Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If you were going to date someone from a different race, what would you prefer?
I'm a white woman and I would prefer a black man. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
I'm a white woman and I would prefer an asian man. 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
I'm a black woman and I would prefer an white man. 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
I'm a black woman and I would prefer an asian man 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I'm an asian woman and would prefer a white man 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
I'm an asian women and would prefer a black man 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a white man and I would prefer a black woman 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
I'm a white man and I would prefer a asian woman 53%  53%  [ 61 ]
I'm a black man and I would prefer a white woman 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
I'm a black man and I would prefer a asian woman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a asian man and I would prefer a white woman 11%  11%  [ 13 ]
I'm an asian man and I would prefer a black woman 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 115

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 12:59 am

Either an Asian man or an African American man. Thy are both so much more attractive than Caucasian men.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 6:37 pm

Back in Turkey for a week and my fetish for Middle Eastern women is confirmed again... They are so drop dead gorgeous :) If I walk down the Istikal Caddesi once more (that is where all uni student girls go out) I will get a bit horny :oops:

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 7:19 pm

Middle East is a bit of a gloss no? In general Turkish women seem to be much prettier than Arab women IMO.

LILI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Aug 2008, 10:19 pm

I am half asian - half white. I am attracted to men of all races, especially if they look exotic and unique.
I wish there were extra categories in this poll for mix people.

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2009, 5:23 am

I am black and I can honestly state that I have absolutely no racial preferences whatsoever.

Why, why do people bind themselves so with discriminatory things such as preference based on race/nationality/skin color/economic standing/earning potential/material posessions/physical features/etc.?
And they say love is blind... BS, more like love has perfect 20/20 vision.

I can also honestly state that I desire only three things in a woman: independence, intellect, and maturity - three traits that (according to my 5+ years worth of research & observations) the vast majority of women within the United States of Stupidity simply do not have. Not that it matters much to me though, I'm not even looking for a significant other - the search just isn't worth all the trouble, and I have better things to do anyway.

Last edited by EnigmaticPhilosophy on 15 Sep 2009, 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2009, 3:26 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Too few options.

^THIS

I actually go by the person not the hypothetical race. My gf is half-Japanese and half-Irish and if you'd asked me a year before we met if that mix would interest me I'd have had no idea what I wanted - it just happened the way it did and that's fine.

And for what it's worth, although it's ok to like what you like, it is a fetish to only go for someone of another race just because they're from another race.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 4:25 am

White women only.

Asian women like me, but dunno, they just don't do it for me. The body type, mental capacity and interests are there, but there is something about white women.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2009, 6:25 am

I'm a white guy and I only go for black girls. In fact, the girl I describe in my threads is black.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 11:59 am

spudnik wrote:
Hey where's my race, I am not white, black, asian, or south asian :(
You're a white bunny rabbit... You can come and live with me. :lol:

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 1:30 pm

I'm not biased toward (or against) any race. That said, though: aesthetically, I'm only attracted to pale guys.

Here's the thing that most folks (NTs?) can't seem to wrap their brains around: there are loads of people I find attractive, but I'm not *attracted to* them. I can look objectively at a guy (or a girl) and think, "Wow, he's (or she's) really hot!" - from a purely aesthetic standpoint, yet feel no "romantic" or sexual attraction to that person whatsoever. Does that make sense?

I *do* find men of other ethnicities (including males of mixed race) extremely appealing, but the ones in question are always pale or light-skinned (Keanu Reeves, Jason Momoa, loads of Japanese J-Rock and Visual Kei dudes, half-African-American/half Caucasian guys with light, creamy skin and pale grey or blue eyes, etc., etc., come immediately to mind). I've been pegged as a racist in the past because of this, though, and that couldn't be further from the truth. :evil: :cry:

~Steve Jobs

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 3:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
And there's no option for Hispanics, either. (where I am, they're almost the majority)

According to the way that the US government tabulates things, Hispanics are an ethnicity, and not a race. Hispanic just means someone whose ancestry at some point either came from Spain or the Spanish-speaking countries of America. The Census Bureau tabulates most Mexicans as White Hispanics (although, yes, most are racially mixed).

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 11:55 am

Interesting poll :)

I took the time to create a similar one on PollDaddy...

http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/1996543/

I also created a thread on dA linking to it, so there will probably be more and more answers as time goes on :wink:

Persephoneia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2009, 1:21 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
^Not true since I honestly voted.

...I think this thread started off with a fairly legitimate question with fair enough posts but now I think it's getting just a tad offensive. Maybe it's just me so don't ya'll get angry but with some of the responses espeacially by the women, isn't that being just a bit sexist or oops I said the wrong word.....stereotypical.

Why would it be so surprising for a girl to be attracted to races outside her own besides black?

The theories are interesting but they are not well-reasoned conclusions and come off as a bit....shall I say the word...racist rather than culturalist.

Long-time lurker; first-time poster.

But, yes. What she said. :/

Also, like some of the other "mixed-breeds" have posted, I find members of many races and breeds attractive. For me, exotic or different is key (second to intellect and personality, of course). I just happen to date more white men than anything else because of the demographics of my locale.

I'm slightly offended by some of the comments in this thread; however, everyone has the right to their own opinions, and I respect that. Just be careful to not stereotype different people. For instance, not every Japanese girl watches anime and giggles like a freak, and not every black woman has a huge butt and so on.

Daniel09
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2009, 2:24 pm

I can't vote because I'm a male that prefers males, but if I dated another race, it would probably more likely be Asian or Black. I don't really base attractiveness off race, probably considering I'm so mixed that I don't have a definite race, though you could say I'm predominantly white. I'm mostly European, but my family history only traces back so far, including French, Irish, Canadian, Native American, German, and more.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Sep 2009, 11:58 pm

Ehh, I'm an asian guy and I find white men attractive. 8O Just aesthetically though, as all ethnicities are beautiful on the inside but I can't help how I feel for white boys :3

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 12:06 am

computerlove wrote:

LePetitPrince wrote:

My preference goes towards asian (japanese) women.