I think I'm the only one on here who actually has a BF/GF

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skelanimal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2008, 1:56 pm

It makes me feel even luckier to have met my boyfriend. :) He actually has asperger's too. I'm going to his birthday party today. We've been going out a little less then a month. We met at our school, which is a smaller high school for kids who don't want to go to the big school. The only thing I don't like is his constant need for space, or maybe I'm just clingy! (as everyone says)

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:03 pm

i have a boyfriend as well hehe. Hes neurotypical except the fact he has serious OCD about his car lol, and I'm a classic autie. Hes the type that loooves affection, loves to touch, loves to be around you a lot, and im the total opposite haha but we learned to both work with each other. In feb, we'll be together 3 years!

michillimackinac
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

Thanks for not rubbing it in.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:15 pm

This thread title = sure to make you popular.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:28 pm

try being married for 10 years...;)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:33 pm

Nope, you aren't the only one..sorry for disappointing you.

Bad observation...

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:35 pm

And even if you were, then making a topic with that title sounds a bit pretentious. I know you probably are just trying to express how lucky you feel to have a partner, but the topic title is just not the best choice of words.

Anyway, I wish you a happy life together, maybe just edit the topic title slightly as I can imagine some people may be hurt when reading it (no, not including me, I am looking but not a frustrated single)

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2008, 2:38 pm

Please remember guys, she is only 14. So yeah, maybe not the best title ever, but be a little nice, maybe?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:40 pm

f**k YOU

I mean, yes of course.

Didn't realise the lass was 14.

Cheerfully withdrawn, of course.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2008, 2:45 pm

Wow, what a pleasent way to rub salt into the wounds for the many autistic guys/gals on this forum who have unfortunately remained single for so long. It is not wise to be so pompous with yourself, as John Hopkins said "This thread title is really going to make you popular :P". Simply "I have a boyfriend" would have been more than satisfactory.

Congratulations on getting a bf who is an Aspie like you, but don't think that everything is going to be rainbows and sunshine and that there will be a happily ever after. I hate it when people get all excited and think everything is going to be magical and perfect, what naivete'. But best of luck anyways.

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Sep 2008, 3:53 pm

sorry

Last edited by coyote on 29 Sep 2008, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2008, 4:03 pm

I will take back my previous statement about "rubbing salt into the wounds", considering that you are merely 14 years old, and thus prone to a certain lack of maturity. I took no offense at your title personally (and I've been single all my life- 21 years), but I knew that my other autistic brethern would not be pleased with such a title.

However, I won't take back this: "Don't think that everything is going to be rainbows and sunshine and that there will be a happily ever after. I hate it when people get all excited and think everything is going to be magical and perfect, what naivete'. But best of luck anyways". Especially at your age, people are prone to be naive and too trusting in their emotions, as opposed to the logic and knowledge gained from past experiences that more mature people reflect upon. If you are wise, you will be careful and view things objectively.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 4:24 pm

Actually the first thing that popped into my mind was that the OP was very much mistaken. It's more that in this forum many of the miserable single people shove everyone else out.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:21 pm

I have a BF too. We'll have been together for a year this December.

27 Sep 2008, 7:46 pm

I have gone through two boyfriends, now I have my third.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2008, 7:57 pm

Skelanimal wrote:
It makes me feel even luckier to have met my boyfriend. :) He actually has asperger's too. I'm going to his birthday party today. We've been going out a little less then a month. We met at our school, which is a smaller high school for kids who don't want to go to the big school. The only thing I don't like is his constant need for space, or maybe I'm just clingy! (as everyone says)
Congratulations. You win. Your prize is an overinflated ego.