Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Sep 2022, 10:20 pm

I am female. I have a few female friends. I have many male friends. Solely online friends. I never met them in person.

Is it the opposite gender thing that makes you more appealing socially or something?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 10:50 pm

I seem to find it easier to make friends with NT men than NT women.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 11:13 pm

Definitely not my case in real life.
Most people in my life are female. Interacting with males are not common for me. Interacting with males in real life feels more alien for me.

Unsure if it has something to do with being nonbinary, my upbringing and circumstances or the culture.
And no, I didn't grew up in gender segregated settings

Online, the gender didn't matter.

Lose more time here.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:02 pm

Growing up I always found it easier to hang out with girls than other boys. That has become a problem in older age because it's very hard to have girls as proper, close, friends when you're in a separate romantic relationship with a girl. There's always that suspicion that you're up to no good both by the girl that you're trying to befriend and the romantic partner.

MergLocksprocket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2022, 8:57 am

Just my two cents, Most men I know (Including myself) prefer when people are direct with them. Autism just kind of naturally makes us more direct I suppose. Could possibly explain why some of the women in this thread feel this way?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 6:26 am

Not my case. The few men i became friends with have tried to hit on me and since then i became paranoiac

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2022, 8:50 pm

Its OK to be friends with both sexes.

Its just so happened recent I was so focused on getting into some relationships, and end up talking to females more.
Being the single minded person I am.
Before I started thinking about relationships realistically I was more about talking to men.
Not sure why.
Maybe coincidence.
Maybe its just subconscious thing.
When you think and focus sometimes these things tend to attract the types of people you focus on?

It could also be simply matter of chance.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 4:38 pm

I find NT men easier to talk to than NT women. I have more in common with them.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:06 pm

Both for me really.

I think NT women are actually really funny. I always end up being friends with really attractive women who don't actually take themselves too seriously but they just enjoy looking good. I've had some of the best laughs in my life with them.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 4:08 pm

Over my lifespan, most of my good friends have been male. A couple of women.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm

I only had guy friends until age 12.

After that, maybe slightly more women than men were my friends.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 6:45 pm

It's roughly about equal at the moment. Sometimes this changes. It would be nice to make a couple more female friends though.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2022, 8:06 am

Women make friends of the opposite sex more easily. For a man its harder because women have their guard up.

I dont have any friends of the opposite sex, although occasionally have had in the past. It takes a lot of effort to break down suspicion of an ulterior motive, and the ones ive had have either fizzled out or i didnt want it anymore.

Making friends with men is so much easier, theyre often lonely, glad of someone to talk to and have more time for you.

I should also note that it could be me who is intimidating to women for whatever reason which could account for this.

edit: actually i have one online friend who is a girl. She dm'd me first without any solicitation. I was gobsmacked.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2022, 5:40 pm

Personally, true friendships do not exist at this time. I do feel drawn to awesome, thoughtful women. I sense potential friendships with........like minded guys.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2022, 7:50 pm

even though im very girly i seem to prefer the company of men and i always have had male friends

my two closest people to me in this world are my husband and my son..their friends are males and so im often bombarded with male company

i am a bus driver so most of my colleagues are men

i think a lot of women are jealous of me for my looks which is why they prefer to not get too close i dont know but iv never been bullied by women

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2022, 10:43 am

I think friendships between men and women are often problematic, because of the men. Sometimes what looks like a friendship may just be a man waiting for "his turn".

When I was in a romantic relationship with an extroverted woman, she often did things with her extroverted male friend (because of a common hobby), and he tried to get close to her. Obviously he didn't like me. When my relationship with that woman ended, he got mad at her when she turned him down. He thought now it would finally be his turn. He waited patiently for over a year and now he should be rewarded with intimacy. So their friendship ended when my relationship with that woman ended.

Such an awkward situation wouldn't happen with homosexual men, or with lesbian women who are friends with heterosexual men.

Me, I barely ever had female friends after reaching puberty. The majority were more intimate relationships.