Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 2:19 am

A friend of mine, non-spectrum, shared with me a theory of dating which proposed that after eight hours of "date time" it was a reasonable expectation for the couple to be intimate. This would translate to the third to fifth date, depending on the scenario. This absolutely boggled the mind, I must admit. Not saying that I have not gotten involved quickly in the past, but in preference it takes a bit more than a working day's worth of time before I feel comfortable with someone to that extent. Thoughts of others?

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 2:30 am

the guy is a nut..... thats my opinion.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 2:59 am

That's crazy but I knew a few guys like that.

One guy in particular had this attitude that I wasn't interested in him b/c I didn't want to go 3rd base with him. I only knew him for a couple of days. I made it clear that I wasn't comfortable yet, and he made such a big deal out of it like I was a prude..... :x

That didn't go too well. I don't know, but I've gotten to the point where fast relationships, don't make steady relationships. This is just my opinion if you're not the socially accepted type.

Akajohnnyx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2008, 3:20 am

That's insane. Hell, if they're going to wait only 8 cumulative hours, they may as well bang the second they meet. If you're going to wait that short of a time, why wait at all?

Personally, less than a month seems like too fast. The way I see it, most people take relationships too quickly, which is in part why they're so f'ed up. It seems like the quicker people hook up, the shorter the relationship (if one was ever intended).

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:18 am

I think it depends on the situation; agendas and expectations only lead to disappointment. But I'd prefer to know someone than get involved with a stranger; completely unsatisfying to me.

M.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:54 am

Someone, enlighten me with this "1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base" thingy please <_<

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 9:19 am

^^ Based on Hollywood , any new couple must have sex on the 3rd date.
It's the stupidest rule I ever heard, It's an American thingy.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:06 am

Every girl I've been with I've slept with on the first date, or outside of a relationship - and I don't see why that needs to be a problem.

We set our own limits, but I don't think they can be quantified in such a way.

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2008, 1:59 pm

It's really based more on your attraction to each other. If you are with someone you are highly attracted to and you both feel the same, it might not take that long. If your with someone that you like but your getting to know each other and the attraction is building, then it would take longer. There is no set rule.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2008, 8:02 am

makuranososhi wrote:
A friend of mine, non-spectrum, shared with me a theory of dating which proposed that after eight hours of "date time" it was a reasonable expectation for the couple to be intimate. This would translate to the third to fifth date, depending on the scenario. This absolutely boggled the mind, I must admit. Not saying that I have not gotten involved quickly in the past, but in preference it takes a bit more than a working day's worth of time before I feel comfortable with someone to that extent. Thoughts of others?

M.

Eh, intimacy could take years to form. Girls want it nice and slow.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 12:46 pm

it really depends on the person, everyone's different. i most likely wouldn't have sex on the first date if i really liked the girl, i would just rather have a couple of dates before sleeping with someone i plan to be in a relationship with. i'd say the 3rd date rule is somewhat appropriate for me, meaning i'm fine with having sex on the third date but if the girl wants to wait longer that's fine with me.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 12:54 pm

I dont know, makes little sense.

"a reasonable expectation for the couple to be intimate"

Sounds way out there. If i meet someone i like, i have no
rules as to when this should happen or not, that just
happens naturally if it happens, its nothing i go and
wait and count down to, that just wouldn`t make any
sense to me. As far as i know theres no time schedules
set for these things, it just happens when it happens.
Actually, this sounds like the thinking of a groin player
who just wants to get laid and thats the main drive
behind it. Have known some guys who have dumped
girls for not dropping pants fast enough and it was just
riddicolous in my eyes back then and still is, stupidity.
But, alot of people think with their groins and its just
the way it is. Instincts and sexual drive overrides
reasonabel thinking very often. They just cant keep
it in their pants even if their life depends on it. And
its not just guys, some girls have made me go 8O
and i had to actually remove myself from them and
the situation to avoid unwanted visitors in my pants 8O

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 1:26 pm

EgaoNoGenki wrote:
makuranososhi wrote:

M.

Eh, intimacy could take years to form. Girls want it nice and slow.

That's an assumption on the other extreme; there are no absolute rules... sorry, not picking, just stating that I do not agree with either presumption. Have known those of both preferences, neither being more right than the other.

M.