The 1992 "Girls Guide to Geek (read: aspie!) Guys

Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rynok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2008, 10:40 pm

Plenty of geeks online. The good ones you probably won't find at conventions anyways, so no worries. (They've been shunned so much previously they wouldn't dare go). Plus, taking your computer to the book store or whatever, that's like talking on the cell phone. No-one is going to approach you when your busily engaged doing something else for fear of interrupting you.

It's ok though, it's just as hard meeting a nice geeky girl :P Same reasons.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 1:07 am

Rynok wrote:
LePetitPrince is the awesome!

What the hell happened? I go post some rants over on the PPR forum for a while to give you guys a break, and now everyone loves LPP?

That said:
Quote:
Real Life, also known as "that big room with the ceiling that is sometimes blue and sometimes black with little lights"

:lol: :lmao:

Ok, I'm done being funny for now...

LILI wrote:
sadly, i am not enough of a star trek fan, so u won't see me at the next convention to find my perfect geek. or maybe i should make an effort :D

I personally am a Trek fan, and I will probably never go to a convention. If you go to a convention, you'll just find the scary people, like the ones that take Trek as if it were the inerrant Word of God and wear Starfleet uniforms in public...

If you want to find the "perfect geek", look at any university that has "Institute of Technology" in the name... If you're too old for college age (or even graduate age) people, look in the IT department where you work. IT guys bring in huge amounts of money, and most of them are single...

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2008, 5:12 am

I'm too scared to, and when i do i don't find any woman that like nerdy guys. They all seem to like the dumb and hunky ones which means i never get a look in.

LILI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Rynok wrote:
LePetitPrince is the awesome!

What the hell happened? I go post some rants over on the PPR forum for a while to give you guys a break, and now everyone loves LPP?

That said:
Quote:
Real Life, also known as "that big room with the ceiling that is sometimes blue and sometimes black with little lights"

:lol: :lmao:

Ok, I'm done being funny for now...

LILI wrote:
sadly, i am not enough of a star trek fan, so u won't see me at the next convention to find my perfect geek. or maybe i should make an effort :D

I personally am a Trek fan, and I will probably never go to a convention. If you go to a convention, you'll just find the scary people, like the ones that take Trek as if it were the inerrant Word of God and wear Starfleet uniforms in public...

If you want to find the "perfect geek", look at any university that has "Institute of Technology" in the name... If you're too old for college age (or even graduate age) people, look in the IT department where you work. IT guys bring in huge amounts of money, and most of them are single...

Funny that you mention this... for financial reasons, I just signed up for a gym close to home, which is 100$ a month cheaper than the one I used to go to. the new gym happens to be a the local engineering university, l'École de technologie supérieure, which means geek heaven :P too bad i may be a bit too old for the guys there, unless they are grad students... :cry:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 7:29 pm

WaxDeejay wrote:
Why Geek Dudes Rule:

1. They are generally available.
2. Other women will tend not to steal them.
3. They can fix things.
4. Your parents will love them.
5. They're smart.

1. Availability may conflict with the release of the latest Linux distro, Nvidia graphics board, Windows/Mac OS version, Playstation/XBox/Wii/PS3 feature, or X-Men/Tomb Raider/GTA/whatever video or video game.

2. Other women may tend to wonder why you're so happy with such a geek, even if you can dress him right and teach him a few table manners.

3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?

4. Your parents will love anyone who will keep you happy, pay your bills, and keep you from moving back in with them.

5. Smart enough to hook up with you, but not so smart that they think they could ever do better.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2008, 12:23 am

Lol yeah. Hot women can hook up with geeky, submissive dudes just for the purpose of turning them into their own personal pet to do chores, fix things, and make money.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 6:39 am

Fnord wrote:
3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?

Well... yeah, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2008, 6:48 am

Also I'm an aspie guy and I'm terrible at fixing things...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:59 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:

??? 8O ???

I'll be right over...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 5:17 pm

Not that all of the most attractive women are like that, but the reasons stated in earlier posts are part of the reason I don't even try with those women. Women that are too superficial to look beyond social stereotypes and see and respect me for being me aren't worth my time or effort.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 1:56 am

LILI wrote:
Funny that you mention this... for financial reasons, I just signed up for a gym close to home, which is 100$ a month cheaper than the one I used to go to. the new gym happens to be a the local engineering university, l'École de technologie supérieure, which means geek heaven :P too bad i may be a bit too old for the guys there, unless they are grad students... :cry:

If you meet any grad students from the university that work out there, that's probably the trifecta of a good man to be with. If they work out, that means they recognize that there is an image to keep up. Being a grad student at a college means that they're probably going to make good money, and they're serious about the subject material (in undergrad you get people that just go to college because it's "the thing to do" and whatnot). Finally, you get a man that knows his technical stuff...

Social_Fantom wrote:
Not that all of the most attractive women are like that, but the reasons stated in earlier posts are part of the reason I don't even try with those women. Women that are too superficial to look beyond social stereotypes and see and respect me for being me aren't worth my time or effort.

Amen to that...

LILI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2008, 8:52 pm

Not all women like superficial things in men. In the end, most women I know just want somebody who loves them, treats them with respect, and challenges them intellectually. Certainly, looks are important when it comes to physical attraction, but beauty is subjective and once you know someone better, that person can become more and more beautiful.

You guys should not hesitate to approach girls even if you find them 'too beautiful' or if they may appear superficial. they may surprise you. you can never tell if she will be attracted to you or not unless you try....

by the way, how come i don't see more women participating in this thread? aren't more attracted to geeks?

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 10:34 pm

LILI wrote:
You guys should not hesitate to approach girls even if you find them 'too beautiful' or if they may appear superficial. they may surprise you. you can never tell if she will be attracted to you or not unless you try....

Many guys on WP have approached women with this in mind and been rejected numerous times. Yes, there's the chance, but it's not a very good chance... it's a bit like gambling. There has to be more strategy than just approaching whoever you find attractive.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:

??? 8O ???

I'll be right over...

You can do all that? 8O

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

breakfastsurreal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2008, 11:28 am

reasons why i chose my geeky husband:

1. They are generally available. true. he was never too busy for me.
2. Other women will tend not to steal them. true. This was a huge factor for me because I have major trust issues and bad experience with "normal" guys, and my own self-esteem issues and ideas that I am not "good enough" to boot. I figure if I am the semi-hot chick going for the slightly below average guy who tells me that I am too hot for him, constantly, that he will never ever cheat on me.
3. They can fix things. to an extent. he's great with computers but ask him to put furniture together and you're out of luck!
4. Your parents will love them. yes and no. Not at first. He wasn't good enough for their daughter...he was too blunt and honest around them, and it caused them to think that he must treat me badly at home. Not true, he just treats me exactly the same no matter who is around, and if that means he is pissed off at me then he will yell at me. They understand this about him now, and see that he has done a wonderful job of providing and taking care of me, so they don't get upset with that anymore.
5. They're smart. I LOVE this about him. And I love it even more because he brings home 6 figures. I don't have to work, which decreases my stress level a LOT.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 1:46 pm

breakfastsurreal wrote:
reasons why i chose my geeky husband:

5. They're smart. I LOVE this about him. And I love it even more because he brings home 6 figures. I don't have to work, which decreases my stress level a LOT.

So that's the secret love potion and the only hope for geeky guys. Come on geekies ....move your lazy asses and go work hard as hell to become CEOs , GMs or highest senior managers at least.