Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?

Well... yeah, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?

??? 8O ???

I'll be right over...

You can do all that? 8O

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

breakfastsurreal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2008, 11:28 am

reasons why i chose my geeky husband:

1. They are generally available. true. he was never too busy for me.
2. Other women will tend not to steal them. true. This was a huge factor for me because I have major trust issues and bad experience with "normal" guys, and my own self-esteem issues and ideas that I am not "good enough" to boot. I figure if I am the semi-hot chick going for the slightly below average guy who tells me that I am too hot for him, constantly, that he will never ever cheat on me.
3. They can fix things. to an extent. he's great with computers but ask him to put furniture together and you're out of luck!
4. Your parents will love them. yes and no. Not at first. He wasn't good enough for their daughter...he was too blunt and honest around them, and it caused them to think that he must treat me badly at home. Not true, he just treats me exactly the same no matter who is around, and if that means he is pissed off at me then he will yell at me. They understand this about him now, and see that he has done a wonderful job of providing and taking care of me, so they don't get upset with that anymore.
5. They're smart. I LOVE this about him. And I love it even more because he brings home 6 figures. I don't have to work, which decreases my stress level a LOT.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 1:46 pm

breakfastsurreal wrote:

5. They're smart. I LOVE this about him. And I love it even more because he brings home 6 figures. I don't have to work, which decreases my stress level a LOT.

So that's the secret love potion and the only hope for geeky guys. Come on geekies ....move your lazy asses and go work hard as hell to become CEOs , GMs or highest senior managers at least.

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2008, 1:47 pm

Im already a GM...i play dungeons and dragons a lot... :D

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

Being a GM in a game won't bring you 6 figures goof ....unless if you become a GM in Wizards of the Coast.

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2008, 2:06 pm

Man, so I'm doubly screwed. I can't handle any job that can pull down six figures due to stress. :( I do OK, but nowhere near six figures.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 2:34 pm

LILI wrote:
Not all women like superficial things in men. In the end, most women I know just want somebody who loves them, treats them with respect, and challenges them intellectually.

On one hand, none of the women I see on a daily basis at college match this description but on the other hand, they are just out of high school after all. :?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 2:37 pm

Funaho wrote:
Man, so I'm doubly screwed. I can't handle any job that can pull down six figures due to stress. :( I do OK, but nowhere near six figures.

[LePetitPrince in woman mode] Hey , you are 35 years old and can't get 6 figures yet?! That's wrong , wrong, go dig some gold! What a geeky guy can have an attractive trait other than 6 figures salary??? hmmm , let me think about it ....none! I am a typical woman and I have a lot of *needs* that should be provided by 6 figures ! My monthly shopping alone need a fortune , you know!
...and I am not ready to work with you , I can't handle stress that much...I can barely take stress of taking care of my nails and managing maids in the house...oh dear! You are not the right one for me......NEXT![/LePetitPrince in woman mode]

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 3:23 pm

LILI wrote:
In the end, most women I know just want somebody who loves them, treats them with respect, and challenges them intellectually.

In other words, somebody who has a good income, or at least good earning prospects in the near future.

LILI wrote:
by the way, how come i don't see more women participating in this thread? aren't more attracted to geeks?

Obviously because females don't want geeks! (Unless said geeks have enough money to compensate for being one.)

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2008, 3:35 pm

There isn't much woman in this thread because woman only want hunky guys with figure salaries and don't want us cultured geeks smelling up the room. And yes i have issues with woman...

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 5:10 pm

Only people of lots of money have the right to be cultured. End of story.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 5:43 pm

On first page I posted:

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
5. They're smart.

Only if they make good money from their 'smartness'.

and few pages later someone approves my theory.

breakfastsurreal wrote:

You now know why they call me the wise prince?

breakfastsurreal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2008, 6:40 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
breakfastsurreal wrote:

So that's the secret love potion and the only hope for geeky guys. Come on geekies ....move your lazy asses and go work hard as hell to become CEOs , GMs or highest senior managers at least.

Just to clarify, he didn't have a job when we met, that isn't WHY I picked him. We are both aspies...i am the one who has trouble keeping jobs, so it does help me to feel secure that he doesn't have this problem. He enjoys what he does and enjoys working, and I enjoy that I don't have that pressure on me and can stay home and raise our child and give her my full attention. All I ever knew I wanted to do "when I grow up" was to be a wife and a mom..I am not living off him for a free ride, I am doing what I want to do, and he supports me in that. He would much rather me be at home with the baby than working, because I keep the house together also. He can't clean anything to save his life. It works for us, and we are both happy.

breakfastsurreal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2008, 6:42 pm

also, it's not about the money. He didn't make that much until probably a year ago. It's about security and feeling stable enough to be able to provide a good life for your family. I've been on both sides of the tracks and it is simply easier when you don't have to make the decision about whether to pay your car insurance or the cable bill.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 7:16 pm

^^ Oh please, don't spoil our newly discovered love potion with your justifications.....maybe you didn't pick him for money in the first place but you obviously love him more now because he's making 6 figures. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong about that ...this is the right track for evolution!

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2008, 11:24 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ Oh please, don't spoil our newly discovered love potion with your justifications.....maybe you didn't pick him for money in the first place but you obviously love him more now because he's making 6 figures. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong about that ...this is the right track for evolution!

Well that explains why my genetic line is doomed to extinction then.

(yes, in a crappy mood, just got back from an office party full of disappointment again.)