Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:09 pm

I saw some stuff about flirting in terms of trying to find a girl/boyfriend but in what I looked through I didn't find anything about after the relationship started.

I have a boyfriend, we're in a serious relationship,and I'm not worried about him wanting to leave me. But along with this I keep feeling like I can't satisfy him, can't give him what he wants.

The big thing here is flirting. He wants to flirt with me. He wants me to flirt back. But when he says something he thinks to be flirtatious I take it as not being good enough because I don't see the flirting.

I'm trying to learn to understand flirting, to recognize it, and eventually be able to do some, but I'm trapped at the first step.

Have others here managed to learn about flirting? Anyone have suggestions? I know I'm hurting myself here because of not managing this by taking things wrong, but I keep not knowing what else to do.

Thanks

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 5:51 pm

Tuttle wrote:
I saw some stuff about flirting in terms of trying to find a girl/boyfriend but in what I looked through I didn't find anything about after the relationship started.

I have a boyfriend, we're in a serious relationship,and I'm not worried about him wanting to leave me. But along with this I keep feeling like I can't satisfy him, can't give him what he wants.

The big thing here is flirting. He wants to flirt with me. He wants me to flirt back. But when he says something he thinks to be flirtatious I take it as not being good enough because I don't see the flirting.

I'm trying to learn to understand flirting, to recognize it, and eventually be able to do some, but I'm trapped at the first step.

Have others here managed to learn about flirting? Anyone have suggestions? I know I'm hurting myself here because of not managing this by taking things wrong, but I keep not knowing what else to do.

Thanks

Maybe this isn't the right guy for you -- he's putting a lot of pressure on you to be something you are not. Flirting would seem to be for people who aren't dating yet, not for people in a relationship already. You shouldn't feel like you have to "force" anything.

Also, have you looked up "flirting" on wikipedia?

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 7:43 am

Tuttle wrote:

Thanks

Try to see what his bodylanguage for flirting is. Something like if he's smiling in a certain way or tilt his head. Or mayby he's not very good at flirting, some guys aren't even if they think they are. :)

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 4:50 pm

My boyfriend say's I am a real flirt. I havn't noticed that I am.