoom and Facebook are good ways to keep a long distance relationship going.