Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2008, 7:18 am

Some of you will remember that about a week ago I put up a post asking whether people thought it possible to have a relationship with a fellow aspie. Well, it turns out the guy I was hoping to meet has a sort of online girlfriend! Why go on a dating site as single if you don't wanna date? People must think I'm a right mug...

Have any of you had a similar experience? Talking with someone but then discovering that after they've been friendly they're actually attached? The laugh of it is that he's never met her!

Anyway, just me having a little rant...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:21 am

That's happened to me numerous times.

That's why I will not view anyone as a potential girlfriend/wife if they don't explicitly state their status.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:29 am

look up that thread about how online relationships aren't "real"

i don't think internet dating is for me at this point.... rather be alone.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:52 am

i did once, and i am still convinced that that's the best way, ask a girl from dating site to meet right in the first or second message we exchanged. that way you would avoid what happened to you.

once you talk with someone online you cannot get to know about him everything. first, he doesnt tell you everything, or tell you things that aren't true, and second, you idealize the person, you get some image based on false internet communication and then when you meet you get different image. the two images are never the same.

(when we met she was fat and very shy, her only three words she said were, 'yes', 'no', 'maybe' and then after she bothered me through icq all the time full of words i had no idea she knows about, so i blocked her. i know, i'll burn in hell.)

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:00 am

I once had a "date" with a girl who unknown to me was still going out with her boyfriend. Either she didn't know what was going on or she was doing this behind his back, either way I didn't make a good impression on her and we didn't meet again. All I can say is that just because finding a date has been so much trouble doesn't mean that things should be plain sailing after that. They're not.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2008, 9:53 am

It's not because it's the Internet. I had the same thing happen to me in the analog world, twice. Both times I was seeing a girl who was seeing other people on the side without telling me. These things happen but you can't hold the sins of this guy against future guys you meet. It's not fair to them or you.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2008, 11:13 am

why can't people just be honest? If you're in any sort of relationship, don't lead other people on. I just don't think it's nice, not to mention the knock to my confidence...Well as they say, plenty more fish in the sea, I would've expected honesty from him form the beginning considering he's a fellow aspie...

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2008, 11:42 am

We're not angles just because we are the way we are. We're still subject to do the same illogical things as everyone else. I don't see how this should affect your confidence. He was still interested in you enough even though he was already with someone else. You can't expect everyone to be honest, as nice as that would be. You can be honest yourself and try to inspire other people to be, and hope that you can find someone as honest.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 3:09 pm

jinxed wrote:
why can't people just be honest? If you're in any sort of relationship, don't lead other people on. I just don't think it's nice, not to mention the knock to my confidence...Well as they say, plenty more fish in the sea, I would've expected honesty from him form the beginning considering he's a fellow aspie...

You are a beautiful, interesting, sweet girl. Don't let some as*hole who lied to you knock your confidence. I'll be online all night if you want to talk about this, babes.

xx

AussieMatt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2008, 2:45 am

I tend to get jealous when i sees someone is in love.....

Matt

Fenton83
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2008, 2:53 am

jinxed wrote:

you sure she's a real gf to him, or just some nice lady, he's fond of (ie finds the company of pleasent)

Betterclassed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2008, 4:31 am

jinxed wrote:
Some of you will remember that about a week ago I put up a post asking whether people thought it possible to have a relationship with a fellow aspie. Well, it turns out the guy I was hoping to meet has a sort of online girlfriend! Why go on a dating site as single if you don't wanna date? People must think I'm a right mug...

Have any of you had a similar experience? Talking with someone but then discovering that after they've been friendly they're actually attached? The laugh of it is that he's never met her!

This is silly, online girlfriend over a real life one. Honestly that sound bloody stupid. Sounds like this guy isn't worth mentioning. Goodluck with further hunting.

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2008, 11:09 am

Betterclassed wrote:
jinxed wrote:

This is silly, online girlfriend over a real life one. Honestly that sound bloody stupid. Sounds like this guy isn't worth mentioning. Goodluck with further hunting.

It's insane isn't it? Thank you all :)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 1:41 pm

Betterclassed wrote:
jinxed wrote:

Correction: online girlfriend over another online potential girlfriend. It still bloody stupid though ...but hey at least the guy is loyal to his illusion's online gf.

Read the thread again, she never met the guy .

jinxed , most people forget to deactivate their dating profiles when they get a gf/bf or they keep it on purpose so they can get another contact quickly if things didn't turn out right with the current person.(in fact more than 50% of women's profiles fall in that category).

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 6:25 pm

jinxed wrote:
Betterclassed wrote:
jinxed wrote:

It's insane isn't it? Thank you all :)

NO NO NO! When you are in the dating scene, it is perfectly ok to date other people. That is what you are doing trying to find a mate.
I was dating a couple a few women a one stage, I was interested in one so I was honest and told the other, things didn't work out with the women I was more interested in. The other woman rejected me because I choose the other woman over her.
What I should have done was just keep dating them both until one rejected me or I was more certain on which one I liked the best.

What is wrong with a guy having girls as friends. :roll: How exactly are they attached if they have not met??

I think you are completely in the wrong.