Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

So.

The word on the street is that the girl I've my eye on, so to speak, broke up with her boyfriend (who was, in a l truthfulness, not a good guy) today.

The prom is two weeks from now. He was going to go with her, but now that he's out of the picture (supposedly), she's not going with anyone (i.e., there will be other people in her group, but she won't be part of a couple.)

Now, she and I happen to be good friends, and it's an open secret of sorts that I like her. There's an open seat in the limousine that she and her friends are taking to prom.

It may soon be mine.

Part of me seriously expects her to ask me out; I actually did ask her to prom before (sort of; I asked her if she'd consider it.) The other part is sure that what I've heard is wrong, despite the fact that the source of this information is solid. Truth be told, though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, and I dare not ask her out myself; it would make me look quite the fool if my "intel" is bad.

What do you guys and gals think?

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 3:21 pm

If you're good friends, it should be easy to just ask her what her plans for prom are now. If she still has a date she should mention it. If she doesn't seem to have a date, just let her know that you're still available if she wants a date for a prom. Just act casual about it.

Don't count on her to ask you. Those odds will not be in your favor.
Good luck.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/