Clever girls like clever boys much more than...

Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 12:21 pm

Clever guys like clever girls no less or more that the other way round. This is just your perception. Also they have to be compatible personalities too. People are picky, including yourself. Try not to concern yourself with people you don't emulate.

I like smart women. People who would prefer a partner less intelligent than them, can have some issues going on. My grandfather is one of them. Some people basically need someone that will agree with them 100%.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2009, 7:48 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
LordKristov wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Men usually find my intelligence intimidating. That's why I don't date anymore. :(

That's a shame - it really is.

Although you could also try walking into a Star Trek Convention and see what happens. ;)

Now, that's an idea! I love Star Trek! :idea: :)

If you can go in costume, that'd be a nice touch as well.

Hmmm.....maybe I should Google Star Trek Conventions in Oklahoma..... :wink:

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

Modality wrote:
I absolutely favor intelligent women. Otherwise it's boring.

agreed.
i couldnt stand a girl who wasnt at least equal to me in terms of iq.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 8:34 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
Would you prefer (if you had your pick of the crop) to go for the less cerebral, non-bookish, conventionally feminine but slightly dithering every-girl.

MMmmm...brains. :skull:

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2009, 12:38 am

nothingunusual wrote:
You see the clever girl looks for a clever boy
To another extent than the clever boy
Will ever look for a mate
Who goes to round-table debates
And runs a little bit late
When she does work for the state

You see the clever girls look for a clever boys
And then the clever boys seem to have a different choice
They want a good-looking chick
That likes to blow them away
Someone who laughs at all the
Funny little things they say

I have a friend who's in this Mensa club
He has no trouble to admit
He wants a woman with ambitions
That go as far as raising kids

We have our fair share of clever boys and girls here at WP, so what do you think? Is it really the case that "Clever Girls Like Clever Boys Much More Than Clever Boys Like Clever Girls"?

Are all intelligent men uninterested at best and intimidated at worst? Would you prefer (if you had your pick of the crop) to go for the less cerebral, non-bookish, conventionally feminine but slightly dithering every-girl.

It sounds terribly chauvinist, but I honestly believe most men, being honest, desire a woman who simply looks good, has traditionally female interests and who is more likely to stay home and raise the children.

Well I am certainly not a representative of the male race, however I do think a lot of guys, as you said, want a conventional feminine girl to stay home and raise kids with. After all, psychology states that males typically view love in the sense of sex, or the sexual appeal of a female for the purpose of replication.

Now, I'm not saying men are a bunch of horny cavemen with the word "sex" running through their mind all the time. We're just wired in to be attracted to physically attractive females. I digress, so back to the main subject of conversation.

Yes, I certainly do believe that men can be intimidated by an intelligent female, because it the assumed role of the man to be "strong and in control" of everything.

However, unlike most guys, I find intelligence attractive. If I could get a physically attractive girl who was a Christian and was also very intelligent, I'd be set. Besides, I make allusions to things that most people scratch their heads and say "Huh?". So an intellectual equal is ideal, it's every sexy, not only can you be sexually attracted, you can also be very flirtatious in an intelligent, playful way. I like a like a little harmless mischief as much as I like intelligence :D 8) :wink:

NEWater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2009, 12:58 am

One of the reasons I haven't been dating for 6 years is because the girls that I've met have so far bored me to death. I've once pulled off a get-girl-drunk-asap-get-her-into-cab-and-"Take this lady away to where she came from, please" on one date where a friend pushed us together, because I couldn't tolerate her air-headedness.

A woman I'm presently interested in may be at least 4+ years older than me, but she's one of the most intellectually-gifted individuals I know, is an AI programmer by trade and has an intimate knowledge of history and philosophy.

I'm not intimidated by intellect. I find it enchanting.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 1:01 am

AutisticMalcontent wrote:
If I could get a physically attractive girl who was a Christian and was also very intelligent, I'd be set.
Not to be rude, but how on earth are you going to achieve that? 8O

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 1:09 am

Guys hate any girl who can beat him at anything that he commends himself on. That is why I often end sentences with prepositions and act like a flake I guess. The tease is most powerful.
The female who can make a male commit atrocious acts which goes against his highest nature, always beats him in the end. The male hates being beated, unless it's literal. He is a literal animal after all. Anything that makes him heighten his awareness makes him see himself from a more honest point of view. Knowledge is evil and knowledge of oneself can bring forth the demise of the self. Love can destroy the ego. You should be afraid of clever women. We can kill you. :lol:

Just to clarify this, I'm not a tease. But, I see how teases have all the power. They make men desire to rape. This makes them feel powerful. Men like to be powerful and will only relinquish this power to a very special women, who can in the end destroy him.

-Pythagoras

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 2:58 am

Magnus wrote:
Guys hate any girl who can beat him at anything that he commends himself on. That is why I often end sentences with prepositions and act like a flake I guess. The tease is most powerful.
The female who can make a male commit atrocious acts which goes against his highest nature, always beats him in the end. The male hates being beated, unless it's literal. He is a literal animal after all. Anything that makes him heighten his awareness makes him see himself from a more honest point of view. Knowledge is evil and knowledge of oneself can bring forth the demise of the self. Love can destroy the ego. You should be afraid of clever women. We can kill you. :lol:

Just to clarify this, I'm not a tease. But, I see how teases have all the power. They make men desire to rape. This makes them feel powerful. Men like to be powerful and will only relinquish this power to a very special women, who can in the end destroy him.
There are some extreme stereotypes right there. I can't say I see myself in any of that. :wink:

Gliesen_Antrho

22 Mar 2009, 5:56 am

I would like a smart girl especially if her expertise is in a subject i know nothing about. Since telling me something I don't know is going to get my rapt attention. However most girls seem to hide it (perhaps because they think I'll be intimadated) even if they are at university. They still play down the smarts, and like to act the barbie :roll: and bore me to death

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Mar 2009, 2:59 pm

I once dated a guy who, whenever we had a disagreement, accused me of sounding like a "schoolteacher." I later realized that my intelligence was intimidating to him, and he was threatened by it. With good cause. I left him.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 3:15 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
Magnus wrote:

There are some extreme stereotypes right there. I can't say I see myself in any of that. :wink:

Yes, Kenjuudo has a point - after reading that, one question only
comes to my mind; what kind of men do you have there where
you live 8O acting like that in my circuits would get you a
bus ticket home.

""I see how teases have all the power. They make men desire
to rape. This makes them feel powerful.""

^
Yes, that makes.....wait....what!? holy crap 8O all i can say is...
what kind of men do you have there? 8O

TingTing

23 Mar 2009, 12:54 am

intellegence doesn't always equal clever and witty. I much prefer witty humor and clever outlook on life than dull sense of humor with an extra side of serious. Of course the sexual attraction has to be thrown in the mix. YES, I want it all!! Bwhahahaha

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 1:48 am

:chin:

Those who know, don't speak.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2009, 7:39 am

Magnus wrote:
Guys hate any girl who can beat him at anything that he commends himself on.

Not all of us. I think it adds another dimension of sexiness if a woman can beat me at a strategy game ;)

*breaks out the Risk board* :wink: :twisted:

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 7:50 am

""

LordKristov wrote:
Magnus wrote:
Guys hate any girl who can beat him at anything that he commends himself on.

Not all of us. I think it adds another dimension of sexiness if a woman can beat me at a strategy game ;)

*breaks out the Risk board* :wink: :twisted:

^
I agree - if a girl beat me at something, i find her
very interesting, not the opposite. If a girl cant
do anything and i beat her at everything, why
would i be interested in that girl? I want someone
whos equal, i have no use for a doormat, i allready
have one on the porch.