The 1992 "Girls Guide to Geek (read: aspie!) Guys

Page 3 of 6 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rynok
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 446

25 Aug 2008, 10:27 pm

Did you not read the article? Haha.
They wouldn't be geeky if they left their hiding place and went to the bars and clubs like most do :P



LILI
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 130

25 Aug 2008, 10:36 pm

LOL!
I am not saying that they need to go to clubs....women looking for sexy nerds would not go there anyways. At least, I know I would not. Too much loud music ...but there must be a good compromise between clubs and the WWW????

maybe one solution would be taking your laptop, nintendo ds or book to a local coffee shop instead of hiding at home? or maybe going to a sports club? i don't know....but nice geeks are really hard to find!! !! sadly, i am not enough of a star trek fan, so u won't see me at the next convention to find my perfect geek. or maybe i should make an effort :D



Rynok
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 446

25 Aug 2008, 10:40 pm

Plenty of geeks online. The good ones you probably won't find at conventions anyways, so no worries. (They've been shunned so much previously they wouldn't dare go). Plus, taking your computer to the book store or whatever, that's like talking on the cell phone. No-one is going to approach you when your busily engaged doing something else for fear of interrupting you.

It's ok though, it's just as hard meeting a nice geeky girl :P Same reasons.



ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,716
Location: New Jersey

26 Aug 2008, 1:07 am

Rynok wrote:
LePetitPrince is the awesome!


What the hell happened? I go post some rants over on the PPR forum for a while to give you guys a break, and now everyone loves LPP?

That said:
Quote:
Real Life, also known as "that big room with the ceiling that is sometimes blue and sometimes black with little lights"

:lol: :lmao:


Ok, I'm done being funny for now...

LILI wrote:
sadly, i am not enough of a star trek fan, so u won't see me at the next convention to find my perfect geek. or maybe i should make an effort :D


I personally am a Trek fan, and I will probably never go to a convention. If you go to a convention, you'll just find the scary people, like the ones that take Trek as if it were the inerrant Word of God and wear Starfleet uniforms in public...

If you want to find the "perfect geek", look at any university that has "Institute of Technology" in the name... If you're too old for college age (or even graduate age) people, look in the IT department where you work. IT guys bring in huge amounts of money, and most of them are single...



Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 176

26 Aug 2008, 5:12 am

I'm too scared to, and when i do i don't find any woman that like nerdy guys. They all seem to like the dumb and hunky ones which means i never get a look in.


_________________
"Time is an Illusion, lunchtime doubly so" Douglas Adams


LILI
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 130

26 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Rynok wrote:
LePetitPrince is the awesome!


What the hell happened? I go post some rants over on the PPR forum for a while to give you guys a break, and now everyone loves LPP?

That said:
Quote:
Real Life, also known as "that big room with the ceiling that is sometimes blue and sometimes black with little lights"

:lol: :lmao:


Ok, I'm done being funny for now...

LILI wrote:
sadly, i am not enough of a star trek fan, so u won't see me at the next convention to find my perfect geek. or maybe i should make an effort :D


I personally am a Trek fan, and I will probably never go to a convention. If you go to a convention, you'll just find the scary people, like the ones that take Trek as if it were the inerrant Word of God and wear Starfleet uniforms in public...

If you want to find the "perfect geek", look at any university that has "Institute of Technology" in the name... If you're too old for college age (or even graduate age) people, look in the IT department where you work. IT guys bring in huge amounts of money, and most of them are single...



Funny that you mention this... for financial reasons, I just signed up for a gym close to home, which is 100$ a month cheaper than the one I used to go to. the new gym happens to be a the local engineering university, l'École de technologie supérieure, which means geek heaven :P too bad i may be a bit too old for the guys there, unless they are grad students... :cry:



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,057
Location: Stendec

26 Aug 2008, 7:29 pm

WaxDeejay wrote:
Why Geek Dudes Rule:

1. They are generally available.
2. Other women will tend not to steal them.
3. They can fix things.
4. Your parents will love them.
5. They're smart.

1. Availability may conflict with the release of the latest Linux distro, Nvidia graphics board, Windows/Mac OS version, Playstation/XBox/Wii/PS3 feature, or X-Men/Tomb Raider/GTA/whatever video or video game.

2. Other women may tend to wonder why you're so happy with such a geek, even if you can dress him right and teach him a few table manners.

3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?

4. Your parents will love anyone who will keep you happy, pay your bills, and keep you from moving back in with them.

5. Smart enough to hook up with you, but not so smart that they think they could ever do better.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


Praetorius
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

27 Aug 2008, 12:23 am

Lol yeah. Hot women can hook up with geeky, submissive dudes just for the purpose of turning them into their own personal pet to do chores, fix things, and make money.



Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,096
Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

27 Aug 2008, 6:39 am

Fnord wrote:
...
3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?
...


Well... yeah, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?


_________________
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I


Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 176

27 Aug 2008, 6:48 am

Also I'm an aspie guy and I'm terrible at fixing things...


_________________
"Time is an Illusion, lunchtime doubly so" Douglas Adams


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,057
Location: Stendec

27 Aug 2008, 2:59 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
...
3. Fixing things usually involves several "improvements" as well ... but do you really want your blow-dryer turned into a laser-blaster, the microwave oven into a planet-busting death ray, or your curling iron into a light-saber?
...

Well... yeah, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?

??? 8O ???

I'll be right over...


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,565
Location: Trapped outside of the space time continuum

27 Aug 2008, 5:17 pm

Not that all of the most attractive women are like that, but the reasons stated in earlier posts are part of the reason I don't even try with those women. Women that are too superficial to look beyond social stereotypes and see and respect me for being me aren't worth my time or effort.


_________________
So simple, it's complicated


ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,716
Location: New Jersey

28 Aug 2008, 1:56 am

LILI wrote:
Funny that you mention this... for financial reasons, I just signed up for a gym close to home, which is 100$ a month cheaper than the one I used to go to. the new gym happens to be a the local engineering university, l'École de technologie supérieure, which means geek heaven :P too bad i may be a bit too old for the guys there, unless they are grad students... :cry:


If you meet any grad students from the university that work out there, that's probably the trifecta of a good man to be with. If they work out, that means they recognize that there is an image to keep up. Being a grad student at a college means that they're probably going to make good money, and they're serious about the subject material (in undergrad you get people that just go to college because it's "the thing to do" and whatnot). Finally, you get a man that knows his technical stuff...


Social_Fantom wrote:
Not that all of the most attractive women are like that, but the reasons stated in earlier posts are part of the reason I don't even try with those women. Women that are too superficial to look beyond social stereotypes and see and respect me for being me aren't worth my time or effort.


Amen to that...



LILI
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 130

28 Aug 2008, 8:52 pm

Not all women like superficial things in men. In the end, most women I know just want somebody who loves them, treats them with respect, and challenges them intellectually. Certainly, looks are important when it comes to physical attraction, but beauty is subjective and once you know someone better, that person can become more and more beautiful.

You guys should not hesitate to approach girls even if you find them 'too beautiful' or if they may appear superficial. they may surprise you. you can never tell if she will be attracted to you or not unless you try....

by the way, how come i don't see more women participating in this thread? aren't more attracted to geeks?



Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,262
Location: hibernating

28 Aug 2008, 10:34 pm

LILI wrote:
You guys should not hesitate to approach girls even if you find them 'too beautiful' or if they may appear superficial. they may surprise you. you can never tell if she will be attracted to you or not unless you try....

Many guys on WP have approached women with this in mind and been rejected numerous times. Yes, there's the chance, but it's not a very good chance... it's a bit like gambling. There has to be more strategy than just approaching whoever you find attractive.