Dating sites, girls in general - bad experience so far

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

daveybaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2008, 3:19 pm

Well, I tried a dating site and managed to get one of the girls on the phone with me, when she decided it was high time for a rejection. At the same time, my only girlfriend or what I guess I could call a girlfriend (or I suppose in reality it was just a fling) got a new boyfriend after only a couple of weeks after dumping the old one, and I missed my chance to meet up with her while she was single.

I must say, I felt quiet DEAD for a good 3 or so days there. There was also this girl being nice to me in class, but I sort of snubbed her as a result of my recent rejections, and when I called her recently to work on a group project, well, I left her a rather long and what I believe was weird message. I then text messaged her apologizing for the previous message, and now I look like a "STALKER", but she's still in my group and I have to see her tonight at class.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:23 pm

I recommend telling her how much you care, with a detailed essay showing how much you've been "noticing" her.

Last edited by Kalister1 on 11 Apr 2008, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveybaby

11 Apr 2008, 3:29 pm

Err.. if you're referring to the girl in class, well, um, I think the problem was I was talking to her TOO much. And I would I only snubbed her attempts at being my FRIEND (cause I seemed out of it and moody in class at the time because of the other girls) cause I was in no way a trusting mood at the moment. She didn't respond to my later phone message, where I honestly believe I sounded creepy because I was semi-out of it at that time too (was spending a lot of time asleep, and my mother told me I was slurring my words) and because I was grasping at her suggestion of friendship, and I am waaaaaay too easy to read, so it probably turned her off.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:36 pm

D'oh! :wall:

Sounds like you bungled that one. Time to move on. Understand that it is your attempts to make it better that actually makes it worse. Have you ever accidentally broken something and then tried to fix it? If you don't know what you're doing, you end up doing more and more damage. I have experience in the area of love, relationships and women and am quite happy to share it.

Before renouncing women and shaving your head, consider a more natural milieu than cyberspace. How about a school function or a wedding reception? Barn-dance?

daveybaby

11 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm

Yes, I am starting to realize that rejection is the mark of trying. However, I still need to do me a group project. I need advice.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
I recommend telling her how much you care, with a detailed essay showing you much you've been "noticing" her.

I think this is a sarcastic response. Just clarifying that for everyone here.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2008, 6:13 pm

Just leave her alone.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:55 pm

I would buy her flowers and give it to her in the middle of class. Make sure everyone is watching so they can remind her later how romantic your gesture was.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:58 pm

Hector wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
I recommend telling her how much you care, with a detailed essay showing you much you've been "noticing" her.

What?

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 7:08 pm

Hey move on.

Also just be friends with woman until you get to know them and they get to know you better.
Don't feel rejected when you have just met someone.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:12 pm

I have given up on dating sites. I am a full-time college student and 28 years old, and nobody on those sites will date me. The college-age people will not date me because they think anyone older than 22 is a "creepy old man", and the ones close to my age won't date me because of my school-related unemployment.

I don't meet anyone's extremely high standards on those sites, and any attempt to contact them would be considered stalking.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:31 pm

Dating sites? Well I've had an OKCupid for over a year, and it hasn't worked for me. I've messaged a few people to no avail. I've also tried Craigslist to no avail. I haven't tried in person much recently...since my last ex I've tried once and got rejected (even though I was very confident it would work out) and that was a couple months ago.
So, you're definitely not alone.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:33 pm

The things I see on the profiles on those sites are the reason I don't date NTs. Also, my first girlfriend, who was an NT, cheated on me.

My dating pool will be Aspies-only for an indefinite amount of time. They don't lie or cheat.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2008, 9:01 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
I would buy her flowers and give it to her in the middle of class. Make sure everyone is watching so they can remind her later how romantic your gesture was.
your a jerk dude.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:23 am

Kalister1 wrote:
Hector wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

What?

Well it's either sarcasm or just terrible advice, but to me it reads more like sarcasm.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:54 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have given up on dating sites. I am a full-time college student and 28 years old, and nobody on those sites will date me. The college-age people will not date me because they think anyone older than 22 is a "creepy old man", and the ones close to my age won't date me because of my school-related unemployment.

I don't meet anyone's extremely high standards on those sites, and any attempt to contact them would be considered stalking.

Yeah I know what you mean. Woman are really fickle. When I do the online dating thing, I wait for them to contact me and put a bit of effort into my msgs if their is anyone I'm interested in.

The problem with it is their are heaps of guys that just send out heaps of msgs. If you give them a brief msg it doesn't work, because they usually get heaps of brief msgs.

Hey I see it as there is no harm in putting a profile up at least.