Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Dmalus22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2009, 1:11 am

Ok I guess you could say this is a legal question but it pertains to my aspergers. I have been dating a wonderful girl for about 3 years now and I am thinking of having her move in next year. I own my own house which was paid for out of my inheritence and not by county means of shelter. I have aspergers but I am quite capable of living alone and dont need the assistance of a PSA. The only involvement I have with the county is going to an annual account hearing over my SSDI. So let me get to the point, my mother is my guardian and conservator. I dont talk to her much but she told me that all that means is basically she handles my SSDI and thats it. She used my inheritence to get me a town home which is under my name and hers, the thing is she does not live with me and hasnt for the 2 years I have been here. At one of the hearings the judge got really mad at her because she is not a resident yet she has her name on my house. Now if I wanted to have the girlfriend move in, my mother wouldnt be able to call the cops to have her removed especially since she is not a resident at my house and since my girl is over 18. I would think of it as a bum rap if I wouldnt be able to have a relationship because of aspergers when there are plenty of horrible couples out there that dont have it. When I say horrible I mean abusive, irresponsible and such. Please answer back if you can.

Apep
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2009, 1:25 am

IANAL, but if unless there is something unusual about the ownership arrangement, your mother and you both have equal rights to the property. Worst case scenarios, you get an attorney ad litem and force a partition sale.

If you're worried she might do something like call the cops on your girl, consult a real attorney in your local area.