Mixed-Race Aspies and Dating

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

Yes, I am aware that this is just "Black Aspies and Dating: Part 2" but I have a similar question. Why do so many people fear mixed-race people?

It's because people are still taking this "racial purity" thing too seriously when someone enters the dating game. A lot of white parents don't want their daughters with a mixed-race guy and the same may apply for Hispanic men who don't like it when their daughters and female cousins date someone who is not Hispanic. I don't know, it is as if so many people view mixed-race people similar to how people see black men.

I'm proud to be a Mixed-Race Aspie.

What the hell is wrong with people these days? :evil:

PS: If you want clarification, just post and I will reply when possible.

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 12 Apr 2009, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:52 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

I wish I knew.

y es como un semestre"

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:55 pm

I have had fling with 3 indian chicks and found them all delightful. they call me their gora boy

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:06 pm

Yes, I am aware that this is just "Black Aspies and Dating: Part 2" but I have a similar question. Why do so many people fear mixed-race people?

It's because people are still taking this "racial purity" thing too seriously when someone enters the dating game. A lot of white parents don't want their daughters with a mixed-race guy and the same may apply for Hispanic men who don't like it when their daughters and female cousins date someone who is not Hispanic. I don't know, it is as if so many people view mixed-race people similar to how people see black men.

When I was a little girl in southern Kansas, I profoundly shocked my mother by drinking in a 'colored only' water fountain. It was right there with the "White only" only a little lower and I was a little girl and couldn't read, but my thoroughly spanked bottom never let me make that mistake again! I didn't know it at the time, but there were also laws against people of different races to marry, and any children from a union of caucasian men and black women (you don't even want to know what would happen to a white woman with a black man, back then) would always be considered 'Negro,' no matter how much 'white' was in their bloodstream.

I lived through times where girls and women changed this by having black babies in single parent relationships. I lived in Hawaii thirty years ago and was around many mixed 'race' ( I find the idea of 'race' distasteful) babies and their single mothers and saw the 'color' of the world change with every birth. I even lived to see one of these children grow up to become President.

So, when you say 'what the hell is wrong with people these days', remember how much worse it was and that it is dieing out. Soon, as the generations go, we will all be a shade of golden, they say. That day can't come soon enough for me.

Merle

who didn't want to get into the politics of all this, because it is in the Dating Discussion.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:30 pm

I don't know.

I've come to the conclusion that the human race is just too damn weird and picky about everything.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Apr 2009, 11:39 pm

im really all up on japanease women and east indian hunnies these days. my goodness!

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2009, 1:22 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I don't know.

I've come to the conclusion that the human race is just too damn weird and picky about everything.

I agree.

It is all about putting everything in a category, labels and such... comparing and contrasting anything or everything with something else...

Like every one else, I am a human first... like everyone else, go far enough back and eventually, everyone will have more and more common ancestors. No two people function the exact same mrntally and emotionally....

It is like a bell curve, most of the people are in the larger portion of the bell curve... such as the NT's, but as you go further out into the tail ends, there are the others that are less like everyone else, some further out than others... weither it is ASD, ADHD, downs syndrome or whatever it is.... Like intelligence, does it make it wrong to be on the outer fringes of the majority of the remaining peoples in that central area of the bell curve?

Culture, society, so on and so forth....

Zasha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2009, 11:16 pm

Why do so many people fear mixed-race people?

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Because it's harder to assume what you think. You are outside any assumptions about "those people". Personally, I like that. There's an expression; "comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable." It's good to make them think, make them ask. They don't like it, but it's good for them.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 11:18 pm

mixed race = good gene pool

chicks have no idea what their potential future kids are missing out on >:(

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2009, 6:53 am

I have this bad habit of comparing people to animals. I know the majority of animals don't like the offspring when they are born different, some even kill them after their birth. My point is that racism is just another way of rejecting what is different form our group. We still haven't evolved that much.

And of course i have faced racism, even in my own country. Now that i am in a strange land, it is even worse.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 4:58 pm

I wouldn't care about her ethnicity, mixed or not.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 1:18 pm

I am indifferent as to ethnicity.

I am white, with 1/8 Cherokee. I have occasionally been mistaken for being Hispanic/Latino.

For the records, my first girlfriend was Latina, and my second girlfriend was Korean.

Xanovaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2009, 6:18 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

I am white, with 1/8 Cherokee. I have occasionally been mistaken for being Hispanic/Latino.

I'm half Japanese and half Russian.

I get the hispanic thing a LOT.

Tragedyanne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2009, 3:02 pm

I was dating a Chinese guy. No one cared or looked at us strangely at all. I didn't stop to think about it too much, because it's not really a big deal here at least, in Canada.

jbinion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2009, 6:36 pm

People are biggots and s**tholes. Think about it. If God is love and Racism is hatred. Does biggotry have anything to do with God? Trying to figure out racist people and biggots is like trying to figure out women. I'm not trying to say that women are anything like biggots, but both are extremely hard to figure out. What I said might have came out wrong, but I know everyone agrees with me. Racist people come in all shapes, sizes, colors and so forth. There are racist white ppl, black ppl.. there are racist men, racist women...hey!! there are even racist aspies.
Don't try to prove yourself to anyone even if they are racist too, if they are racist, they wont like u anyways because they are too small minded to even see what a good person is.
There is someone ...I wont say names, but this person is a bit of a prejudice, this person even found out i was autistic, but this person still holds the prejudice views towards me.
Just like girls, you can tell a NT girl you are autistic, but if she doesn't like you then she never will.
There is nothing you can do, I had to learn this myself.
and dont think to yourself. "WHY DO THEY THINK THIS OF ME!! !! I'M JUST A NICE PERSON, I WOULD NEVER DO ANY HARM. ALSO I HAVE ASPERGER'S, I DON'T FIT THE STEREOTYPICAL 'WHATEVER'! !!"

Nope their view of you doesn't change......oh yea if someone is a biggot or racist, then they probablty dislike disabled people too.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2009, 10:48 pm

No matter wher eyou go or who you meet, there will always be peopel who will be biased or racist and judge others according to their race or ethinc heritage.

I hada girlfriend once back in high school who was mexican then my next girlfriend was black... on of my older sisters did not want anything to do with me or did not talk to me for over 2 years because of me dating someone else outside of my race... my dad did not want anything to do with me for over 10 years because of that as well...

the funny thing is, is that me and my sister is also part Cherokee/Chippewa and Jewish (Semitic- from Africa) ancestry. My dad is 100% nordic and is really fair but my mom look like an indian, olive complexion, black straight hair, etc - I am in the middle of both of them... God does not see man as a race but rather as either saved or lost... we should also step aside and see something that is bigger than ourselves... bigeots and racist behaviors only divide...

It is like some people need to feel that they are special, better or a distinct attribute of themselves needs to be better than everyone else... and some happen to use race or ethnic types as a catalyst to stroke their self worth and self importance.

We are all in this thing called life together... it is much easier to love one another than to hate and fight amongst ourselves...