Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 12:15 pm

I can't say I know the entire definition of the term, "Wing man", but I know my meaning for it. To elaborate, I've just made the trip to Colorado Springs, this highlights a change in living situation, friends, and perpective for me.

My old friend was married and never disagreed with his wife. They had no ambition in life other than living off of government money and taking rent from me. I won't go into the details of the fallout.

My other friend who I won't name is an opposite. He's very outgoing and loves picking up women (in spite of his looks, he's very good at it). Unfortunately for him, after a certian point, he fails in his relationships (he recently got divorced). I'm a terrible pickup artist, but I have a better track record of not coming off as a complete ass to women (he'll admit he's an ass most of the time).

Here's where the theory begins. He has a house and all the skills to bring women there, I have all the skills to get them to enjoy staying around. He really seems to want a real relationship out of life (he has a son that he wants to raise). So the wing man theory to me is symbiosis, working on eachother's strengths to get what we want. I'll show him the church-girl type and he'll show me how to present myself better.

I have this habit of thinking that if I'm onto something, then I should come back here to report. So if you're a guy who has the patience to read this, feel free to argue about why this wouldn't work for you, in fact if this idea is completely bad, then don't hesitate to call bs, I'll just try to prove myself right again.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 1:34 pm

You've got a pretty nice situation there. One can only be so lucky to find a wingman who can help make up for what they lack. Use this the best you can.

Done one situation where my friend could carry on long conversations, but had trouble leading women into doing more. On the other hand, I struggled to keep conversations going, but had a good sense of what to do, & when, to keep things moving in a sexual direction.

Eventually, he got pretty good at keeping things moving too & didn't need me anymore, but that's beside the point. It was great while it lasted & we both learned from it.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2009, 11:00 am

It sounds like he was just getting tired of the success (he must've been if he had to ditch you). That really doesn't fly in my book, that's just mean, but then again I'm learning more about mean here (my friend was about to start a fight because of a guy who flicked a cigarette butt on the car), I'll be careful though. When you get down to it, I'd rather just find the right one and settle down (slowly), only that one isn't as easy as it sounds either.

On a plus note, the wing man concept is leading to more experience, there's a topless girl on my bed (along with a couple of passed out strangers), nobody really did anything, but let me tall you, if those two guys weren't here I'd be right next to her lol. I really hope the idea catches on here, I think that'll get more guys out in the real world to enjoy things a little more.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

That's really cool. My only single friend at this point is too much of a wimp to seek out girls in a bar situation, or probably any situation. Of course, I'm a pretty huge wimp about seeking out girls in a bar situation (I'm just getting my feet wet here as I've only been to bars twice in my life), too. I think next time we go out drinking/listening to live bands, I'm going to be friendly with some group of girls there who appear single and see if he joins me. Bar/club "game" seems to be a totally different beast from day game (which I have much more experience with at this point).

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2009, 8:11 pm

My NT brother makes a great wing-man we have each others' back