yes, passively looking 23%  23%  [ 26 ]
yes, actively looking 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
no, it's just you anna, you asocial weirdo! 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 112

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 5:31 pm

I'm sure that some people look at me as a hermit, especially people that I went to school with. I was weird back then, I can just imagine what they say now. :chin: :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2009, 5:33 pm

Yeah, I'm not actively looking for a relationship at all either. I mean if something did fall in my lap maybe I'd pursue it. But the thought of a traditional full time relationship gives me nightmares literally. I crave simplicity in my life and a relationship like that would surely have none.

hiker7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2009, 5:53 pm

I agree with DWill. Also, not used to living with someone for a long time would make it more difficult. It seems changing onself to be a suitable partner, and to put up with a partner's shortcomings is a tall order for most of us, and I am not sure I have the energy to do this. I think alot of people feel nowadays dating is not worth it.

If a relationship did fall into my lap I would go for it, but I am not going out of my way anymore.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 5:55 pm

I am lately learning to cook simple recipes and all kinds of workhouse , people and especially my family find it weird, it's almost alien for non-cook men to cook here.

They're thinking that the main reason is because I am willingly seeking working abroad but this is not the first reason, my first reason is because I am preparing myself for a single life for lifetime so I can be the wife and the mom of myself, whether I'll get a job permission for abroad or not.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:13 pm

I think I would drive myself crazy trying to be "perfect" if I had a g/f living with me. :chin: I'm always too worried about inconveniencing others, for my own good. :shrug:

Those who know, don't speak.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:13 pm

^ I'm like that too

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:14 pm

The truth is, I'm not looking at all. I maybe lonely but I know deep down I'm better off being alone and I don't have to deal with relationship bull crap. I'll admit, if I found a girl I really like and I mean really like, and she wanted to go out with me; I guess I wouldn't rule it out. However, I would never force it. If it happens, it happens but in my state right now; it's probably not gonna happen for a long time.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:50 pm

anna-banana wrote:
seriously though, is it just me? I am 100% serious in actively avoiding relationships, and if I met someone I fell in love with I'd actively try to just forget it and move on. I'm 100% happy being single. and the longer I'm here (on WP) the more I feel like I stand out even on a forum for people who- in theory- are more romantically challenged than the average population.

so- anyone with me on this one?

There are plenty of people with you in WP as a whole, even several asexuals (the only asexuals I've found on any forum I've ever posted on), it's just a small minority among the regular posters on Love and Dating. Which sort of makes sense, since this forum is indeed labeled "Love and Dating".

I feel like a lot of my more obsessive worrying on this issue is just down to my fear of growing old and dying lonely, because I'm so inexperienced. Otherwise I'm only really interested in dating one or two women in my college and even then I'd put more time and thought into the assignments and master's applications which I really have to get done over the next few months.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:58 pm

Let's just say that pursuing fairy tales is not a high priority for me.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

I don't need a guy to validate me and I'm perfectly happy single, so not actively looking, but if it did happen I'd probably go with it. :P

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 8:27 pm

I want a g/f, but only some of the time. It would be nice to have someone to go to the movies, dinner, or whatever else couples do together, but trying to keep up with them and maintain the relationship 24/7 would be physically and mentally draining for me.

Yes, I do get lonely and bored a lot, but Im a plain and simple guy, that needs my freedom. Being with someone takes away from that, with all of the responsibilities, obligations, birthdays to remember, etc. It's sort of a catch-22 situation for me.

ARandomPerson
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2009, 8:58 pm

Currently I am single and happy, I kept a tally in 2008 i turned down 12 girls and was turned down twice and so far this year I turned down, three girls and have been turned down once.

And the one girl I said yes to due to exstenuating circumstances, I absolutely hated the experience. *insert long rant here*

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2009, 6:06 am

mitharatowen wrote:
I have huge trust issues as well. I may end up being a hermit.. I'm leaning that way.

I'm pretty much the same.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 6:38 am

anna-banana wrote:
seriously though, is it just me? I am 100% serious in actively avoiding relationships, and if I met someone I fell in love with I'd actively try to just forget it and move on. I'm 100% happy being single. and the longer I'm here (on WP) the more I feel like I stand out even on a forum for people who- in theory- are more romantically challenged than the average population.

so- anyone with me on this one?

Yes me. Whats the use. Emotionally and Socially I'm so way behind that if I catch up with my peers, we will all be old timers. Then what???

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 8:54 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
I am lately learning to cook simple recipes and all kinds of workhouse , people and especially my family find it weird, it's almost alien for non-cook men to cook here.

They're thinking that the main reason is because I am willingly seeking working abroad but this is not the first reason, my first reason is because I am preparing myself for a single life for lifetime so I can be the wife and the mom of myself, whether I'll get a job permission for abroad or not.

LOL, most women find that attractive in a guy...a guy who can cook! :chef:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 9:26 am

Quote:
anyone else NOT looking for a partner?

i do not want a "partner"because they interfere with my thinking.

i do have a girlfriend though. she is medium functioning autistic and she has an IQ of 69. she is obese and weighs 120kg. she loves me for a reason she can not describe. she likes to hold me very tightly when we are in bed and the lights are off.
she is like a very young person.
i can not help but care for her. she is very innocent. i am lucky to find someone who likes me like she does.

apart from that, i have no interest in finding other people to pair up with.
i just think tammy is very innocent, and she will always be cared for by me while i live.

she said i can use that photo of her, and this one as well.

erggh the photos are too big, but i am too tired to address that matter.
i am bedward bound