Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 1:16 pm

Why do girls make a point of ignoring certain guys? Even if you don't know them they won't look at you if you look at them and smile, but they're nice to some other people.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2006, 1:25 pm

Unless they are an aspie girl they are probably being picky or snotty or rude. (I think that narrows it down)
Unfortunately, some people fail to see the whole person and only look at exteriors. I would say that it is an only NT trait but, I may be wrong here, I would say that it is a maturity issue.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 4:37 pm

ELLCIM wrote:
Why do girls make a point of ignoring certain guys? Even if you don't know them they won't look at you if you look at them and smile, but they're nice to some other people.

Because people are shallow.

If someone creepy was staring at me I would ignore them. If someone smiled though I would usually smile back.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 5:40 pm

The same reason we make a point of ignoring certain other girls; we're human too, and there are some people we just don't like.

Bigger question, as I've noticed a trend here: Why do men keep assuming everything women do has to do specifically with them, and/or is only done by women???

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 7:12 pm

Serissa wrote:
The same reason we make a point of ignoring certain other girls; we're human too, and there are some people we just don't like.

I ignore very, very few women if they are friendly with me. Also unlike a lot of women, I'm rarely busy. If there's one thing I like to make fun of in my mind and with guy friends, it's the "I'm always busy" front. I remember a time just three years ago when I actually believed everyone, and I wondered why so many people could be perpetually busy.

Serissa wrote:
Bigger question, as I've noticed a trend here: Why do men keep assuming everything women do has to do specifically with them, and/or is only done by women???

They don't tell us what the problem is, so it's open season.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:24 pm

I think it is just people groping in the darkness for some key answer which will suddenly make their whole picture(or at least a big part of it) of reality suddenly make sense.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 12:24 am

ELLCIM wrote:

Some of them may just be being shy.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:28 am

QuirkyCarla wrote:
ELLCIM wrote:

Some...but a lot of girls I'm referring to are very outgoing and ignore me specifically (i.e. don't even make eye contact when I try to make eye contact or acknowledge them when passing them in the hallway)...and all I've ever done is say "hi" to them once.

redvelvet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2006, 10:13 am

If the girls are NT girls then they could be snooty or shy, the shy means that they like you but don't know you well enough to be comfortable with you.

But also the girls just may not have an attraction to you, Nt girls look at men with a view to a romantic relationship or/and a flirtatious relationship usually. IF you're not her type then they won't usually acknowledge you.

But a girl or woman who is Aspergic, I have learnt can have male friends far easier and stay just friends. But they can also be attracted to certain men, although they can have a harder time understanding the feelings.

North
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2006, 10:20 am

ELLCIM wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:
ELLCIM wrote:

Some...but a lot of girls I'm referring to are very outgoing and ignore me specifically (i.e. don't even make eye contact when I try to make eye contact or acknowledge them when passing them in the hallway)...and all I've ever done is say "hi" to them once.

It really depends on the circumstances. If all you've ever done is say hello, then you're a complete stranger to them and it's possible they find it a bit creepy. There's also a bizarre supply and demand thing going on in some cases. The girls that are the "most outgoing" tend to be the most popular, so they have a lot of say over who they hang out with. By being more friendly to people outside their social group, they are making themselves more available (increasing supply). But people tend to want what they CAN'T have, so to stay popular, they need to carefully control their relationships.

Make any sense?

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 10:26 am

ELLCIM wrote:
I ignore very, very few women if they are friendly with me. Also unlike a lot of women, I'm rarely busy. If there's one thing I like to make fun of in my mind and with guy friends, it's the "I'm always busy" front. I remember a time just three years ago when I actually believed everyone, and I wondered why so many people could be perpetually busy.

So you hold it against women who have things to do???

Quote:
They don't tell us what the problem is, so it's open season.

That's called "tact," and men do it too. BELIEVE me, men can dodge around straight answers to straight answered from undesired memebrs of the desired sex just as much as men.

toddjh
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2006, 1:05 pm

Serissa wrote:
That's called "tact," and men do it too. BELIEVE me, men can dodge around straight answers to straight answered from undesired memebrs of the desired sex just as much as men.

Sometimes I think straight guys should go to gay bars, so they can get some experience in dealing with unwanted propositions -- and no playing the "I'm straight" card. :) It's hard! You can't just tell somebody you don't like them; that makes you look (and feel) like a total jerk, even if it's nothing personal. It's so much easier to try to come up with some excuse and let them down easy!

Jeremy

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:16 pm

Serissa wrote:
ELLCIM wrote:

So you hold it against women who have things to do???

Women don't have things to do. They all just use it as a perpetual excuse. It's been proven true to me over and over.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:19 pm

North wrote:
It really depends on the circumstances. If all you've ever done is say hello, then you're a complete stranger to them and it's possible they find it a bit creepy. There's also a bizarre supply and demand thing going on in some cases. The girls that are the "most outgoing" tend to be the most popular, so they have a lot of say over who they hang out with. By being more friendly to people outside their social group, they are making themselves more available (increasing supply). But people tend to want what they CAN'T have, so to stay popular, they need to carefully control their relationships.

There's no reason for a girl to find a "hello" creepy. That's their problem if they find something so innocent to be creepy. I think women these days get way too scared too fast. Many of them think they are being stalked when they really are not. It used to be that touching their breast was creepy. Now they love it when guys do that to them, but they get creeped out when someone is nice to them. Make up your minds folks!

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2006, 3:01 pm

ELLCIM wrote:
North wrote:

There's no reason for a girl to find a "hello" creepy. That's their problem if they find something so innocent to be creepy. I think women these days get way too scared too fast. Many of them think they are being stalked when they really are not. It used to be that touching their breast was creepy. Now they love it when guys do that to them, but they get creeped out when someone is nice to them. Make up your minds folks!

Agreed. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:50 pm

Alot of guys that try and do this sort of thing just want to root me, so it's easier just to ignore them.

I've never really had any sympathy for males or liked them much, but for some reason have always been this way :(