Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

SPARTAN-119
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2008, 7:27 pm

You see the girls I am interested in are at the high end of the attractiveness scale in most peoples eyes, while I am in no way their male equivalent. Is a well, why beat around the bush, nerd who is attracted to girls with an athletic build aiming to high?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:40 pm

Not necessarily.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Hero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2008, 7:48 pm

You can never set goals to high.

However, the higher you set them, the more difficult it is to attain.

Simple answer to the question.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:51 pm

Meh find people you can be friends with first that's what I'm doing and although I like the hotties plenty I promise you it's easier when you get closer slower but who knows maybe you'll do it differently there doesn't seem to be any single actual way to do anything in this world from what I've seen... :?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 8:59 pm

remember; range, windage, and elevation..;)

Try being freinds first. I don't know for sure, but I think 'hotties' probably get tired of constantly being hit on. Sometimes nice works. Good luck.

Saffy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2008, 9:08 pm

I don't think you are aiming too " high " .. but why you would see that as aiming " high " I am not sure.. everyone is different and I think assuming that someone is a particular way just because of the way they look is just wrong .. you are hoping they will see past your exterior to the person inside, so perhaps you should do the same :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 11:46 pm

Yeah. Don't go for people out of your league; you'll only wind up getting hurt.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 12:55 am

Go with what you feel, and be willing to accept the consequences. Often you will fail... but so does everyone, regardless of how it appears. What works for people is not written on the outside - if I let myself be led by that 'rule', I would not be in the relationship I am in now. She's absolutely sublime.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 5:48 am

You can never aim too high 8)

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2008, 11:21 am

You can aim high but you should also be open to anyone that isn't on that high end. Attractiveness is not the best thing to rate a person on. While it's appealing, you really want substance.

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2008, 11:28 am

I've not had the most spectacular dating life, but I've realized that times I thought I was aiming too high, I really wasn't. There was a girl in High School named Kim that I had a huge crush on, but I never said anything because I thought she was too good for me. When I left, it turned out that she was really sad because she had wanted me to ask her to prom. I've run into this sort of thing a couple of times, though it's rare, but it taught me that what you perceive isn't necessarily the reality.

If you honestly feel like you click with someone, go for it, regardless of whether or not you think you measure up. Just don't hold your standards so high that you only approach "high-end" girls. A lot of girls who don't fit the description of conventional beauty look better than you might think when they try to, and a lot of those "high-end" girls are hiding behind a mountain of makeup.

willybeamish
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2008, 3:34 pm

attractive women like "weird" guys who are less attractive than themselves. insecurity plays a huge factor in this, and generally speaking the more physically attractive a female is, the more insecure she is, or she wouldnt put so much effort and energy into being attractive. this is why relationships with female athletes tend to be more functional and sane. biitches who are only attractive because of insecurity will never be happy, and no one will ever be happy with them, they dont have the ability to give, just a fact. someone who is physically attractive as a side effect of a goal, to accomplish something, climb a mountain, be an amazing soccer player, yadda yadda, tend to be more sane. thats why women who are attractive to be attractive sport f**k hot guys, but always have a regular they know will stay true, they can control, etc etc. the best course of action to getting a hot chick is to befriend one but never approach the issue of dynamic you desire, or are willing to accept. let it stew, let her know you are uncompromising, and have 0 interest in friends, but are not looking to fuuck. once she gets this, shell go through some breakup or some shiit and will be looking for validation, and thats when you stick your sword in her. when you do make sure you are good at it, and now you have a girl that will call you, take you out, do whatever to get your magic wand. know the game, just dont fool yourself into thinking the people who play will ever give a shiit about you, or fool yourself into thinking they worth giving a funk about.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 8:08 am

Physical attractiveness can often be less important for the guy. I mean, I have punched considerably above my weight as far as physical attractiveness. So you're not necessarily aiming too high, no.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 11:32 am

willybeamish wrote:
attractive women like "weird" guys who are less attractive than themselves. insecurity plays a huge factor in this, and generally speaking the more physically attractive a female is, the more insecure she is, or she wouldnt put so much effort and energy into being attractive. this is why relationships with female athletes tend to be more functional and sane. biitches who are only attractive because of insecurity will never be happy, and no one will ever be happy with them, they dont have the ability to give, just a fact. someone who is physically attractive as a side effect of a goal, to accomplish something, climb a mountain, be an amazing soccer player, yadda yadda, tend to be more sane. thats why women who are attractive to be attractive sport f**k hot guys, but always have a regular they know will stay true, they can control, etc etc. the best course of action to getting a hot chick is to befriend one but never approach the issue of dynamic you desire, or are willing to accept. let it stew, let her know you are uncompromising, and have 0 interest in friends, but are not looking to fuuck. once she gets this, shell go through some breakup or some shiit and will be looking for validation, and thats when you stick your sword in her. when you do make sure you are good at it, and now you have a girl that will call you, take you out, do whatever to get your magic wand. know the game, just dont fool yourself into thinking the people who play will ever give a shiit about you, or fool yourself into thinking they worth giving a funk about.

WB... you make assertions of truth, that 'women are like (this)', with gross generalizations and rampant assumptions. Perhaps at some point, you will realize that people are all different - and while there are common motivators and some shared characteristics in various personalities, your viewpoint and method is only one of many, for one of many types of people out there. I am very thankful that you and I live in different worlds, as I don't think I would like the one you live in very much.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

make lots of female friends. Girls r close

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2008, 9:59 pm

Could you please define what would be "out of one's league"? :D

For many guys (or women) intellect be damned. Some guys aren't exactly looking for smart women as I do...