Do some women like submissive men?

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 11:58 pm

To V4der: You provided a link, so I'll provide a link. www.asexuality.org You'll find that a number of people on the forums there are sent to doctors by their spouses, unmarried partners, parents and others in order to discover the mysterious biological root cause of their so-called "problem." There should be something in the general info about this too.

It may be that SOME cases of asexuality are caused by chemical imbalances. Others (like myself) have problems with physical contact, or simply want a different kind of relationship than the ones most people have. And still others might have a combination of factors. Just because SOME cases might be explained by chemical imbalances doesn't mean that all people fit into your theory.

Why are you being so insulting as to insinuate that I make people up to make a point? Incredibly disrespectful and uncalled for, that. How would it in any way aid me to falsify information? Furthermore, saying "[you're] not going to read the anesthetic that is the rest of [my] post" is a contradiction - in order to know how bad it is if indeed it is at all, you would have to have read it. Therefore your opinion about my writing is absolutely groundless.

By the way, thanks, makuranososhi. It's good to know that there are people who actually read my posts without dismissing them when they don't have a way to respond, and in fact see my point.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:24 am

BK: Always try to learn whatever I can, and I appreciate your efforts to educate and provide a wide spectrum of information. The impact of sexuality and sensuality has been an intrinsic part of developing my emotional connections in my relationships (while I do have a strong sex drive, it's is relatively dormant if I am not in a committed relationship of some sort) so the idea is very foreign to me. It helps to have someone willing to deconstruct the motivations and variety... so thank you. :)

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 12:31 am

Boke, posters on a forum don't count as jack s**t for reliable, credible sources of research.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 9:39 am

V4der, back to the original topic. If you want to see one personality type at least that I think is a big tip-off to women being of this calibre, watch Descent. I can think of at least a couple girls I knew who were kind of either like them or like a Milah Jovovich character and yes, they were the alphas that all the other girls were intimidated by and on the other side of their personalities they had an almost childlike opening for shy and quiet guys.

Back when I had the opportunities I passed on it though, partly because I was still at war with my own identity in that regard and partly because I knew I was a bit fickle and they were the last people on earth I really wanted to play games with; now at least I think it would be a different story since I'm not as skiddish.

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 12:08 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
V4der, back to the original topic.

Never.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:28 pm

V4der wrote:
Boke, posters on a forum don't count as jack sh** for reliable, credible sources of research.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

Speak for yourself :lol:

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 12:44 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
V4der wrote:
Boke, posters on a forum don't count as jack sh** for reliable, credible sources of research.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

Speak for yourself :lol:

:lol:

:roll:

Nice try, but I used sources in my post about asexuality. If you ever participate in any professional debate, you better have sources rather than just "what some people on a forum said they did at the doctor's."

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:57 pm

Somebody needs a sense of humour transplant.

Regardless of whether sources are availed that doesn't turn a hypostasis into a proof, or that anyone on an internet forum is automatically an idiot.

Feel free to call me out, but you can also be patronising when you want to be V4der.

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 1:05 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Somebody needs a sense of humour transplant.

Riiight, I'm sure it was something else rather than one-sided humor.

Quote:
Regardless of whether sources are availed that doesn't turn a hypostasis into a proof, or that anyone on an internet forum is automatically an idiot.

When did I say anyone on a forum is automatically an idiot? I'm saying a story or account posted by a forum user isn't a reliable resource. Forum users could say anything. Doesn't mean they made credible research beforehand or have a single strand of real evidence.

Quote:
Feel free to call me out, but you can also be patronising when you want to be V4der.

Sometimes that's what it takes to get a point across to those who refuse to catch a clue.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 1:11 pm

Yes but you also post some rather unsubstantiated stuff, pass yourself off as a relationship guru so that smacks as the pot calling the kettle black. Have you met Gamester? You could be kindred spirits.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 2:18 pm

V4der wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
V4der, back to the original topic.

Never.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

Oh yeah? I know a girl or two who could make ya. :lol:

Hero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 5:38 pm

V4der wrote:
When did I say anyone on a forum is automatically an idiot? I'm saying a story or account posted by a forum user isn't a reliable resource. Forum users could say anything. Doesn't mean they made credible research beforehand or have a single strand of real evidence.

Same can be said about any research. Any statement, argument, rhetoric, incident, speech, etc. Could be a lie.

There have been cases of even credible scientists producing full paged texts, whom have lied, altered, or presented a proof that is inaccurate.

However, just from a bigger notion.

I would have doubts that BK would be wrong if he said that the forum at least had some semblance of credibility. Each person is a DIFFERENT source. Therefore, it would be likely someone was telling the truth.

An example:

Many people hate wikipedia...yet I have yet to find a single better source on the planet. Any time I compare many credible sources, or highly regarded sources against it, many times they are much looser, and lack many of the details presented in a website like wikipedia.

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2008, 7:46 pm

Hero wrote:
V4der wrote:

Same can be said about any research. Any statement, argument, rhetoric, incident, speech, etc. Could be a lie.

Could be, Hero, but then again you have to put some amount of trust in scientists that have been credible in the past... like Einstien or Newton backing their claims up with formulas which have been tested out and proved correct by thousands for a long time since then. That's just one example of many.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 9:46 am

V4der wrote:
Could be, Hero, but then again you have to put some amount of trust in scientists that have been credible in the past... like Einstien or Newton backing their claims up with formulas which have been tested out and proved correct by thousands for a long time since then. That's just one example of many.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

That's just it people place trust, sometimes it is misplaced. Newton is also known as a alchemist. Einstein is also known for speaking on matter he less than qualified to, such as saying he didn't believe in plate tectonics and that we only 10% of our brain at any given time, the later of which has been quoted quite a bit an continues to be, even the scientologists have used it to sell stuff on how to tap into the other 90%. People might believe that crap, because credible person said it. In fairness to Einstein it was probably just a throw away comment, and he himself trusted the source of that information, which is a case in point.

V4der
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2008, 4:04 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
V4der wrote:

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

That's just it people place trust, sometimes it is misplaced. Newton is also known as a alchemist. Einstein is also known for speaking on matter he less than qualified to, such as saying he didn't believe in plate tectonics and that we only 10% of our brain at any given time, the later of which has been quoted quite a bit an continues to be, even the scientologists have used it to sell stuff on how to tap into the other 90%. People might believe that crap, because credible person said it. In fairness to Einstein it was probably just a throw away comment, and he himself trusted the source of that information, which is a case in point.

Yeah, but you're not reading this part I wrote in my last post:

Quote:
which have been tested out and proved correct by thousands for a long time since then. That's just one example of many.

I never said they were right about everything. I said a lot of things they were right about, have been proven right numerous times since.

|-o-| V4der |-o-|

wrongshoes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2008, 5:11 pm

V4der wrote:
I was talking with my stepfather about how women crave guidance in their lives, thus are attracted to powerful leaders, not submissive men. He said that was correct, "but well, some women like submissive men..."

I'm attracted to men who are experts and passionate about what they do. I suppose some could call that leadership. But it's not because I need guidance - it's because I want to maintain a strong sense of self and independence, and feel the guy should do the same. In other words, I don't want a guy who totally depends on me for anything (care, money, identity).
V4der wrote:
I don't believe this personally, but I'm open to new interpretations, and am interested in evolutionary, scientific reasons these theoretical women might be attracted to submissive men. Usually the male takes on the role of ultimate leader, protector, provider, and the women of the pack submit to this Alpha.

In my relationship, I have tended to be the "dominant" one in the sense that I'm always the one that initiates things. This is not necessarily what I prefer, but it's just the way our personalities work together. I imagine there are a good number of women who take on "management" responsibilities in their lives with their partners.