Yes 49%  49%  [ 66 ]
already married 13%  13%  [ 18 ]
other (explain) 13%  13%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 136

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2009, 9:11 pm

Do you want to get married? Other because i want a totally submissive girl to a dominant male and and a comprenhensive girl for my actual problem. Also patience

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 10:10 pm

CelticGoddess wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:
I plan on proposing in October, so I sure hope I believe in it.

I just saw this now. That is so exciting to read. Wishing you the best. 8)

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 12:18 pm

Good luck, JH!

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 9:55 pm

I voted no because I believe in free loveXD

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2009, 10:19 pm

No.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 10:42 pm

Completely indifferent to the concept of marriage. I almost find it kinda childish, like if I knew someone who I wanted to spend my whole life with why do I need some huge party and legal document to say it? Would probably want to exchange rings only to shut up the people who are always asking 'are you married?' But then again, then i'd hear the whole why didnt you have a wedding party and was i not invited? would invite even more questions.

Just a no I guess. plan and simple.

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jul 2009, 11:10 pm

I have no interest in marriage unless it were to get me some kind of financial benefit from the government. I am in a long term relationship and live with my partner. We have lived together long enough that we now have the same legal rights as married couples (in my state de facto is equivalent to marriage after you have lived together two years) so I see no need for marriage. If for some reason I had to get married, I would definitely not have a wedding. Expensive and pointless.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:12 am

What exactly is the difference between "no" and "hell no"?

I put "no" because, while I'm certainly not looking to get married any time soon, I am open to that changing later in my life.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:42 am

I voted "other" because I don't know what it's like, and because I'm only 15, so it will be a while before I fully decide.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 3:20 am

I voted "Other".

If I find a need to get married then I'll get married. Mmmk?

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 9:21 pm

I don't know about you guys....but whenever I interact or socialize with a woman, I feel more relaxed and happier. So I'm not letting my AS prevent me from marrying a nice, beautiful woman.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 11:06 am

amazon_television wrote:
The unfortunate thing (at least in the US, I'm not sure about elsewhere) is there are all these benefits that people are eligible for once married, but two people in an identical arrangement but without the label are not eligible.

The opposite is also true. You can't get disability benefits if you're married. Apparently your spouse is supposed to support you...

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2009, 8:04 pm

I am neither for or against it.

This is because I am single (single does not mean unhappy) and always have been so I do not feel like I am in a position to make a judgement on the most ultimate long term relationship when I have not been in any relationship at all.

I don't mind being alone for the rest of my life, but I am not going to run from a woman who loves me unconditionally because I am afraid of losing my freedom or independence, or the obligations marriage would bring. A woman who accepts me unconditonally like that may only come once and I would not throw it away for fear.

The one fear I think I would have trouble overcoming though is my ability to return that level of affection to my wife. I have befriended many girls who have poured out their hearts to their significant others and received nothing in return, and watched their spirits break because of it. I could not bear that burden, even if that lack of affection was unintentional and just part of who I am rather than malicious like it was for those women and is with many other men.

So yeah, I will cross that bridge and make that decision when I get to it. I'm pretty young, and I know I do not have forever, but I'm positive that this is something that should not be rushed into (including the decision to never marry).

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:15 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Aside from the fact that I WILL (no denying) be a bridezilla times 10000000, I can't imagine any person sharing the same space as me for very long. Also if I ever do get married I don't want to go through with things the traditional way. I'd probably be more comfortable with the courthouse setting but I would still deal with people so no. I can't imagine how a guy would propose to me but if becomes a public spectacle like those proposalgonewrong videos I would be mortified.

My parents got married by a judge in an arboretum.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:51 pm

Don't care. Marriage is only a proof of commitment to one another in front of the greater public. If you can stick with a person without diverting ressources to a third party, excluding your offspring, you should be ok.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:59 pm

Not really. I need proof that I can have a successful relationship before I'd even think about the possibility of one day getting married.