Clever girls like clever boys much more than...

Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:40 pm

I don't dare step on your mathematical grounds. However, I will sneak a peek at the statistical evidence occasionally and will argue them despite your own world views. :lol:

-Pythagoras

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 11:36 pm

twoshots wrote:
I'll come out and admit it: my mandrogen fueled personality finds it difficult to get along with someone on a personal level whom I'm in a position of competition with, male or female. An intelligent but complementary women would probably be better than one whose talents put her into direct competition with me. :rambo:

I agree with you on this. You want to be with someone that balances well with you. You don't want someone that is the complete opposite, or exactly like you either, though. Ever heard the old saying, "both people can't wear the pants in the relationship"?

Some examples:

If your a quiet one, you want someone that's more talkative.

If your the dominant type, you want someone that's submissive (although sometimes this is a bad thing when people are too far at opposite ends)

If you are strong willed, independant, and stubborn, you want someone that's at least somewhat agreeable, open minded, and dependant.

bobstride
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2009, 6:27 pm

twoshots wrote:
Men generally don't want clever women much. Cleverness is practically meaningless outside of a display context, and women don't display that way. Although I would imagine it has eugenic connotations :chin:

Right On! However, physical attractiveness also has eugenics connotations . . .

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2009, 7:42 pm

I actually always thought it was the other way around. Smart guys like smart girls, but smart girls like dumb guys. At least this is my experience, although my experience is solely with NTs (afaik). Smart girls I've known have manipulated their less intelligent boyfriends.