The truth about attraction and love.

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 1:30 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I actually thing guys should work on their sense of humour rather than trying to be act tough.

Women really love funny guys, entertainment value...etc.

Now that is untrue. There are many times I crack jokes, and I never try to come across as tough (unless someone is being tough towards me), and I have never had a girlfriend...

Um, not to be mean or anything, but maybe your jokes just suck...

And even if you're funny, if you're a total jerk, then it doesn't matter.

-Me and Schuyler

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:23 pm

TutuFairy wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I actually thing guys should work on their sense of humour rather than trying to be act tough.

Now that is untrue. There are many times I crack jokes, and I never try to come across as tough (unless someone is being tough towards me), and I have never had a girlfriend...

Not to be mean or anything,but maybe you are whore wannabe? Maybe the guy is suffering from genetic obesity and he's finding hard to lose weight? Or maybe because he's a male aspie and suffering from lack of social skills which is very required for guys to initiate a relation? maybe you don't know that this is an Autism forum?
Stop judging people without even knowing them face-to-face and without even being in their shoes.

Sense of humor is never a sufficient factor for success, just a tiny bonus.

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:30 pm

What the hell are you talking about? I never said anything about the guy. We weren't talking about obesity or anything personal. And what exactly makes me a "whore wannabe"? That doesn't have anything to do with what even you were saying. I never judged anybody either. You are the one judging me right now. Seriously. If you want to try to insult me, at least have it make sense. You're just making yourself look dumb and hypocritical.

So you automatically refer to obesity as a bad thing? Some people like it. Really, you were just insulting him yourself whether you meant to or not.

-Me and Schuyler

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 3:43 pm

^^ He knows very well that obesity is a negative trait, he's not idiot. the 'Some people' covers only a very tiny part of population (maybe barely 1%?) ,like it or not.

Funny that I knew a coworker that she has a very fat fiancee and I swear that she told me once:" honestly,I don't like fat guys. Unfortunately my fiancee is fat", she said it with an obvious disappointed face!

You are the one who were insulting him by assuming that he's a bad joker and probably a jerk.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 7:14 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
TutuFairy wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:

Not to be mean or anything,but maybe you are whore wannabe? Maybe the guy is suffering from genetic obesity and he's finding hard to lose weight? Or maybe because he's a male aspie and suffering from lack of social skills which is very required for guys to initiate a relation? maybe you don't know that this is an Autism forum?
Stop judging people without even knowing them face-to-face and without even being in their shoes.

Sense of humor is never a sufficient factor for success, just a tiny bonus.

Usually when somebody says "not to be mean or anything" or "I don't want sound offensive" means that they are going to say something mean or offensive. :lol:

Humour has to be taylored to your audience, people find different things funny, so if you say the right jokes to a certain person it works, if you say jokes that people don't find funny it can completely backfire.

LPP I'd disagree with you on sense of humor, people really do love funny people, so I see it as a way to improve social skills and also to cover bad social skills.

Diamond_Head
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2008, 3:13 am

Quote:
Not to be mean or anything,but maybe you are whore wannabe?

LePetitPrince - Whatever the qualities that generate attraction and masculinity may be, calling women whores isn't one of them.

Let's try to refrain from that in the future.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 12:52 pm

Meh.....like I am gonna marry a girl on this forum.... don't worry, she's too wannabe , she's not even close to the required level of bastardness.

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 1:04 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ He knows very well that obesity is a negative trait, he's not idiot. the 'Some people' covers only a very tiny part of population (maybe barely 1%?) ,like it or not.

Funny that I knew a coworker that she has a very fat fiancee and I swear that she told me once:" honestly,I don't like fat guys. Unfortunately my fiancee is fat", she said it with an obvious disappointed face!

You are the one who were insulting him by assuming that he's a bad joker and probably a jerk.

I never said he was a jerk. Or a bad joker. I said maybe that was why they didn't care for his jokes. The jerk part was also an entirely different point, hence the space in between. It's okay. I wouldn't marry you, no matter how much I was paid. :P I do appreciate the fact that you are saying I'm not a whore and a bastard though. :wink:

Thank you Diamond Head. :D

MR_BOGAN: Yes, it usually does mean that, and I apologize for it coming across that way. I really wasn't serious though. I guess I am one of the few people who actually means it when they say the don't want to sound mean...

-Me and Schuyler

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:07 pm

TutuFairy wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

I never said he was a jerk. Or a bad joker. I said maybe that was why they didn't care for his jokes. The jerk part was also an entirely different point, hence the space in between. It's okay. I wouldn't marry you, no matter how much I was paid. :P I do appreciate the fact that you are saying I'm not a whore and a bastard though. :wink:

Thank you Diamond Head. :D

MR_BOGAN: Yes, it usually does mean that, and I apologize for it coming across that way. I really wasn't serious though. I guess I am one of the few people who actually means it when they say the don't want to sound mean...

Quote:
I do appreciate the fact that you are saying I'm not a whore and a bastard though.

Yes, i meant it as bastard/b***h/jerk and not literally as whore (as someone who do sex for money).

Quote:
It's okay.

Quote:

Nah, it's ok, My avatar is Link ,so I can't be that mad on a girl nicknamed Fairy afterall. =D

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:12 pm

I don't think you really understood what I was saying, but that's okay. haha

I'm really not sure if that was an attempted diss, but if it was, I guess I'll let it slide. :wink:

-Me and Schuyler

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:20 pm

TutuFairy wrote:
I don't think you really understood what I was saying, but that's okay. haha

I certainly understood what you were saying.

Quote:
I'm really not sure if that was an attempted diss, but if it was, I guess I'll let it slide. :wink:

No, I am much more direct than that, if I was attempting to diss you then I would insult you directly. ;)

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:22 pm

Oh why, thank you for your honesty/courtesy. :wink:

-Me and Schuyler

Last edited by TutuFairy on 22 Jul 2008, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:27 pm

^^you're most welcomed.;)
PS:I suggest to wink less frequently because pakled might get jealous. ;)

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:29 pm

Actually, I quite like the winky face and plan on using it much more in the future. ;)

-Me and Schuyler

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 2:46 am

Born and raised on Kauai until the age of 23, then lived on the Big Island until I was 26. Now living on the mainland. There is some truth to the poster's posts, but, for the most part, they are subjective experiences colored by an individual perspective. My experience of Kauai was the complete opposite of the original post. He is not lying, he is only stating his personal experience. Mine just happened to be the opposite.

I go back often, I hang out with lifelong friends who will never leave the island, and I still do not feel like I belong. There are no universal rules to life, attraction, or love (perhaps that is the only rule; that there will be differences no matter what. A paradox indeed). There are only stories which happen within the entire spectrum of experiences. No matter where you go, there can be no absolutes. You will find the range of human experiences within any community. The lonely person; the madman; the overachiever; the slacker; the ladies man; the loner; the guy without looks who gets all the ladies; the guy with looks who cannot land a date; and on and on; forever and ever.

We can only perceive life as WE experience it. We can "imagine" the life of others, but we can never truly understand their subjective experiences. All we can do is be aware that their are different life experiences that we can never completely understand.

"The world of the happy man is different from the world of the unhappy man"
~Wittgenstein

For me, happy and attractive can be interchanged; along with another of different adjectives. Looks, personality, money, etc. The only constant is that the un-attractive/unhappy man will surely experience a completely different life than the attractive/happy man.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 6:17 am

jonathan79 wrote:
Born and raised on Kauai until the age of 23, then lived on the Big Island until I was 26. Now living on the mainland. There is some truth to the poster's posts, but, for the most part, they are subjective experiences colored by an individual perspective. My experience of Kauai was the complete opposite of the original post. He is not lying, he is only stating his personal experience. Mine just happened to be the opposite.

I go back often, I hang out with lifelong friends who will never leave the island, and I still do not feel like I belong. There are no universal rules to life, attraction, or love (perhaps that is the only rule; that there will be differences no matter what. A paradox indeed). There are only stories which happen within the entire spectrum of experiences. No matter where you go, there can be no absolutes. You will find the range of human experiences within any community. The lonely person; the madman; the overachiever; the slacker; the ladies man; the loner; the guy without looks who gets all the ladies; the guy with looks who cannot land a date; and on and on; forever and ever.

We can only perceive life as WE experience it. We can "imagine" the life of others, but we can never truly understand their subjective experiences. All we can do is be aware that their are different life experiences that we can never completely understand.

"The world of the happy man is different from the world of the unhappy man"
~Wittgenstein

For me, happy and attractive can be interchanged; along with another of different adjectives. Looks, personality, money, etc. The only constant is that the un-attractive/unhappy man will surely experience a completely different life than the attractive/happy man.

This is the smartest post ever.