Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:00 pm

Am stupidly in love. All posts here will likely be on the verge of sappy optimism. That is all.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 4:51 pm

I wouldn't worry about that, a girl I like asks me "Why do you love me?" and "what type of love?"

I think she wants to hear certain things, but I can't tell her what I want to, I have to search inside for this things I would love. And I tell her those, they just happen to be the ting most girls want. A friendship is the basis of a good relationship...

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 5:32 pm

Keith wrote:
I wouldn't worry about that, a girl I like asks me "Why do you love me?"

It would be wrong to ask you why, because I know what goes inside is only half of what comes out.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 6:32 pm

Keith wrote:
I wouldn't worry about that, a girl I like asks me "Why do you love me?" and "what type of love?"

I think she wants to hear certain things, but I can't tell her what I want to, I have to search inside for this things I would love. And I tell her those, they just happen to be the ting most girls want. A friendship is the basis of a good relationship...

Would agree there; we have been friends for eight years prior to this... thankfully, we've grown into and understand each other's love for the other. I am so damned happy I could splode.

M.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 7:04 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
Am stupidly in love. All posts here will likely be on the verge of sappy optimism. That is all.

M.

You'll come back around. She will mess with you and break your heart. You'll see. Not trying to be a jerk but I've been around a bit, just getting you ready for it.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 7:22 pm

KenM wrote:
You'll come back around. She will mess with you and break your heart. You'll see. Not trying to be a jerk but I've been around a bit, just getting you ready for it.

Not trying, but succeeding. There's no need for this post, Ken. Even if you do turn out to be right, and there's no reason to believe you will be, there's no point in actively disrupting someone else's enjoyment of a relationship.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 7:26 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
KenM wrote:

Not trying, but succeeding. There's no need for this post, Ken. Even if you do turn out to be right, and there's no reason to believe you will be, there's no point in actively disrupting someone else's enjoyment of a relationship.

Thanks, JH. And Ken, I've been-there-done-that and had my ass handed to me on repeated occasions in various relationships... being hurt doesn't mean becoming cynical. I'm sorry you've been hurt as well. I'm happy, and feel that the healthy optimism right now is something to relish - not to fear. She is a marvel of a person.

M.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2008, 7:54 pm

Best of luck brother. I'm really hoping for you.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 8:50 pm

makuranososhi wrote:

M.

Oh yuck...

I'll try to avoid the posts. :eew:

Seriously though, best of luck with that. :wink:

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 9:38 pm

KingChaosNinja wrote:
Best of luck brother. I'm really hoping for you.

Thanks to both you and Beenthere - and bt, that's why I felt the warning appropriate... I'm going to be blatantly useless when it comes to being negative or pessimistic right now. It's a new sort of happy.

M.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2008, 9:45 pm

I feel as if we have enough pessimism in our daily lives as it stands. I believe we should be realistic, but as optimistic and supportive as possible. We're not hopeless, but there is much work to be done.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 9:49 pm

*nod* There are enough battles... it is exquisite to find someone whose own battles are areas where I am able to be supportive, and vice versa, who is strong enough to hold on yet fragile enough to let themselves be held. There is much to do, many things to be worked on and considered, much change ahead if I am going to uproot my life and relocate across the country for this relationship... but I believe the effort is worth it.

M.