Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 7:31 am

I replied to a post on animal cruelty, because I HATE animal cruelty. I added a reply stating that animal abusers are psychopaths that should be shot. And I got a warning from Facebook for writing that and they almost restricted my account but let me off because it was the first time. I wasn't giving anyone abuse, I was just stating my view on people who abuse animals. I'd understand it if I aimed it at someone personally like saying "you should be shot" but I didn't. I just hate animal cruelty.

I'm sorry Facebook for violating your dumb stupid rules.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 8:21 am

1) It's never a good idea to suggest someone should be shot, even when you're talking about bad people. That may be an American leftist position, what with all the gun violence here "should be shot" seems more real than perhaps you intend.

As an aside, when I was a kid, I once said that Ronald Reagan should be shot, for something I don't remember, and then he was. And I said John Lennon should be shot for allowing Yoko to do every other song on his album, making it unlistenable. And then he was.

2) Yeah, it's easy to get put into Facebook jail

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 8:53 am

It's the times we live in.

Back when I was growing up, if my brother said he would "kill me," I never took it seriously. I took it as something my idiot brother would say if he was mad. I never actually believed he would kill me.

And, in school, if some kid said that "you're dead outside!," all that meant was that I might get my ass kicked a little bit.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 9:42 am

I just feel embarrassed that I was "told off" by Facebook, even though nobody else knows.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 9:53 am

There are times when people "tell off" people just so they can boost their egos.

It doesn't actually mean that you deserved to be "told off."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when people "tell off" people just so they can boost their egos.

It doesn't actually mean that you deserved to be "told off."

Well it was Facebook that told me off, I don't think they were doing it to boost their egos, they were just reminding me to never post things like that again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:13 am

In the spirit of these times, I would agree with Facebook on that.

I was just talking in general.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2021, 8:31 pm

I don't even go on that damn site anymore.

I am disowned by most of my family for being black and gay, so I don't really use facebook at all; but my facebook profile is still up. I just keep it, because I have a lot photos of me from family functions back in the day on there, and in case of emergency I need to contact someone etc.

But facebook can go to hell, and all the CEO's and crap that run it.

I sometimes lurk at my family members complaining about current events, and doing live streams statuses and stuff, I cut that crap off like after 30 seconds. I can't lol.

There is a a lot of wishy washy rules and regulations going on. I just keep my mouth closed, because people are stupid, and a long open letter on facebook, isn't going to change their minds.

I'm liberal and left leaning myself, but it seems people on the center or right, or universally all around, get punished on facebook for no reason, and get misunderstood.

Screw facebook. lol.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I just feel embarrassed that I was "told off" by Facebook, even though nobody else knows.

If it makes you feel any better, it probably wasn't a real human being who messaged you =)

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 11:23 pm

Was going to deactivate my facebook account just now, but that'll just give me questions I have to answer if family notices.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 12:55 pm

I no longer use my Facebook account and don’t regret it. That’s messed up how they gave you a warning for standing up for innocent animals.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 1:49 pm

Marknis wrote:
I no longer use my Facebook account and don’t regret it. That’s messed up how they gave you a warning for standing up for innocent animals.

Yes that's right.

I'd understand it if I'd aimed it at someone personally, whether I knew them or not. I believe that criminals that do bad things to living creatures don't deserve to live themselves. I was just standing up to animal cruelty is all.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 3:31 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Yes that's right.

I'd understand it if I'd aimed it at someone personally, whether I knew them or not. I believe that criminals that do bad things to living creatures don't deserve to live themselves. I was just standing up to animal cruelty is all.

I see dead pets in the road close to where I work and I’ve heard animal abusers boast about how they purposefully ran over pets. It makes me wish I could run over them.

I stopped using Facebook because Facebook Dating and this stupid page called Missed Connections exasperated me as well as seeing my older brother constantly post about his business and his kids doing stupid and gross things.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

I see a lot of comments on animal abuse photos of people saying things like "those people need to be shot" and THEIR comments don't get taken down. So what's the difference when I make a comment like that about animal abuse?

I do actually feel like I've just been picked upon by Facebook. I received the message from Facebook seconds after I put the comment, threatening to restrict my account if I say anything like that again, whereas other people's comments about shooting animal abusers are still up weeks later. I hate being treated differently. :x

Should I write to Facebook and complain why they've just picked on me?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 10:04 pm

Joe90 wrote:

You can report the posts, I guess? Someone probably reported yours.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 5:40 am

Joe90 wrote:
I see a lot of comments on animal abuse photos of people saying things like "those people need to be shot" and THEIR comments don't get taken down. So what's the difference when I make a comment like that about animal abuse?

Who knows?

That's "artificial intelligence" for you. Very artificial, not very intelligent -- at least in the domain of social media moderation.

Joe90 wrote:
I do actually feel like I've just been picked upon by Facebook. I received the message from Facebook seconds after I put the comment, threatening to restrict my account if I say anything like that again,

Thus this probably was indeed the action of an AI, not a live human reporting you, which would likely have taken much longer to process.

Joe90 wrote:
whereas other people's comments about shooting animal abusers are still up weeks later. I hate being treated differently. :x

To have any impact at all (MAYBE), you would have to report specific other posts that you think are worse than yours was.