Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Space
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 8:05 pm

Long story short, I need some encouragement to ask this girl out on thursday. I know she likes me and we've been hanging out, and I might not see her for a long time after this so I need to do it now. Encourage me in this thread, I will go do it, and then tell you how it turns out. :D

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 8:22 pm

Go for it!
The worst thing that could happen is you could be humiliated, and that's survivable.
The best thing?

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 8:25 pm

Do it, do it, do it to it.

Regret sucks, I still remember and dream about my first love, and how I made the mistake of saying "no..."

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 8:35 pm

Yeah, do it! The worst thing that could happen is you'll end up exactly where you are now - no girl, plus you could feel foolish. The reward could vastly outweigh the risk.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2008, 9:33 pm

Go for it man, let us know how it goes! :D

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 9:46 pm

nothing ventured, nothing gained. Be cool and casual. If she says yes, that's cool. If she says no, then don't take it personally. Plenty more around.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2008, 10:43 pm

I'll be wishing you the best!

What's normal anyway?

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 10:51 pm

what are you man? a fighter or a sissy? now go out and dont be afraid to tell your thoughts!

;)
best of luck, mate.

Aranittara
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2008, 5:00 am

pakled wrote:
nothing ventured, nothing gained. Be cool and casual. If she says yes, that's cool. If she says no, then don't take it personally. Plenty more around.

That is a wierd comment IMHO it almost implies that all women are the same but not quite

Space
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 4:06 pm

Ok, today was our last day of class together, and we walked out of class together talking like usual, and I ask her if she wants to go for coffee, she says yes. So we go get drinks and sit and chat for awhile about different stuff, and I ask her what she's doing next week and if she wants to do something, so she gave me her number and I said I'd call her. Things were going smooth and I didn't use the word date, but she knows what's going on. To be sure, when I do something with her next week I'll make sure and be clear that I want to date her, which I am pretty sure she understands (she is NT not AS after all). So things look good, I hope we can have lots of good times together 8) At least I know things can only get better from the last relationship I had :lol:

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 4:45 pm

nice! Best of luck dude! Keep us posted.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 5:32 pm

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:28 pm

Cool, hope everything goes well.:)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:33 pm

You're in, man! Congrats, the hard part is over. :D

And yes, keep us posted. Every dirty detail. Eff a soap-opera, real life is so much more interesting! :lol:

Space
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 9:31 pm

Ok well I had my first date with her on friday. I will start by mentioning that I do not drink or use drugs, and I consider myself a recovering alcoholic. So I went to her place to meet her, and go out to an improv comedy show. She is doing shots of sourpuss (it's sweet liquor) when I come in... she offers me some, and I decline saying that I don't drink. We had fun playing guitar hero for awhile, and then we go to see the show. She sneaks in alcohol in her purse to fill her cup up during the show, and gets increasingly drunk. She also kept pressing me to have a drink, but I explained why I don't drink and she stopped. I didn't like the fact that she was drunk or talking through the whole show, but the attention was nice. So we go back to her place at like 1 am, and basically we end up making out a little... and then she goes upstairs to the bathroom. I come up, and she is on all fours over the toilet puking up blue booze.... I try and help her, and get her to bed, but she is too smashed. She ended up on the floor face down in the fetal position... incoherent. I try to help her... but she is too messed up. It was 2am by this point, and I literally had a final exam at 9:00 AM that day so I had to go home and get some sleep.... I have such bad luck with women. My last girlfriend was alcoholic and basically insane. Now this one pukes on our first date... The messed up thing is, I still want to see her again. I really like her, but I have a feeling she is just bad news and will only bring me more pain. She said she doesn't drink much... which is good, and would explain why she puked... but if she is a party girl then it really won't work. It is tough being a young guy with AS and a recovering alcoholic. I hope we can have a relationship, but that is a very bad start and my friends think I am insane if I go out with her again.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2008, 9:45 pm

The important thing is you handled yourself well, and conducted yourself with dignity. Don't let the fact that she messed up discourage you from trying again.