[25+ Age] L & D Forums for High-Functioning Adult AS?

Page 19 of 23 [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2009, 4:04 am

:OffTopic:

Last edited by Zane on 01 Jan 2009, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:34 am

It seems this post has gotten a bit off topic, but the original post remains highly relevant.

I know I am only 20 (and thus more in the "teenage" category still), but I completely understand where the original poster is coming from. I'm a high functioning AS, and I strongly need to find somewhere to discuss the tangled web that is the romantic world in more depth and more relevance to my life (finding a date in the first place is not one of the problems I have) than I can get here. I often frequent love and dating (as opposed to other forums) because I need help in understanding the complexities and underlying structure of sexual relationships and the dating culture, and need to discuss problems i have with integration into this world (a.k.a. being able to get past the self devised lines and boundaries constantly drawn up in my head, cause it's a grey area), but I am not here to get a date/find a partner/get information on how to do so, like the majority of people here.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:56 am

sunshower wrote:
It seems this post has gotten a bit off topic, but the original post remains highly relevant.

I know I am only 20 (and thus more in the "teenage" category still), but I completely understand where the original poster is coming from. I'm a high functioning AS, and I strongly need to find somewhere to discuss the tangled web that is the romantic world in more depth and more relevance to my life (finding a date in the first place is not one of the problems I have) than I can get here. I often frequent love and dating (as opposed to other forums) because I need help in understanding the complexities and underlying structure of sexual relationships and the dating culture, and need to discuss problems i have with integration into this world (a.k.a. being able to get past the self devised lines and boundaries constantly drawn up in my head, cause it's a grey area), but I am not here to get a date/find a partner/get information on how to do so, like the majority of people here.

you merely need to ask. I am not good at helping people find a date but if you ever need relationship advice you could email me and I could try to help.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:06 am

Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

you merely need to ask. I am not good at helping people find a date but if you ever need relationship advice you could email me and I could try to help.

Thanks shiggily, i might do just that. PM?

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:21 am

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

sure

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:22 am

Zane wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Averick wrote:
Zane's right, we come from Africa.

anthropology is not my thing so I am not likely to argue.

That is probably smart especially since I was not trying to argue. Look up Lucy that's all you have to do.

I am aware of Lucy. I just marked early man from a different point (early recordings of civilization) instead of fossilized remains. i.e. I didn't go back far enough.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 8:12 am

Shiggily wrote:
Zane wrote:

delete your post. It is not worth it to get that worked up. and it doesn't help.

No, let it be ...let's see what her reaction would be.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 8:13 am

starvingartist wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
starvingartist wrote:

i want to hear you say "get over it" when you've had someone's penis inside your body against your permission because you were physically too weak to stop it. i really want to hear you say that then. i would take a picture of your face and make you eat it. while you sit there with your as*hole bleeding. get over THAT.

you want me to say it?

stop letting the actions of other people dictate who you become, how you think, how you act, how you treat other people...

in other words... get over it.

goodbye. :eew:

Good, farewell.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 9:48 am

starvingartist wrote:
http://www.safekidsbc.ca/statistics.htm

women in canada, the united states, all around the world, are oppressed with sexual violence and abuse, BY MEN. this is not something i am imagining or need to "get over".

theres a difference between what happens to people and how they perceive them. I'm not saying there is no sexism that would be a lie what I am saying is quite frankly its alot less and even with its presence it doesn't determine how you turn out as a person. Most of my exs have been raped now if I count nonserious relationships thats probably like 20 to 30 people in a small area who have been raped. Its a sad fact the difference between you and them is they moved on with their lives your still letting them hold you back.

If I let every ignorant person who said I would fail win then I wouldn't be where I am today. Like noted earlier most black people don't go looking for racism in every situation and they hate those who bring up the race card for every little thing. Meanwhile someone comes on here and tries to insult all men basically trying to figure out an educated way of insulting us childishly and instead of "oh she could have said it a different way" its we just bash her because shes a smart woman.

If you want to feel like the world holds you back and you have no chance at a reasonable existance thats your thing. Don't go blaming everything on the fault of a young man who was possibly one of the worst pieces of scum to grace this planet. Its an apples and oranges debate what he did while disgusting and immoral is not whats holding you back its your choices of acquaitances and your own lack of beng able to move on.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 9:53 am

Zane wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Zane wrote:

delete your post. It is not worth it to get that worked up. and it doesn't help.

I wont. Maybe when I am sober. But for now it still stands. That stupid woman needs to understand there is more than just her in this god damned world. She thinks all the exists is her and her house and her town and her god damned tiny town and her little experiences. And she prides herself and her opinions off of these ideas. She needs a reality check and if it has to come from me outing my own sexual horror storeis then so be it.

I am sick of pretentious fem natzies and thier man hating ways.

We all have problems. and I do not understand how she can ont respect mine or other AS mens/boys opinions like that just because she feels her experiences are more valid.

It is just plain mean and she will end up another Hilery Clinton and I can not have that.

women like that scare me and not for the reson they seem to think "intelligence" it is quite the opposite. I fear the inequality the create for men like me. They are the same kinds of women who would like to turn us (men) into slaves just because some ass hole who does not represent the entire male populous invaded their "privates".

As for the other coment on racisim and "whites". Hopefully you can understand the first one was made as a satirical joke not a serious fact based joke. I understand where arithmitic came from as well (Egypt refined by China/Greece).

I just don't like people who use race as a way to defend their own opinions unless they are actually of that "race" and also I am a true believer in equality and knowledge vs. ignorance.

We all came from Afrika origionally. The rest is history ;)

I know this doesn't help much but you have my deepest condolances for what happened to you. I mean that for you, shiggily, and even starving artist who I feel is being deeply irrational. Either way its a sad fact that such disgusting things happen regardless of our current discussion.

Last edited by Abangyarudo on 01 Jan 2009, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:00 am

sunshower wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
sunshower wrote:

hey this is just a suggestion but why not let us in on what you need help with? what are the difficulties you experience? We may be able to help you we may not be able to help you but it would serve the purpose of a) getting back on topic and b) helping you in an area you are lacking in.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 11:37 am

Abangyarudo wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
http://www.safekidsbc.ca/statistics.htm

women in canada, the united states, all around the world, are oppressed with sexual violence and abuse, BY MEN. this is not something i am imagining or need to "get over".

theres a difference between what happens to people and how they perceive them. I'm not saying there is no sexism that would be a lie what I am saying is quite frankly its alot less and even with its presence it doesn't determine how you turn out as a person. Most of my exs have been raped now if I count nonserious relationships thats probably like 20 to 30 people in a small area who have been raped. Its a sad fact the difference between you and them is they moved on with their lives your still letting them hold you back.

If I let every ignorant person who said I would fail win then I wouldn't be where I am today. Like noted earlier most black people don't go looking for racism in every situation and they hate those who bring up the race card for every little thing. Meanwhile someone comes on here and tries to insult all men basically trying to figure out an educated way of insulting us childishly and instead of "oh she could have said it a different way" its we just bash her because shes a smart woman.

If you want to feel like the world holds you back and you have no chance at a reasonable existance thats your thing. Don't go blaming everything on the fault of a young man who was possibly one of the worst pieces of scum to grace this planet. Its an apples and oranges debate what he did while disgusting and immoral is not whats holding you back its your choices of acquaitances and your own lack of beng able to move on.

how does one move on from things, and not let them effect who you are as a person, when they are not in the past but keep happening to you.

a woman who has been sexually assaulted is more likely to be assaulted again than a woman who has not experienced assaulted or childhood abuse.

so should i get over now, after the third time? or should i wait til the next one's over and get over it then?

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:04 pm

i just want to say one more thing to zane and then i am done....

you got very angry with me when i assumed you had not been raped. i can understand this because it was my mistake to make that particular assumption....i couldn't possibly know whether that happened to you or not so i should not have said that.

keeping that in mind.....when you shared your story, i believe you stated that most of these traumatic events that happened to you happened in childhood/early adolescence, yes? so from that i would assume (and please correct me if i am wrong) that you have had some time to process these events and deal with them in your own way emotionally, over time. i think you have made the assumption that the same is true for me, that i have had the time to deal with these issues emotionally so that they were not effecting my judgment so much....but how do you know that i wasn't raped last week? or last month? how do you know if i am making concerted efforts to deal with these events that have happened to me? i have a counselor at my local sexual assault survivor's centre that i see once a week, for over a year now. before i moved i was in individual therapy and group therapy for these issues at the sexual assault survivor's centre in my hometown.

i just wanted to point out that i am not the only one who made assumptions, and perhaps has some bias.

oh and p. s. - calling me a c**t does not help me lose my bias against men. if i am to follow your instructions and learn not to think that all men are threats to me, it would help if you didn't insult me based on my sex. if you had said that to my face i could have charged you with sexual harassment. good thing you only said it online.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

:Edited:

Last edited by Zane on 01 Jan 2009, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2009, 3:42 pm

:Waste of time:

Last edited by Zane on 01 Jan 2009, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 4:20 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:

I love you :lol: , can I marry you? :lol:

I thought you would never ask! :oops:

IN YOUR FACE LOTUSBLOSSOM!! :twisted:

I will kidnap him before the wedding!