Non-dater 18%  18%  [ 71 ]
Arranged marriage or Christian Courtship 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Arranged marriage or Christian Courtship 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 390

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2006, 11:56 pm

My first girlfriend happened for me at the age of 14. It lasted for about a year and she was a sufferer of bipolar disorder. So yes, it was pretty high maintainence, but I am thankful b/c it prepared me for the worst.

Now I'm 18 and I've had flings and ladyfriends poppin up everywhere, but only 3 girlfriends in my life, none of which i asked out unfortunatly. Thank you aspergers! Nah, actually, don't listen to me, it's myself. I've adapted to going for girls who like me before I like them. It's kind of like, that way you can be sure that they actually like you for who you are and they didn't just decide to go out with you to be nice. I hope to god this is all in my head and that one day I'll be able to do the honors of initiating a relationship.

I dunno who to thank for a kid like me actually having some moderate success in the department of romance and gettin it on! God? The whims of the great magnet? Maybe it's because I intrigue certain girls cuz I'm such an oddballer. Whatever it is, thank you, and don't stop!! ! As a matter of fact, pick up the pace!! ! lol. Alright, enough of me rambling.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 5:26 am

I went on my first date with my first boyfriend at age 19. We lasted 2 1/2 years.
I've had plenty of crushes though

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 6:35 am

HydroPurity wrote:
I've adapted to going for girls who like me before I like them. It's kind of like, that way you can be sure that they actually like you for who you are and they didn't just decide to go out with you to be nice.

Heh I have an awful habit of falling for girls who USED to like me, but who have since lost interest ¬_¬

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2006, 9:40 am

TaliDaRadical wrote:
If you're a dater, at what age did you start dating? I'm into sociology and anthropology and I wanna study the demographics of dating. (I'm also a non-dater so rest assured 8) ) It has been said that dating is a 'threshold issue' for us Autie folks. (This will assure you further: I'm also studying start-of-dating ages for different ethnic and religious groups, as well as people in different parts of the country.)

I started "dating" [i.e., being shoved/coerced/wheedled by acquaintainces and family members into uncomfortable social situations with complete strangers] when I was about 16. I must have been the blind-date from hell - "deer in the headlights" look for any unlikely eye contact, almost completely unconversational, and not at all interested in drinking, smoking, or "fooling around."

Now, to be truthful, I didn't really start "Dating" [i.e., have any real interest in what the above scenario was supposed to be] until I was around 24 or 25. That's when the "hmmm, what ARE those uniquely interesting creatures walking around over there" kind of wheedled its way into my thoughts.

Had nothing but trouble with 'em ever since. :wink:

neptunevsmars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 10:40 am

Assassin wrote:
Heh I have an awful habit of falling for girls who USED to like me, but who have since lost interest ¬_¬

You too? Story of my life.

How does the song go? "I know, you gonna want me...but, when you want me...it might be, a different story..." :roll: <sigh>

You got to ask for it

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2006, 10:51 am

lol

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Franky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2006, 3:52 pm

I've been interested in girls for as long as I can remember, and had lots of different 'girlfriends' when I was really young, but if you discard those pre-puberty child relations, I've had about... 5 relationships that has really meant something for me, a few more big crushes that never went anywhere, and one one-night-stand.

God, that came out making me sound like some kind of swinger :) I definitely don't have that kind of an attitude towards romance, in fact I consider myself a very romantic and sweet hearted fellow. But well... I fall in love easily, and people tell me I look good, so I guess girls can find me attractive... but just can't cope with my personality. Well, it has gotten better over the years, my latest relationships have lasted for 1.5 years, 3 years and now 2 years and still counting.