What is the AS trait you have that people find sexy?

Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 9:11 am

I've been told that my mad genius streak is apparently somewhat attractive, but my overweight status and certain common AS drawbacks overrule that (in other words, I still haven't gotten into a relationsihp yet)

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 10:11 am

I'm told that I have an "intense" gaze when I make eye contact.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 10:23 am

My first (+ only) girlfriend told me she liked the way I didn't come on to her, and just seemed confident being there on my own. I'd just got no hopes of pulling so it would never of occurred to me. In fact the first few hours we were together I was thinking "Who is this thoroughly wasted girl, and what does she want with me? How do I get away from her?" weird, but we spent a year together, kind of. Mostly in different countries. I got too clingy. She dumped me. I found out about A.S.. Not going to make the mistake of letting another person become an obsession again.

Otherwise it's been my intelligence, honesty or faithfulness.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 10:29 am

I can't think of anything attractive that I could connect to my AS. There's intelligence/honesty/faithfulness/maturity, but you don't need to have AS to possess these characteristics. I suppose I can look sort of naive or childish at times but I don't think that's supposed to be attractive in men.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 11:40 am

Nothing

Sarcastic_Name
Fumigated With Boredom
Fumigated With Boredom

14 Apr 2008, 12:17 pm

I have a tendency to connect well with other weird peole, at least half the people I know are dx'd with something, or should be. I don't know where my humor comes from, but I know that's the best thing I've got going for me right now.

cd1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2008, 1:50 pm

Honesty. I have no use for lying to people - mostly because I don't care about the social games NTs do. Women dig honesty. Plus I call when I say I will.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 4:26 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I have a tendency to connect well with other weird peole, at least half the people I know are dx'd with something, or should be. I don't know where my humor comes from, but I know that's the best thing I've got going for me right now.

I forgot to put that in my list. I too feel I connect well with....I think I'd use the word eccentric or different. I feel the same way myself.

jason_b1980
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2008, 7:50 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Alot of people,for some strange reason,think that my "naivity"(sp?) is cute.

-SpaceCase

In some ways I like naivness, it makes girls seem cute and innocent (which is what I like), but in other ways, it can be a real pain in the butt. The naive girls that I've met (that I might have had a chance to date) were clueless to some of the things happening around them. For instance, they would have a bunch of guys chasing them around, trying to "hook up with them" or whatever. They thought of them as "friends", and didn't see anything wrong with it, when the guys actually had other intentions...very irritating. I more or less quit talking to them, because I hate competing for someones attention. End of rant :D

Anyways, I've been told I'm cute, funny, and really nice, but sometimes I think that you have to be a prick to get any women...you know, the whole confidence thing.

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2008, 8:24 pm

you've all had time to explore your autistic traits and adapt to them I guess, because i'm 19 and nobody has ever told me something I do is attractive. I'll let you all know if that has changed 10 years from now.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:36 pm

^ Not really I was diagnosed 2 years ago. In fact I prefer to look at the question as what do think ppl would find in you that's attractive.

I don't know that well so I just guessed. I think a lot of us have. That would be generalizing if you said we all have.....as I still don't understand my traits even now or the social cues.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:38 pm

My honesty and purity

Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:42 pm

I don't have any traits that people find sexy. :?

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2008, 8:44 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
^ Not really I was diagnosed 2 years ago. In fact I prefer to look at the question as what do think ppl would find in you that's attractive.

I don't know that well so I just guessed. I think a lot of us have. That would be generalizing if you said we all have.....as I still don't understand my traits even now or the social cues.

I'm sorry, I explained that badly. I meant adapt tthem to your advantage through trial and error.

I don't think I could guess at it either though. Anything I say would be speculative. Nobody tells me when i'm doing something attractive, or unattractive, occasionally people tell me when i'm annoying them. I've never had a relationship, honestly I have no clue what people think of me.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:56 pm

^ alright I can relate to that. I think a lot of it was guessing on my part :oops:
I wouldn't even know if it would relate to aspie traits or not. Didn't mean to misconstrue. I just don't like it when one generalizes about other ppl.